OFFICIAL LA Clippers (3-0) at Indiana (3-0)

Quote:
So far, the Indiana Pacers and Los Angeles Clippers are doing their best to put disappointing seasons behind them.

The two teams will put their perfect records on the line Wednesday when they square off at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.

Indiana went just 35-47 last season and missed the playoffs for the first time since 1997. This season, however, the Pacers have won their first three games and are off to their best start since opening 4-0 in 2004-05.

"For a lot of us it's about pride," Pacers guard Mike Dunleavy said. "We all felt terrible about the way the season ended. ... This team has a sour taste in its mouth from last year, and I feel like we will keep it with us throughout the season."

Los Angeles, meanwhile, went 40-42 last season and also missed out on the postseason after making their first trip to the playoffs in nine seasons in 2005-06. The Clippers are 3-0 for the second time in three seasons but haven't won their first four games since going 5-0 in 1985-86, their second season in Los Angeles.

The Clippers have dropped three of their last four against the Pacers, but routed them 87-64 on March 3 in Los Angeles. The Pacers have won 13 of the last 14 meetings in Indiana.

Danny Granger has been a big part of Indiana's early surge, averaging 22.7 points and 8.7 rebounds and earning Eastern Conference player of the week honors on Monday. Granger, who has scored at least 20 points in each of Indiana's first three games, is the first Pacers player to win the award since Reggie Miller in April 2005.

Dunleavy, meanwhile, is averaging 22.3 points and a team-high 9.0 rebounds. He had 27 points in Indiana's 121-111 win in Memphis on Saturday. Granger chipped in 23 points for the Pacers, but first-year coach Jim O'Brien sees plenty of room for improvement.

"From a record standpoint, I'm very happy. The object is to win, we've played three games and have three Ws," he told the Pacers' official team Web site. "But in order to be a team that is constantly improving there are areas we have to clean up."

Dunleavy will be facing his father, Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy, for the 16th time. However, the guard sprained his left ankle in practice Monday and will be a game-time decision.

"It's starting to become routine," said the younger Dunleavy, who is 5-10 against his father. "I'm comfortable out there even if he is on the other sideline coaching. At first, it was a little weird but now it's gotten to be a little bit more normal and I can just play a normal game."

Cuttino Mobley scored 33 points in the Clippers' 97-91 win in Chicago on Tuesday, boosting his season average to a team-high 23.7 points. Corey Maggette, who is contributing 20.3 points per game, added 18, 10 rebounds and five assists.

Mobley averaged just 13.8 points last season, his lowest since averaging 9.9 in 49 games for Houston in his rookie season of 1998-99.

"I told the referees the first game, I've told y'all, I'll tell everyone I'm going back to my first five years," said Mobley. "I'm just going back to y old aggressive self. I'm only 32."
:pimp:
pimp.gif

TeamClippers
TEAM SAINTS

We're healthy and we're putting up a lot of points. If the Clippers have a chance tonight, they better put up 100+.

TEAMlateNIGHT
[table][tr][td]>AIM[/td][/tr][/table]​
The Super Bowl XLI Champion Indianapolis Colts & The Indiana Pacers
I demand respect so address me as Mister.​

^We're averaging more points than u guys. 110.7ppg.
2nd in the league.
TeamClippers
TEAM SAINTS

Go clips!!! You guys are doing a lot better then what anybody expected so far. I saw elton brand at the jay concert last night.
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002...

This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

Thats right. Its because of Elgin Baylor getting key free agents in Reuben Paterson and Breven Knight. Those veterans and a hot shooting Mobley and inside presence of Kaman are the reasons the Clips are playing great right now.
ClipperNation
Underestimating the tonacity of the soft spoken is the equivalency of minuting the out come of a bear in a lion's den...​

Damn this team is doing good .. i was watching the game last night waiting for the laker game to start and Thomas was hitting 3 pointers like crazy.. and how many shots did Mobley make in a row? i stoped watching after 9 makes
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS----Team [Scrubs]
See You Are What You Are in this world, thats either 1 or 2 things, your either a somebody, or you a nobody.

^He went 10/10 then missed his next 3..
Tim's playing shooting well but i dont like the fact that after he makes one 3, he shoots like 4 more. :lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
TeamClippers
TEAM SAINTS

O.K. time for our rook(THORNTON) to showcase his skills and help our thoro supporting cast of CAT, SAM I AM, TT, KAVEMAN, ROSS, RUPATT and KNIGHT get this W tonight!!!

TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14​
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Lets go Clip Show! I'm not just happy with the wins, I really like the way the team has been playing -- Hard, smart and unselfish. This is the best I've seen Mobely play on a consistent basis.

I haven's seen the Pacers play this season, so I don't really know what to expect from them.

^^ Granger and Dun Jr are lightin it up so Thornton, RuPatt, Ross and 'Gette have to all try to contain them. Kaman and Davis will have there hands full in the middle with J-O. :wow:
embarassed.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Quote:
^He went 10/10 then missed his next 3..
the season too. One thing's for sure, one team won't be undefeated after tonight.

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
Hes weak Hes unsure of himself Hes a coward.
Clark Kent is Supermans critique on the whole human race.
SARTORIALIST

^u notice Q only got like 3 minutes last night?
I know we won, but i think we need him especiall now that he's showing some range on that jumper.
TeamClippers
TEAM SAINTS

Damn, no Pacers here?

We need to play better D and just hope that Granger can carry us.

JO needs to start putting up his 20 and 10's.

P.S. can I get a Pacers sig?

TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

^^^ I didn't even notice him play til the last second when they left Gordon almost wide open for the 3. He definitely saved that play. They need his defense for tonights game but if Mobley gets a hot hand again, we won't see Q play much tonight. Thornton needs to step up though and claim Brand's place while EB's still injured. Clips got Davis and Kaman playing at the same time because he hasn't shown much since the pre-season.

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
SARTORIALIST

smh.gif
at us drafting korolev over Granger.

but yea, Al had a decent game. It seems to me like he's scared of missing so he doesnt take some shots that he should. Im pretty sure Sam I Am is working on him. Sam's gotta be one of the cockiest(nh) players in the L. :lol:
laugh.gif
TeamClippers
TEAM SAINTS

Who would have thought this. I'll be watching this one for sure.
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
1949 1950 1952 1953 1954 1972 1980 1982 1985 1987 1988 2000 2001 2002

i love how ESPN puts the clippers at 20 wins this season. At this rate we are scheduled to win every game. (wishful thinking)

GO CLIPS...

smh.gif
CAT down
doubtful to return :frown:
frown.gif

and ofcourse, since he got hurt its been a 17-2 run for Indy :smh:
smh.gif
TeamClippers
TEAM SAINTS

Nooooooooooooooooo |I
tired.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Mobley is out? I just got home, what happened to him? Knight is out too, from an injury from Ben Wallace yesterday.

So far Thornton's stepping up though. Kaman needs help guarding JO.

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
SARTORIALIST

Keep Thornton in the game DUMBLEAVY SR!!!!
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14​
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Mobley's out? Yikes.

Anyway, down 3 at half. Could be worse. Hopefully, the rest of the guys will pick up the slack and come through with the W.

Back
Top Bottom