Official: Lakers vs. Nuggets 2/28 12:30PM PST Game On ABC HD: Vol. WCF Rematch Preview ?

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by yungchamp

Originally Posted by Nash

some fans yall are. lakers got this
laugh.gif

really though, this is a prove a point game for the lakers though and every good champion takes care of these games.

realisticly the lakers don't have to prove a damn thing to denver, their the defending champs. denver played them tough in the regular season last year yet lost 4 of the 6 games that actually mattered.  the nuggets could blow the lakers out by 30 tomorrow but they still haven't proven nothing, if they do it in late may thats different but for now whatever denver does doesn't mean anything.

tomorrows a game where the lakers are going to show why they are the champions and everythings going to be peaches and cream in laker land until the lakers decide to play some half ash ball and lose to a team they shouldn't lose to and everyone goes back to panic mode
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
you cannot be serious right now
laugh.gif
last year the lakers pretty much did what the nuggets are doing to them now...it wasn't until the playoffs where I feel the nuggets closed the gap, and now the nuggets are the better team, defending champs or not....only people that believe the lakers are better are either lakers fans or they work for espn which isn't anything new....oh and btw nuggets by 20.....

laugh.gif
what gap did they close?

only things the nuggets showed in the conference finals last year, is that they suck at closing out games.  see games 1, 3, and entire 4th quarter of game 5
when they win games they act like a bunch of stupid bafoons who never won diddily poo before, see game 4,  and when faced with a must win situation on their home court they tremble like a group of little heartless cowards and quit and lose by 27 points.

thats what you consider a better team? 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

like i said though the lakers could get blown out tomorrow but it wouldn't mean a damn thing.  earl would be gassing up a regular season win on twitter, kenyon would st st st stutter   www wweee aa aree  th  the  bbb b better tt team, but until they do it in the playoffs those regular season wins don't mean nothing.

meh....to answer your question, last year in the regular season the nuggets were swept by the lakers, and in the playoffs before that they were swept again again and again, but last year in the playoffs i feel as though the closed the gap and finally played up to their potential, which led to 2 wins against them in the WCF...its funny that you keep going back to last years playoffs, I mean if you look at last years nuggets they got swept by the lakers last year in the regular season, and if it weren't for those dumb possessions at the end of the game in the WCF the denver nuggets would've beaten the lakers....now lets talk about THIS SEASON.... the nuggets have beaten the lakers twice this season(something they didn't do LAST YEAR)....one of the games being without the NBA's leading scorer(at the time) and the lakers still got blown out and you laker fans still honestly believe you'll have your way with nuggets come playoff time like last year?
indifferent.gif
yeah ok
laugh.gif
if the lakers don't win it this year, at the end of the day according to you it doesn't matter, because their DEFENDING CHAMPS
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

edit: lemme put this up before one of the laker fans does it trying to "ether" me
ohwell.gif

now with that said, nuggets win the game and I'll see you lakers fans come playoff time....

smile.gif

laugh.gif

really though, this is a prove a point game for the lakers though and every good champion takes care of these games.

realisticly the lakers don't have to prove a damn thing to denver, their the defending champs. denver played them tough in the regular season last year yet lost 4 of the 6 games that actually mattered.  the nuggets could blow the lakers out by 30 tomorrow but they still haven't proven nothing, if they do it in late may thats different but for now whatever denver does doesn't mean anything.

tomorrows a game where the lakers are going to show why they are the champions and everythings going to be peaches and cream in laker land until the lakers decide to play some half ash ball and lose to a team they shouldn't lose to and everyone goes back to panic mode
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
last year the lakers pretty much did what the nuggets are doing to them now...it wasn't until the playoffs where I feel the nuggets closed the gap, and now the nuggets are the better team, defending champs or not....only people that believe the lakers are better are either lakers fans or they work for espn which isn't anything new....oh and btw nuggets by 20.....

laugh.gif
what gap did they close?

only things the nuggets showed in the conference finals last year, is that they suck at closing out games.  see games 1, 3, and entire 4th quarter of game 5
when they win games they act like a bunch of stupid bafoons who never won diddily poo before, see game 4,  and when faced with a must win situation on their home court they tremble like a group of little heartless cowards and quit and lose by 27 points.

thats what you consider a better team? 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

like i said though the lakers could get blown out tomorrow but it wouldn't mean a damn thing.  earl would be gassing up a regular season win on twitter, kenyon would st st st stutter   www wweee aa aree  th  the  bbb b better tt team, but until they do it in the playoffs those regular season wins don't mean nothing.

meh....its funny that you keep going back to last years playoffs, I mean if you look at last years nuggets they got swept by the lakers last year in the regular season, and if it weren't for those dumb possessions at the end of the game in the WCF the denver nuggets would've beaten the lakers....now lets talk about THIS SEASON.... the nuggets have beaten the lakers twice this season(something they didn't do LAST YEAR)....one of the games being without the NBA's leading scorer(at the time) and the lakers still got blown out and you laker fans still honestly believe you'll have your way with nuggets come playoff time like last year?
indifferent.gif
yeah ok
laugh.gif
if the lakers don't win it this year, at the end of the day according to you it doesn't matter, because their DEFENDING CHAMPS
smile.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

edit: lemme put this up before one of the laker fans does it trying to "ether" me
ohwell.gif

if the lakers don't win it this year the season is a failure and if the nuggets were to beat them in a 7 game series in may then the nuggets get all the credit in the world and there will be no excuses from me because the nuggets proved they were the better team, but until then they should just shut up and play basketball because theres no point in getting gassed up about a regular season win. they got close last year so their goal should be to go to the next level and their acting like one of those immature teams with a loser mentality getting gassed up off of regular season wins.

when the pistons used to own the bulls, you didn't hear bj armstrong or bill cartwright run their mouths after a regular season win because they knew those wins were confidence boosters but they didn't mean nothing unless they beat the team who elminated them in the playoffs when it counts.

those teams who run their mouth about being the better team when they haven't done nothing yet usually come across as silly and immature.

and to respond to your part about a team blowing another team out,  the knicks beat the 72 win bulls by 30 points that year but lost to them 4-1 in the playoffs. every team gets blown out a few times during a season.

y'all and y'all negativity are killing me
laugh.gif
buncha spoiled dudes wanting the Lakers to go 82-0 and win every game by 20+
laugh.gif
smh.gif

09playoffs_mast_c42.jpg

The Lakers came into Denver for Game 6 and punched their ticket to theNBA Finals with a 119-92 win over the Nuggets on Friday night. KobeBryant powered an attack that shot 57.3% and made 24/24 free throws.

just a reminder to you nuggets fans talking wreckless, and the year before the sweep(though it was a different team)

I PRAY the Lakers see the Nuggets again this coming playoffs, so we can spank ya'll again for 3 years straight
pimp.gif
lol

but onto the game, it should be a good one. Lakers by 11

^^^ i feel where u coming from, but how are they acting lik a immature team with a loser mentality? They're getting gassed up because of regular season wins? You feel this way all because the nuggets feel they are better than the lakers this year? maybe i'm just not understanding you, I mean aren't these the same laker fans that were praising melo and the nuggets not too long ago for beatng the cavs? All i'm saying is the nuggets are what like 7-1 against division leaders this year right? so why not have ah lil swag about yourself damn!
laugh.gif
its funny to me because ah lot of ppl overlook this all the time, ESPN being one of them, which is crazy because i mean its in black and white....and yet no one sees the nuggets coming out of the west? I bet if the lakers, cavs, or hell even the celtics were 7-1 against division leaders espn as well as their fans wouldn't hesitate to mention it every chance they got, but since its the nuggets they don't deserve to boast and brag a lil bit? We're are talking about right now, not last years playoffs, or the last years regular season bro, we're talking about RIGHT NOW! THIS VERY MOMENT! and as of right now the nuggets are a better team than the lakers, do you not realize the nuggets beat the lakers easily without melo and his 30 ppg??????? I understand your loyalty to your squad bro but come on now, lets not act like we don't see whats going on...

^^see what I mean
laugh.gif
LAST YEAR THIS AND SWEEP THE YEAR BEFORE THAT! Why ain't nobody talking about THIS YEAR??????
ohwell.gif
that's all i'm saying....

^^see what I mean
laugh.gif
LAST YEAR THIS AND SWEEP THE YEAR BEFORE THAT! Why ain't nobody talking about THIS YEAR??????
ohwell.gif
because you guys havent done anything this year besides win a couple of regular season games against us..where is that going to take you guys? the finals?

^^see what I mean
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
I'm sure we're all aware that the Nuggets have dominated the Lakers in their 2 games this season so far. So since we're talking about this year, there's really not enough room for us Laker fans to talk back in regards to the last 2 games. Just leave it at that.

^^^ i feel where u coming from, but how are they acting lik a immature team with a loser mentality? They're getting gassed up because of regular season wins? You feel this way all because the nuggets feel they are better than the lakers this year? maybe i'm just not understanding you, I mean aren't these the same laker fans that were praising melo and the nuggets not too long ago for beatng the cavs? All i'm saying is the nuggets are what like 7-1 against division leaders this year right? so why not have ah lil swag about yourself damn!
laugh.gif
its funny to me because ah lot of ppl overlook this all the time, ESPN being one of them, which is crazy because i mean its in black and white....and yet no one sees the nuggets coming out of the west? I bet if the lakers, cavs, or hell even the celtics were 7-1 against division leaders espn as well as their fans wouldn't hesitate to mention it every chance they got, but since its the nuggets they don't deserve to boast and brag a lil bit? We're are talking about right now, not last years playoffs, or the last years regular season bro, we're talking about RIGHT NOW! THIS VERY MOMENT! and as of right now the nuggets are a better team than the lakers, do you not realize the nuggets beat the lakers easily without melo and his 30 ppg??????? I understand your loyalty to your squad bro but come on now, lets not act like we don't see whats going on...

their playing good, but them running your mouths when you haven't won yet to me isn't smart.  i know its a different era but to me the nuggets should let their play do the talking for them.  its mainly just earl and kenyon who have ran their mouths from what i can recall. their looking real good right now beating good teams and ill give them credit for that but if they go back to the playoffs and lose again then all the trash talking during the season was for nothing.

i truely don't think their the better team as of now though. yes the nuggets looked good in both games but they play 4 times this season and the lakers could just as easily take the next 2 against denver.  we'll see what happens tomorrow tho

if its in LA, DEN wins
if its in DEN, DEN wins
if its at the Rucker, DEN wins
if its in a boxing ring , DEN definetly wins

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

if its in LA, DEN wins
if its in DEN, DEN wins
if its at the Rucker, DEN wins
if its in a boxing ring , DEN definetly wins

Well if thats the case then CLE don't want no parts of Charlotte in the playoffs.

Lakers EASY by 10 plus.

Ain't nobody even being serious, it's just funny that the champs getting wrote of by two fanbases that ain't ever won nothing. I didn't hear any type of talk like this about Boston last year even when they were struggling somewhat. Oh well, we might as well skip the rest of the season and go straight to the Cavs/Nuggets Finals cause they clearly are the two best teams in the league right now
eyes.gif
. But really nothing would satisfy me more that to see the smack being layed down on the chicken Nuggets tomorrow, even though Melo is my boy.

the way the lakers have played this year i will NEVER say they are gonna beat a team easily or that they will blow um out cuz we have witnessed a lazy, sloppy, brainless team this year.

The lakers have played terrible against the top teams in the nba this year.

I know one thing is for sure. Derek fisher is gonna get TORCHED by whoever he guards.

Does that make me any less than a fan?? NO. I am being realistic unlike people who say the nuggets are gonna get blown out.

if the lakers beat the nuggets tomorrow by atleast 15 i will not post in a laker game thread for a month.

call it negativity. i call it being realistic and not a blind homer.....you know those same homers we laker fans like to make fun of??

this is the nba teams get blown out make necessary adjustments and then blow that same team out who spanked them.

its happened time and time again.

the lakers are getting written off and being labeled as sloppy and brainless, yes they have played that way at times but from following the lakers for 17 years now i've gotten used to them losing games they shouldn't in the regular season due to those reasons but winning when they need to. to their credit though i coulda swore they won in portland, and utah, and beat the spurs without kobe

if the lakers blow denver out i wouldn't be suprised ill put it like that, same if denver gets the win i won't be to suprised but we'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

the way the lakers have played this year i will NEVER say they are gonna beat a team easily or that they will blow um out cuz we have witnessed a lazy, sloppy, brainless team this year.

The lakers have played terrible against the top teams in the nba this year.

I know one thing is for sure. Derek fisher is gonna get TORCHED by whoever he guards.

Does that make me any less than a fan?? NO. I am being realistic unlike people who say the nuggets are gonna get blown out.

if the lakers beat the nuggets tomorrow by atleast 15 i will not post in a laker game thread for a month.

call it negativity. i call it being realistic and not a blind homer.....you know those same homers we laker fans like to make fun of??

Please win by 15 guys 
tongue.gif

this is the nba teams get blown out make necessary adjustments and then blow that same team out who spanked them.

the lakers are getting written off and being labeled as sloppy and brainless, yes they have played that way at times but from following the lakers for 17 years now i've gotten used to them losing games they shouldn't in the regular season due to those reasons but winning when they need to. to their credit though i coulda swore they won in portland, and utah, and beat the spurs without kobe

if the lakers blow denver out i wouldn't be suprised ill put it like that, same if denver gets the win i won't be to suprised but we'll see what happens.

Written off by who fam?
laugh.gif
according to espn you guys are a deadlock for the nba finals....if anybody is being written off its the team you play tomorrow....
eyes.gif

Written off by who fam?
laugh.gif
according to espn you guys are a deadlock for the nba finals....if anybody is being written off its the team you play tomorrow....
eyes.gif
ESPN tho? Really? Any real sports fan would know that ESPN ain't nothing but BSPN.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...Is that you Earl Smith?
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
  Is that you ESPN??? 

--I said it earlier and I'll say it again...Denver got this. Cuz theres barely anything at stake in this game. Barely.
--When the time comes and they will mentally be forced to try and beat LA 4 out of 7...they will fold up. Again.

Why people making excuses for LA? Just because this isn't a playoff game they're not supposed to play hard? If I was the Lakers I'd be trying to win every game I could to potentially get the NBA's best record cuz if they meet the Cavs in the Finals without homecourt it's a wrap. Like is a team really not supposed to go out every night and try their hardest to win? Are we all just watching them on TV and paying to see them in person to see them all play half-assed just because it isn't the playoffs yet? I mean I agree that the Lakers will prob pick it up when it counts due to a sense of urgency but it seems to just give them a free pass for losing to teams they should be beating is a cop out. The Cavs have the best record in the league, you don't see them letting off the gas pedal. The Nuggets aren't the trailblazers or some team that just happen to always get the best of us. They're a team contending for a title. Idk, I just think it's dumb to keep living up in the clouds and seeing everyone else as small threats to be disposed of when the time comes. I'm just not comfortable saying that these losses to good teams don't mean much and having faith that we'll be able to beat them when the time comes.

^
--I dont think anyones making "excuses" for the Lakers.
--Its just a game in the playoffs has a higher degree of magnigtude than the regular season. Thats pretty much the ONLY point that has spread across this board.
--We all know how the Lakers roll. Turn it on and they are deadly. Denver knows in the back of their heads they will be like dogs with their tails in between their legs in mid to late May.

Back
Top Bottom