Official: Lakers vs. Celtics 2/18 7:30PM PST Game On TNT HD

Are dudes sentimentally trying to find reasons to be pleased by the result of this game?

Sure we were without Kobe but a W right here was needed. Granted it's not the end of the world but let's not start this "oh Phil will get them right" "They'll be ok" "just do this do that" angle
smh.gif

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

So, basically, it's LA, Denver, Cleveland, and Orlando and waiting to see what Dallas can do?

That's what this game (which I didn't watch yet) tells me.
indifferent.gif

Great games today Bynum played good Gasol made me mad Sasha did good for a second Fisher just sucked on both ends costing us the game but i know come playoff time we will all love him
pimp.gif

You saw why we went out and got Nate. Every single game is the same story: the other team goes on an absurd 20-2 run or something like that and we can't recover. And it's not a great win because Kobe was down, but I still consider it a solid win because I think LAL would be a 6-8 seed permanently without Kobe and it was on the road.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Nah, this was as collective a loss as I've ever seen.

Our last possessions, going backwards:
- Fisher's final shot, which seemed to be more about getting fouled and going to the line and less about actually putting the ball through the net
- baseline play that got screwed up, Pau to Brown
- Brown's stepback jumper
- Pau's soft hook that got rebounded and put through by Lamar
- Fish's 3-on-1 drive to the basket off a Boston turnover

Those final 5 possessions were how we finished the game, and they came with Boston having back-to-back long bricks from Garnett.

indifferent.gif
This. THIS!!

The team as a whole really screwed up. Neither team scored in the last 2 minutes Defense was great, but when youre down you gotta put something in the basket.

I feel
sick.gif
because the game was winnable, but the Lakers played just absolutely dumb on the offensive end.

Fisher
indifferent.gif

PJax needs to come up with a better inbound play. That was just awful
sick.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

lol i cant believe Boston barely won this game .. they should be disgusted.

Exactly right.  It was disgusting to watch the C's in a dogfight with a Kobe-less Lakers team and barely win by 1 point.

Boston struggled with the same problem this game that they do every game: scoring droughts.

That's Doc's fault.  Dude needs to work rotations better. 

Rasheed... get rid of this bum.  It's to the point now where not only is he not producing anything, he's actually hurting the team.

Rondo kept the C's going the whole game with his leadership. 

Good game, LA.  Ron Ron was doing it early and then disappeared.  And Lamar... dude is feeling himself.  Got that Kardashian Power now.
laugh.gif

There is no silver lining in this loss. We had a chance to win, the Celtics were trying their best to give us this game and we still executed horribly down the stretch, and lost the opportunity to gain ground on the Cavs. Kobe wasn't there to bail us out and it showed. The guys looked like chickens with their heads cut off.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

well we know with Kobe we will whoop their #$% haha
Just like last time right?
laugh.gif
#%^@ out of here. Some of you guys are delusional.
i think he means a healthy kobe
Gotcha.

Burns, I agree. I've been saying this, Doc is hurting the team with rotations. Sheed is a MOP and contributes nothing. I totally miss P.J. Brown off the bench. He hustled, boxed out, and made shots when we needed them. Ainge really miscalculated on that one.

lol, that's what i'm saynig NOBLE. That game for Brown was great, but it was against the WARRIORS. NO DEFENSE.

He clearly got handled tonight by the Celtics. Shannon couldn't get anything done and he took some terrible shots especially that last one.

lol @ someone who said he should get traded though, it was one game. Shannon aint no starter, he's only starting because Kobe's out.

Shocked we didn't screw that up in the 4th, mostly thanks to the lakers not getting a good shot after those Garnett bricks. Needed that W.

This is a perfect example of why we are not a championship team without kobe despite what some of the haters say...I'm proud with our effort tonight though

i knew the ball was going to go fish, but i wouldve liked to see odom take the last shot.
smh at gasol playing like @#%$ again down the stretch
good game tho
we didnt take advantage of the fact that the cavs lost today smh

So, basically, it's LA, Denver, Cleveland, and Orlando and waiting to see what Dallas can do?

yea its not even funny. its quite sad. the celtics are done. i would say  if it only happen once in a while but these guys just run out of gas in the second half all the time. i guess thats what happens when you sell your soul to the devil....

whats even more pathetic is the lakers were so intimidated by them and played so stupid they couldnt capitalize.

the cavs, magic, and hawks will have no problem taking these guys out in the playoffs. they are too old and ran out of gas...

no wonder why they got nate. marquis daniels sucks.

props to odom, bynum, and artest...the  only players out there who gave a damn

indifferent.gif

You're right, I didn't take that into consideration.

guys played scared tonight

farmar's airballs.....shannon's disgusting clanks.............pau not wanting to shoot in the clutch and making a horrible pass to shannon.........sasha had some really bad bricks.........fisher's two free throw bricks.........

this team for some reason looked and played scared

we need the mamba back soon.....he gives everyone that cockiness

edit: and when is the last time Fisher made a lay-up in a NBA basketball game????   really

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

well we know with Kobe we will whoop their #$% haha
Just like last time right?
laugh.gif
#%^@ out of here. Some of you guys are delusional.
i think he means a healthy kobe
Gotcha.

Burns, I agree. I've been saying this, Doc is hurting the team with rotations. Sheed is a MOP and contributes nothing. I totally miss P.J. Brown off the bench. He hustled, boxed out, and made shots when we needed them. Ainge really miscalculated on that one.
Sheed won us the Sacramento game, imo. His bad games just look REALLLLLY bad.

It's just funny seeing everyone wanting Kobe back, but before this game everyone was saying Lakers were fine without him.

You guys honestly though Pau and them were going to bail us out in the clutch?

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

guys played scared tonight

farmar's airballs.....shannon's disgusting clanks.............pau not wanting to shoot in the clutch and making a horrible pass to shannon.........sasha had some really bad bricks.........fisher's two free throw bricks.........

this team for some reason looked and played scared

we need the mamba back soon.....he gives everyone that cockiness

edit: and when is the last time Fisher made a lay-up in a NBA basketball game????   really

and we lost by ONE point. We missed a ton of free throws also. Kobe needs to get back ASAP 
Lakers defense 
pimp.gif

Celtics played terrible tonight.....they truly showed how terrible they are at rebounding. But the win feels good.

I just love all the people feenin for Kobe at the last seconds of the game. . .talk about codependency.

holdenmichael:
finnns2003:
holdenmichael:

indifferent.gif

You're right, I didn't take that into consideration
Brilliant.
roll.gif

Don't you just love the wordless stoneface (or
eyes.gif
, or
smh.gif
) responses?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom