OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Welp. About what I expected tonight, TBH.

No slip ups against the trash Pistons.

We're essentially at the halfway point, and I'm still not sure if we're going to make the playoffs.

Like last year, we're a terrible defensive team. Which makes sense, all of our best defenders are small and we have one playable footer (Gortat). So if you aren't going to be able to defend, then there's no reason to be playing Gortat and Bradley together as starters. Bradley's playing 30 minutes a night, more than Lou, SGA, Pat, Jerome.

I said start Montrezl a couple pages back, and I'm still on that kick. No matter how potent your bench is, there's a cap on it because they can't play starters minutes from the bench 9 times out of 10.

I say that to say, the Clips just can't beat good teams with this roster without Montrezl and Lou Williams not playing 30+ minutes.

We're essentially at the halfway point, and I'm still not sure if we're going to make the playoffs.

I get where you're coming from, as we definitely have some fairly glaring flaws as a team. At the same time, looking at the standings, its hard for me to envision us losing enough a few teams currently below us winning enough for us to get completely knocked out of the playoff picture. Based on the way the season has been going, I just don't see Utah, Minny or the Pels getting super hot in the second half of the season. But who knows.

I get where you're coming from, as we definitely have some fairly glaring flaws as a team. At the same time, looking at the standings, its hard for me to envision us losing enough a few teams currently below us winning enough for us to get completely knocked out of the playoff picture. Based on the way the season has been going, I just don't see Utah, Minny or the Pels getting super hot in the second half of the season. But who knows.

I feel that. I'm skeptical because the Clips are not as good as our record suggest, and although our schedule is relatively easy from here on out, Clips aren't playing like a playoff team right now, and haven't for awhile.

The Clips have been a bottom 10 team in overall net rating since December 1st. That's hawks, Cavs, Knicks territory. On a macrolevel, they're trending in the wrong direction.

Just hard to figure out if the Clips are actually good or not and right now, they aren't. If I had to bet on it though, I'd agree with you that ultimately they'll find a way to get into the top 8 but I guess my point is that it's farrrr from a foregone conclusion.

I honestly don’t care if we make the playoffs or not since I think we’re probably a first round out regardless of who we play due to our defense and rebounding problems. I just need us to look good enough all season to look like we’re an all-star away from being really, really good...and beat the Lakers a couple more times :wink:

We didn’t play that well and I guess I’m happy for Blake, but we got kind of screwed in the 4th quarter. There were 2 very clear fouls against Lou that did not get called.

They can't defend or protect the rim which puts immense pressure on...

Montrezl, Lou, Tobias, Gallo...I mean those are good players, but they aren't good enough to net you wins despite being the worst defense in the NBA. Point blank.

^^^ Yeah. The defense and defensive rebounding is a abysmal. P C H P C H - think you might be right about us missing the playoffs. Can’t remember we beat a decent team that was fully healthy.

Any rumors about us looking at making any personnel moves this season? Trying to bring in someone who can rebound, maybe?

I haven’t heard anything, but I’m on a Twitter hiatus right now. That said, my sense is that the FO is probably content just standing pat since this season really is just about getting to the Summer with cap flexibility.

Any rumors about us looking at making any personnel moves this season? Trying to bring in someone who can rebound, maybe?

I haven’t heard anything, but I’m on a Twitter hiatus right now. That said, my sense is that the FO is probably content just standing pat since this season really is just about getting to the Summer with cap flexibility.

Not sure that the FO cares about the playoffs as much as one may think. They may be totally fine allowing the fade to fully hit, and keeping their lotto pick.

^^^ Right. I had forgotten that we lose our 1st pick if we make the playoffs.

**** it, let’s not make it then. Stay in contention until like the last week, then get passed by someone and keep our draft pick. That would be ideal.

Honestly, P C H P C H - I blame this on you. Kept talking about us not being good and you willed it into existence.

Honestly, P C H P C H - I blame this on you. Kept talking about us not being good and you willed it into existence.

:lol: :lol: clips went 15-6 and a ton of those wins were fluky due to injury/suspension/randomness

But really it’s the defense. As the defense has plummeted so have we. There are maybe 3 teams in the league rn who are as bad as us on that end

We’ve completely lost all confidence/swag. Team just doesn’t look like they believe in themselves anymore.

Honestly, I might stop watching the games.

^^^ You would think there was some kind of trade market for the “best perimeter defender in the NBA” (according to Doc), but I seriously doubt there is...

W/the Clips 9th in the west rn, and LAC rumored to be active heading into the deadline, it'll be interesting to see what LAC does (if anything) going into the deadline.

Do they lean into the fade, try and keep their lotto pick, play Motley, SGA, Jerome, etc.

or

are they hell bent on making the playoffs?

Back
Top Bottom