**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

5/27 is the date of the physical CD.

I think the album is crazy. Like some have said, it’s like therapy. I’m crushed that Heart 5 wasn’t on the album. It fits perfect. There’s 3-4 songs that I won’t play often just from the flows or his voices.

We Cry Together reminds me so much of Em’s Kim. The voice, the humor, the screaming.

Not a fan of Kodak being on this album. Kodak is in and out the booth, **** him.

Joe gives a pretty good breakdown on Heart 5. I look forward to a breakdown of the whole album.

Anybody know who's distributing for pglang and what does Dot's deal look like with aftermath/interscope?

Back in my HS/College days I'd randomly turn on BET late night and some of the censoring they did on those movies made them damn near unwatchable. It often would have been better if they just muted the cuss words instead of inserting some words that sounded completely off.

Kendrick is your favorite rappers favorite rapper.
So Kendrick is Kendrick’s favorite rapper?

A912501F-806E-48FA-83FA-2D36AA996207.gif

Back in my HS/College days I'd randomly turn on BET late night and some of the censoring they did on those movies made them damn near unwatchable. It often would have been better if they just muted the cuss words instead of inserting some words that sounded completely off.
‘Friday’ was probably the worst. I remember hearing Chris Tucker say “I don’t give a FLUTE!” and the voice sounded nothing like Tucker :rofl: ‘Belly’ had awful editing as well, DMX sounded like someone imitating Chris Rock imitating DMX

"SSI bury family members, at the repass they serving Popeyesss Chicken"

"I caught a couple of bodies myself, slid my community
My last Christmas toy drive in Compton handed out eulogies
Not because the rags in the park had red gradient
But because the high blood pressure flooded the catering"

alonzo-mourning-gary-payton.gif

Last edited:
Is The Heart PT. 5 on the physical copies/vinyl? I first saw mention that it wasn't on the album but seen it at the end of the album on spotify

Being honest, I haven't really revisited the album besides maybe 3 songs since it dropped. I'll do a listen of it, but this project feels different as far as replay value

Same here. Its heavy. Just not something Ima blast consistently. But it is a very good album. Im kinda more looking forward to the show honestly. Im interested on how he is gonna display these tracks. This album ain’t something u can just get on stage and rap. Super excited/interested to see how he does it.

Is The Heart PT. 5 on the physical copies/vinyl? I first saw mention that it wasn't on the album but seen it at the end of the album on spotify
Can confirm that it’s not on the physical CD. Don’t think Vinyl is available yet.

Being honest, I haven't really revisited the album besides maybe 3 songs since it dropped. I'll do a listen of it, but this project feels different as far as replay value
Only songs I really skip over is “we cry together”, “crown” and the Kodak skit.

The rest are in constant rotation in no particular order.

This album won’t be fully appreciated until later down the road when folks start to listen to music for the words being said, not the dances they can do to them.

Some folks will never be ready to face things in their life that will come to the surface after listening to this album………

Back
Top Bottom