Official Le$ (Steak x Shrimp) Thread

Nah, his last album had some good cuts on it. But there were also a handful of songs I never want to hear again. Can't call it trash, but it was definitely average as hell overall.

That's why projects like Midnight Club are dope to me--they're short and leave no room for filler. Not to mention there's something to be said about using the same producer for an entire project. This joint reminds me of his early days with Rogers.

Nah, his last album had some good cuts on it. But there were also a handful of songs I never want to hear again. Can't call it trash, but it was definitely average as hell overall.

That's why projects like Midnight Club are dope to me--they're short and leave no room for filler. Not to mention there's something to be said about using the same producer for an entire project. This joint reminds me of his early days with Rogers.

All of this :lol: There were maybe 3 standout tracks on the last one and the rest just forgettable stuff. Looking forward to this one though

He kind of followed the gibbs blueprint. No filler just straight raw.

One tape that i like but never listen to is the one where all the tracks are sectioned into "gears"

Couldnt skip tracks only could fastfoward. Wasnt feeling that even tho there was some heat.

This midnight club been on repeat since it dropped tho. Bimmers and jeeps the only trash song.

was it tension between them...? feel like people dont discuss his fall outs as much as other rappers...like where the hell is trademark fiend all them fools...
Fiend is still JL. Him and CBP dropped Summer League earlier this month. Cool is in Session 2 otw.

Trademark moved to ATL. Some mag interviewed him and Roddy. I believe the split was amicable. Spitta even promoted their joint album after they left.

Street Wiz aint rappin full time from what it seems. Dude was featured on W&I I think bc they randomly bumped into each other.

JL gives you exposure. Spitta shadow too big to really shine in but you should get some solid contacts while affiliated to do your own thing. Fiend and P found their niche but dudes been with the set for YEARS

Last edited:
SPEEDING & DREAMIN are pure [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] his last album was kind of weak but he came back solid with this one....

This album suprised me.He kept the old-school formula on it.Just make music that represents your region.But keep the sound updated.Its what made me love albums from the East,South,West,MidWest in the 90,s.Every artist isnt suppose to be signed to a major.I think L.E.S went through a fase.That fase can ruin a rappers career.Its what ruined Vados moment after he signed with Khaled.Trying to make music for your label.Instead of keeping the formula that got them to where there at.

If Vado keeps Araabmuzik production after splitting with Camron.Then he wouldve been on Dave East level right now.I love rappers who arent signed to majors.Especially if there talented.Age doesnt matter to me.Hell i love Jeezy and 2Chainz and Gucci and Slim Thug.They range from late 30,s to early/mid 40,s.But they dont change there sound up trying to get new fans.Plus they a have loyal fan base who appreciate.Its nothing wrong with being independent.Just make sure that your music quality and not watered down.

And you can make a good living out here off of it.Getting is signed to major right now is not a good idea right now.Thats if youve built up a fan base before the offers.Your basically getting a loan from company.Just to get jerked in the long run.Why would a rapper di that in the internet era.Your doing shows/merch independent.Just to sign to some people who are going to have there hands in your pockets.Plus your signing over your publishing (which came from your brain).

This is why i look at artist like Drake,Chief Keef,Kodak Black,A Boogi.What most people dont understand.Is that this is the time for artist to change the game.The labels dont make the artist.There piggy bakin off of the independent success the rapper has built from the jump.Why would i look for a pimp.When i can pimp myself.Labels cant take or give away the talent thats inside of you.Thats why like artist Dave East (he is with a major now),Freddy G,L.E.S,plus the artist i named up top.

I forgot to mention Currensey.His independent run was/is crazy.Its just something i like about watching an artist have success thats based off of pure talent and good beats/production selection.Rather than having a a huge machine behind them.Where as tge success is suppose to be given.Just because of the financial backing.Its nothing wrong with being on a major.Youngsters out here need to know.That if you practice your craft.You can be success in the industry.And make a living out here.You might not be all on T.V. or in Magazines 24/7.But you can live debt free out here.If you make the right moves.

Who did they sample for the Top Down (Hook)?Is it Big Pokey or Big H.A.W.K or Fat Pat?I know its one of them.But who is it?Does anyone on here know?

IMG_2685.JPG

"Summer Madness" - 8/31

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/summer-madness/id1272425349

got damn this guy doesn't stop working :pimp:

still have to listen to his latest project

My iTunes trippin right now...won't let me buy Summer Madness
but I previewed the tracks and this **** is HARD :sick::sick::pimp::pimp:
Can't wait to cop

Thought this was gonna sound like olde English. Glad it don't sound like that weak *** weird album. Summer madness is straight Fire. No radio and unplugged got deleted with the quickness.

This a smooth tape to flip to.

Back
Top Bottom