OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

lawdog1 lawdog1 HIM HIM what y'all think?

Are we sure Trez can't be a starter? I don't think he's ever started as a Clipper. With how dire the center and staring lineup overall is, I'd give it a hard look.

Obviously, you lose something off the bench w/him starting, but starters end up playing more minutes than bench guys on most occasions. Thus, the Clips would be getting more Trez at the 5 minutes, something this team desperately needs.

Trez getting starters minutes = less center minutes for Gortat/Boban/Gallo etc.

The starters aren't just losing 1st quarters, they're getting blown off the court. Hence why a simple Pat for AB swap wouldn't be the only thing I'd look at.

100% worth a shot. If doc trusts him enough to close games with him, why not start him? He’s clearly better than Gortat and boban. Boban should be the first big off the bench unless proven to be mismatched by the opposition. We gdef gotta move one of AB or Bev.

100% worth a shot. If doc trusts him enough to close games with him, why not start him? He’s clearly better than Gortat and boban. Boban should be the first big off the bench unless proven to be mismatched by the opposition. We gdef gotta move one of AB or Bev.

Pat Bev had a nice game tonight. At least w/Pat he's proven to be a good shooter, and solid ball mover. I'd replace AB w/Bev and not even think twice.

W/Trez, I just think that the disparity between Trez and the other centers on the team is so great, that you need to find a way to play Trez 32 minutes a night to limit the non trez center minutes and the only way to do that is to start him. If you're trying to win it's absolutely worth a shot I think.

^^^ At this point, Doc can start Ty Wallace at C for all I care; as long as he makes some kind of change to the starting line-up...

Normally I don’t like when there’s two full days between our games, but I’m totally cool with it this week. We need it. Really hope Doc brings up Motley for a look soon.

It’s weird to say because we still have a better record than we did at this point last season, but it seems like Doc isn’t doing as good a job finding the right line-up combos/experimenting with rotations.

Not having Lou also hurts. A lot.

This is why I want a new coach that has never been an NBA coach before. I want a dude under 50 years old. Same way the Rams got McVay and he had none of that bs ols school mentality.

Take a chance on someone. I wanna see someone who has no issues trying several combos until one works. And then trying new ones when that one stops working.

On a side note. How good is SGA? Love that kid :pimp:

Lol Doc trolling w/this Avery Bradley nonsense. Coaches can be so stubborn man.

It would be one thing if he really was out there locking guys up, but he’s not even doing that. He’s been getting absolutely cooked on D the last few games. SMDH.

Why the hell does our game start at 2:00 PM on Saturday? I don’t like these weird start time games.

Reactions: HIM
Feels weird having a squad that goes into the bay and aren't scared. Legit wild to see. What a game. Team starting to look like the team that started 15-6.

Man, the Lob City group used to play scared against the Warriors even at Staples. They’d sometimes start out competitive, but there would inevitably come a stretch when GSW would hit a few shots in a row and we’d crumple up like used paper towels. Not the new group.

Honestly, last night when KD immediately followed Steph’s 4 point play with a three of his own and we went down 9, thought they’d run away with it from there. Nope. This squad is tough.

Also, one last thing about yeterday’s game - on the last play, Ralph said during the broadcast that we had a foul to give, but I don’t think we did. There was a graphic indicating that GSW already was in the bonus. So, I don’t think taking a foul on Steph was an option. But I could be wrong.

I was watching the game without volume but seeing Lou shoot those FTs while not being able to open his left eye was disturbing. I’m guessing it wasn’t that serious since he never went back to the lockerroom though

^^^ It was disturbing. He literally used his hand to open his eye wide enough to see out of.

Hope he’s ok.

Clips sneak into the top 4 by AS break, Tobias and Gallo have to be all stars, right? (If this continues and both stay healthy of course)

I mean Gallo has been out of this world good this year. I said it before, but watching him this year, makes you realize that last year's team won 40 games w/THAT GUY missing 63(!!) games.

Even in the 21 games that he did play, he looks nothing like the guy that's been on the floor this season.

Clips sneak into the top 4 by AS break, Tobias and Gallo have to be all stars, right? (If this continues and both stay healthy of course)

I mean Gallo has been out of this world good this year. I said it before, but watching him this year, makes you realize that last year's team won 40 games w/THAT GUY missing 63(!!) games.

Even in the 21 games that he did play, he looks nothing like the guy that's been on the floor this season.

Hot take: Gallo’s been better than Tobias

Not even that much of a hot take tbt Higher PER, higher TS%, higher effective field goal percentage, he has been better if we’re keeping it a buck

Overall better defensively too. Gallo’s our best front-Court defender.

No way I would of thought the Clips would be in the 4th seed through the New Year. Wow. :pimp: :pimp:

I'm almost sold on us making the playoffs. The Clips have a solid starting 5 w/ SGA, Tobias, Gallo...and they have arguably the best bench in basketball. Have the makings of a playoff team.

No let up, San Antonio tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom