Official Kevin Durant hate thread Haters Call To Arms! (The Haters Unification Thread)

Honest question, will Durant get any credit for any championships, if any, GS wins?

Honest question, will Durant get any credit for any championships, if any, GS wins?
Honest answer, yes.

The public has a very short memory. No one puts a * next to Lebron's first two rings in the general public. As with most things, initially there will be a lot of backlash with this decision, but if KD performs up to standard and the dubs win, everyone will be referring to him as an NBA champion, and placing him w/ the all time greats.

That's what y'all wanted, right?

If you don't think durant is in a better position to win now then I don't know what to tell you.
His playing position hasn't changed, has it?

But I'll play along, he's in a better position now? He was up 3-1. He choked in Game 6 and 7. If he doesn't play like crap they would've advanced. He's not in a better position now, he just needed to play better.

Honest answer, yes.

The public has a very short memory. No one puts a * next to Lebron's first two rings in the general public. As with most things, initially there will be a lot of backlash with this decision, but if KD performs up to standard and the dubs win, everyone will be referring to him as an NBA champion, and placing him w/ the all time greats.

That's what y'all wanted, right?
all time greats is stretching it a little. No matter how you wash it, it's still a bish move, even the gsw fans need to admit that. If he wins, his championship legacy will be the same as Robert Horry. Nobody says he's the reason for his 7 rings.

If you don't think durant is in a better position to win now then I don't know what to tell you.
His playing position hasn't changed, has it?

But I'll play along, he's in a better position now? He was up 3-1. He choked in Game 6 and 7. If he doesn't play like crap they would've advanced. He's not in a better position now, he just needed to play better.

He joined a team that already has a title, easily an upgrade over Harrison Barnes.

He's in a better situation.

I could have sworn jumpman did not want KD because it meant they wouldn't have depth or some ish

At the end of the day our country is based on the foundation of "freedom."
Whether we "respek" it or not as fans, he is free to exercise his rights as a free agent and play basketball where he would like.

If it makes him and his family happier, then thats all that matters.

Does it mean we have to respek him as basketball fans? no... but he doesnt care, nor should he, about our respek.

KD going to GS just mad corny being that he just choked away a 3-1 lead against 'em. Ii thought he would stay in OKC, gotta say I'm shocked twice :rofl:

Should combine this with the Dubs hate thread

In for this bomb *** 30for30 :pimp:

This gon be great. :lol:

30 For 30: The **** boy move

At the end of the day our country is based on the foundation of "freedom."
Whether we "respek" it or not as fans, he is free to exercise his rights as a free agent and play basketball where he would like.

If it makes him and his family happier, then thats all that matters.

Does it mean we have to respek him as basketball fans? no... but he doesnt care, nor should he, about our respek.

View media item 2091394

all time greats is stretching it a little. No matter how you wash it, it's still a bish move, even the gsw fans need to admit that. If he wins, his championship legacy will be the same as Robert Horry. Nobody says he's the reason for his 7 rings.
You're being illogical.

For starters, Robert Horry was never close to an all time great. Durant is already an all time great whether he wins a ring or not. He's too great and transcendent to be looked at as a "robert horry" to whatever ring(s) gsw goes on to win from here on out.

You can try and hate it all you want, but the general pop won't be looking at it that way if he puts up 23 to 24 ppg and GSW goes on to win rings for the simple fact that he's already cemented himself as an all timer. 

Man its a team full of betas. Curry always takes the back seat when klay hot and KD always takes the backseat when russ is russing. Im pretty sure they are gonna play off each other. S/O lebron for leading the way and starting this trend. He wrote the blueprint on how to be hated, then u win and they love u again. They win a ring he's a made man in the state of California and dudes in this thread are gonna be fans again.

Not true. Barkley was traded to phoenix to increase his chances to win a chip, Drexler joined the defending champions Houston.
How you blame LeBron for being the first to do so?
Btw, i still disliked LeBron even after he won his 2nd ring. I had more respect to his accomplishment. I supported him again when he decided to go back to Cleveland.

Last edited:
Not true. Barkley was traded to phoenix to increase his chances to win a chip, Drexler joined the defending champions Houston.
How you blame LeBron for being the first to do so?
When the last time u heard someone say they wanna be like Barkley? Or shoot the ball and say Drexler? Dudes like mj, kobe, lebron influenced most of these dudes in the league. Derozan doesn't shoot tough fade away long 2s because of Clyde. Those dudes set the tone, that's why it's disgusting Bron and cp3 flop because the younger dudes who look up to them will think it's cool.

You're being illogical.

For starters, Robert Horry was never close to an all time great. Durant is already an all time great whether he wins a ring or not. He's too great and transcendent to be looked at as a "robert horry" to whatever ring(s) gsw goes on to win from here on out.

You can try and hate it all you want, but the general pop won't be looking at it that way if he puts up 23 to 24 ppg and GSW goes on to win rings for the simple fact that he's already cemented himself as an all timer. 
kd ain't on the list of all time greats either, he is on the list of pretty damn good. Lots of people throughout NBA history went on similar runs. At least Horry was clutch. It would be different, if gsw didn't have a championship, and adding kd put them over the top. That would be legit. But jumpimg on the gsw bandwagon? They already got a ring, had a stacked team. Bish move still IMHO.

Instead of creating his own legacy, he jumped on someone else's.

Last edited:
Durant signed a contract, never complained or asked out of that contract, fulfilled the contract. I don't see what the issue is, dude is free to move as he pleases.

Durant signed a contract, never complained or asked out of that contract, fulfilled the contract. I don't see what the issue is, dude is free to move as he pleases.
that part is understandable. But for appearances sake, you don't join the team that made you their Bish in the playoffs.

Kd watched that same janky *** finals we watched. He probably felt some type of way about that too.

It's fair to question how this will impact KD's career arc. I thought he could break the all time scoring record, hard to see that now.

solid theory. KD couldve been screwed if he waited on Russell's decision. He sacrificed loyalty for security.

You know, I didn't think about that.

Maybe KD talked to Russ and Russ said he wasn't going to resign.

GSW wasn't matching anything on Barnes though, that's a moot point.

Back
Top Bottom