Official: Lakers vs. Hornets 2/20 7:30PM PST Game On FSN West HD & ESPN HD

Lakers fans complained for most of the game about fouls not being called, yet your team shot 19 more throws.
laugh.gif

Do the Hornets have 2 of the top 10 clutch players in the league or something? SMH. Lakers still gave the Hornets a chance to win. Refs were terrible on bothends. Exciting game though

Lakers fans complained for most of the game about fouls not being called, yet your team shot 19 more throws. image

Other than Kobe's push and possibly a push by Fish on Paul just before he shot, what calls were missed?

Were there calls that weren't legit? I started watching at the end of the 3rd and outside of Kobe's straight arm, I didn't see a bad call/non-callgo against the Hornets.

I wasn't insinuating that any calls against the Lakers were missed.

For all the complaining that went on about missed calls against the Hornets, you would think they shot 19 more free throws.

Originally Posted by HighRep87

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Laker fans shouldn't be so high on how the Lakers are playing, defense is lacking.

*Note: Not a Laker hater.*
Pretty much and if you watch the majority of Laker games it's a re-occurring theme (it's no wonder so many LA games get televised becausewe can't close out wins which make for good endings). The problem is it seems the team uses these down to the wire wins to boost their confidence.

Laker fans shouldn't be so high on how the Lakers are playing, defense is lacking.

defense has been solid for the last 2 months so we are high
thats how they beat the cavs and celtics
this is the worst defense during that stretch and that utah game

Originally Posted by ro0ts

Originally Posted by HighRep87

Pretty much and if you watch the majority of Laker games it's a re-occurring theme (it's no wonder so many LA games get televised because we can't close out wins which make for good endings). The problem is it seems the team uses these down to the wire wins to boost their confidence.
It's not that, the Lakers have a confidence about them, maybe a sort of arrogance that they can just turn on the defense whenever they want,and maybe unfortunately that has worked this season more often than not which may end up being detrimental down the road. But they are definitely of playingdefense well, see holding Cleveland to 30 pts in the 2nd half a couple weeks ago and the performance against Boston. It's just that when they getlackadaisical more often than not the opposition gets crazy hot and it snowballs into 14-0 type runs where Phil refuses to call timeouts and they just keepdoing the same stupid thing. I think if they change their mentality and etheir focus as we move down the stretch in the season, they'll be fine. And ifthat doesn't work, the Lakers still have by far the best offensive team in the league so hopefully when those points of stupidity rear their heads, we canjust outscore people.

And also kudos to Lamar, avg. 16.3 reb in his last 6 games, absolutely beasting. If Drew is able to come back, Phil better not take LO out of the startinglineup if he's continuing to play this welll.

I have plenty to say about this game, but i'll keep it in our season thread.

gg hornets.

chris paul and creating contact is very irritating, but dudes money nonetheless.

Just got back from the game. For being my first time there it was an awesome experience and an awesome game. the Lake Show sure made it interesting.
When fish made that 3 at the end. WoW! And then kob driving in and one. Cool.

I was in error yesterday when I said a 14 game lead with 28 to play.

It is only an 11 game lead with now 27 to play.

I thought the Hornets had only 30 wins, they have 32. My bad on that.
frown.gif

Good W.

Pretty obvious we are the worst 45-10 team in the league.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom