OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

No Gallo tonight. Even when they announced last night that x-rays on his hand were negative, I was still doubtful about him playing today because, well, he’s Gallo...
m

I don't think he plays again this season. Serious.

Ty Wallace is an NBA player and we need to lock him up while he's cheap.

^^^ Yep. And I’ve also watched the last few Pistons games....ehhh. I think we might have got the better end of the deal with just Tobias and the pick. Bradley is just icing. Sorry, BG.

On another note, ain’t no team trying to give us any help making the playoff. Jeez. Game coming up against Denver is huge.

^^^ Yep. And I’ve also watched the last few Pistons games....ehhh. I think we might have got the better end of the deal with just Tobias and the pick. Bradley is just icing. Sorry, BG.

On another note, ain’t no team trying to give us any help making the playoff. Jeez. Game coming up against Denver is huge.

If the Clips continue playing the way they're playing they will make the playoffs IMO. I'm an optimistic guy and I've been blown away with how this team has looked recently. 24 games left, and if they handle their business, they'll give themselves a GREAT shot.

I still don't think we'll make it, and I've been on that wave all season in here, but I'm less confident in that prediction than I was a few weeks ago.

Austin, Tobias, Montrezl, Milos, (When he's not playing drunk) Lou, DJ, Gallo, Ty Wallace, Avery Bradley, like the Clippers are probably the deepest team in the league and thats why I'm not that confident in saying they won't make the playoffs

Imagine still thinking a steph curry level shooter is in the nba or getting bump because of his dad. Imagine.

Reactions: HIM
Can we take a moment to finally end the notion that players regress when joining the Clippers under Doc?

Trez and Lou are having the best seasons of their careers.

Guys like Ty Walla$ign (I'm trying to make that nickname happen), CJ Williams, Jamil have all hooped with us

Can we take a moment to finally end the notion that players regress when joining the Clippers under Doc?

Trez and Lou are having the best seasons of their careers.

Guys like Ty Walla$ign (I'm trying to make that nickname happen), CJ Williams, Jamil have all hooped with us

****** don't wanna hear it bro. And if you take away the nepotism angle, Austin went from a G league level player to a rotation player under him.

DJ became an all star and olympian and CP has had like 3 of his best seasons under doc.

****** just be talking man

^^^ JJ also had career years in LA.

Getting the best out of the starters and 6th man has never really been an issue with Doc, it’s the 8th men down that have been problematic prior to this year. But in a lot of cases, the guys that “regressed” with the Clippers, we probably had too high expectations of it the first place.

Sucks that it happened, but the Jimmy Buckets injury makes the playoff race in the West more interesting. Honestly think seeds 3-8 will come down to the last week of the season. We’ll be in the mix until the end.

Got my eye on the Pelicans. AD is really a one-man-show right now and playing heavy minutes. Don’t know if that’s sustainable for 25 more games. We’ll see though. He’s a beast for sure.

Damn
Pelicans are coming up with some big wins man damnit

AD is just ****ing silly right now. Think he’s averaging close to 40 in February. Granted, they haven’t played a lot of great teams, but still...

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Blake is playing so bad right now I feel sorry for him. Yikes.

I ...like this deal?

As this thread has showed, I’ve wavered on BG and as the season has progressed, I’ve been meh on BG. He’s obviously really really good, but I personally hoped Blake would become a surefire too 7 player this year which he’s not close to.

IMO it’s clear as day he’s best suited as a #2 option and you just don’t pay that much bread to a 22ppg player on a 6-9 seed which is what we probably would have been for the duration of his contract. We get off of his deal, get maybe two potential lotto picks, and free up a ton of cap space maybe more in the coming days / weeks.

As a fan that sucks but the long view of this deal makes total sense. We paid BG to be our KD, our Steph, our harden and he’s not close to that.

♂️♂️♂️

Can’t say I thought BG would be this bad for Detroit, but it was a fantastic trade for LAC from jump and I credit LAC’s new FO for having the balls to do this deal when they did. No way doc would have pulled the trigger on a trade like this.

>>>Blake’s biggest problem is between his ears, IMO. He just doesn’t have a high enough level of inner confidence/swag to be other than a very good, but not great, player. He thinks/doubts himself too much when he’s on the court. And at this point in his career, he’s not getting over it. So, much as I like the guy, glad it’s not our problem anymore.

I disagree bro. Not totally, because you can clearly see at times that he struggles with his confidence. But There are also physical limitations to his game that don't allow him to be "the guy" that he was pegged to be.

Like, BG with burst and lift? Superstar level player. BG w/o it? Above average to good. The difference is so stark because even at his peak he wasn't fluid at all with his skill. He was and is a skilled basketball player, but he was never fluid. His all world athleticism though overrode that. Now that that's gone, the emphasis on his skill level and fluidity is magnified and as a result you see the guy in Detroit. His TS% is barelyyy at 50%, :smile:sick:smile: which is awful and that to me screams of something physically awry.

Gallo a no go today. **** !!!

Paul Milsap gametime Decision. **** !!

Man I wanna win tonight so bad :lol:

I disagree bro. Not totally, because you can clearly see at times that he struggles with his confidence. But There are also physical limitations to his game that don't allow him to be "the guy" that he was pegged to be.

Like, BG with burst and lift? Superstar level player. BG w/o it? Above average to good. The difference is so stark because even at his peak he wasn't fluid at all with his skill. He was and is a skilled basketball player, but he was never fluid. His all world athleticism though overrode that. Now that that's gone, the emphasis on his skill level and fluidity is magnified and as a result you see the guy in Detroit. His TS% is barelyyy at 50%, :smile:sick:smile: which is awful and that to me screams of something physically awry.

I don’t disagree. The fact that he’s lost some athleticism doesn’t help him. But I think he’s developed enough in the way of skills - shooting, ball handling, passing — to still be an upper echelon player even at his current level of athleticism. That’s why I think it’s his mind that’s the biggest factor holding him back. But at the end of the day, it’s all interrelated, so it kind of doesn’t matter what’s a cause and what’s a symptom. Whatever the reasons, he’s not as good as the contract he got from the Clippers, so its good the Clippers moved it...

God, I love this team.

Even if we go on to lose. What a damn comeback. We gotta lock up Ty Wall$ign NOW. Kid is a hooper.

WHY THE F*** RUN A PLAY FOR YOUR GODDAMN SON WHO CAN'T SHOOT A FREE THROW TO SAVE HIS LIFE?????!!!!!????!!!!????

and then this dude Austin talks after a lucky defense that saves the game he almost f's up?

:smh:

This is one of my favorite Clippers wins ever. The magnitude of the game and the Boban factor...

That's a wild win man, that game was over. COTY doc rivers pushing all the right buttons again. This is my favorite Clipper team ever.

If I told you a year ago that the Clips would be in the playoffs this year w/o Blake Griffin and Chris Paul on the team, what would you say? I mean that's incredible when you think about it and really is a reflection of just how far the franchise has come. The fact that it can sustain itself even when their stars get traded or leave suggest that the franchise is now starting to become bigger than the players that play for it and that means a ton moving forward. Yeah it's cool if we make the playoffs this season but in the bigger picture, you're starting to see the makings of a real, sufficient, NBA franchise and that's awesome.

^^^ I know Denver isn’t very good defensively, but it’s still crazy to me we put up 122 without Gallo and with Tobias scoring in single digits.

Back
Top Bottom