OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Excuse me?

Seriously. I don’t like that idea much.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Krispy. But I’d like to be sure that he can, you know, still play before I’ve give up any kind of assets to get him.

Seriously. I don’t like that idea much.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Krispy. But I’d like to be sure that he can, you know, still play before I’ve give up any kind of assets to get him.

Thank god we didn't

Really don’t know what to expect from this squad anymore. Thought we were dead in the water a couple weeks ago and they go 3-1 on a road trip. I’m leaning toward this trip being a disaster, but maybe they’ll surprise me again.

I’m not blaming Doc for this season...but I’m just ready for a new coach...

Never lost hope this game :pimp:

Me neither :D - seriously though, I knew the Piston’s hot shooting at the start wasn’t sustainable, I just didn’t know if we could score enough points to make up the gap, especially with Tobias not right.

Our Lord and Savior Louis Williams game through.

^^^ Are you referring to the Raptors game (which I knew we would lose)? Or did something else happen?

Clips active at the deadline, wonder what will become of it

And as I say this, Lowe on the Lowe post pod mentioned how prevalent last week the rumors of Clips / Celtics being involved in HIM HIM 's favorite player Kyrie deal were

Said this in the thread before, but the Clips obviously want KD.

But they're in love w/ Jimmy/Kawhi/Kyrie.

Regardless, they're being incredibly active right now.

Last edited:
And as I say this, Lowe on the Lowe post pod mentioned how prevalent last week the rumors of Clips / Celtics being involved in HIM HIM 's favorite player Kyrie deal were

Said this in the thread before, but the Clips obviously want KD.

But they're in love w/ Jimmy/Kawhi/Kyrie.

Regardless, they're being incredibly active right now.

I don’t even think Kyrie is bad. But we tried the whole Elite PG thing. If CP3 couldn’t do it, I don’t want a lesser PG. Give me an elite SG or SF. Something we’ve never had, and almost every champtionship team had always had.

I don’t even think Kyrie is bad. But we tried the whole Elite PG thing. If CP3 couldn’t do it, I don’t want a lesser PG. Give me an elite SG or SF. Something we’ve never had, and almost every champtionship team had always had.

On that note, I can't disagree there. If we're trying to actually win a chip, he can't be A.

I do think if you were to pair him w/like a KD or Kawhi or something, I'd be down for it.

Lowe also mentioned how the Clippers could get something really good for Tobias, could get a good first round pick for Lou, and that teams have called the Clips about Tobias Harris.

I was in the groupchat w/the homies about Tobias, and I said that I think there's like a 50% chance Tobias gets traded by the deadline, even higher if the Clips had solid intel about their chances this summer.

Oh, if we get Kd/Kawhi I‘d take Kyrie. But I would rather get them first and go after Kyrie second.

Remember when we signed Baron Davis first, in hopes of getting Elton Brand to re-sign? Kyrie is better than Baron davis, but we would be stuck at 40 wins every year if he’s all we end up with

-edit-

dodged that bullet

Last edited:
Is making the playoffs worth it for the Clippers? Losing your lotto pick, and losing out on a chance to get assets for guys like Pat Bev, Lou Williams especially.

That's the question going around w/the Clips and that's why people are inquiring about Tobias, people aren't sold on LAC wanting to make the playoffs 100%

Is making the playoffs worth it for the Clippers? Losing your lotto pick, and losing out on a chance to get assets for guys like Pat Bev, Lou Williams especially.

That's the question going around w/the Clips and that's why people are inquiring about Tobias, people aren't sold on LAC wanting to make the playoffs 100%

You know I’ve been questioning if making the playoffs is worth it. If the ultimate goal really is to add two marquee FAs in the Summer, then I don’t see how making the playoffs matters that much since the roster would be completely different next year anyway - assuming we succeed in what we want to do.

If we were talking about selling one guy on joining this existing group, it would be different. But that doesn’t seem like the direction the team wants to go.

You know I’ve been questioning if making the playoffs is worth it. If the ultimate goal really is to add two marquee FAs in the Summer, then I don’t see how making the playoffs matters that much since the roster would be completely different next year anyway - assuming we succeed in what we want to do.

If we were talking about selling one guy on joining this existing group, it would be different. But that doesn’t seem like the direction the team wants to go.

Also, Lawrence and the front office have preached rather loudly about their desires to be a chip contender and a world class organization.

They do not care about the 8th seed. If the Clips were in 6th or 5th right now this convo would be different. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers embraced the 'tank' and sell off by the deadline, especially if we're on AD's list of teams.

If We're on AD's list, we have to do everything we can to make it happen.

Pairing AD w/a kawhi/KD/Kyrie got me excited lol

I don’t think it’s up to us anymore whether we make the playoffs. I think we just don’t make it. Bron and them are for shre passing us. That’s the GOAT. It’ll be whether another tram slumps and falls behind us

I still am heavily against tanking to miss the playoffs. You wouldn’t want Shai, Jerome, Tobias (if we keep him) etc. to get some playoff experience? I think shai getting 5/6 playoff games under his belt this season will help A LOT. Maybe I’m a fool but I am a believer in postseason experience improving players.

I don’t think it’s up to us anymore whether we make the playoffs. I think we just don’t make it. Bron and them are for shre passing us. That’s the GOAT. It’ll be whether another tram slumps and falls behind us

I still am heavily against tanking to miss the playoffs. You wouldn’t want Shai, Jerome, Tobias (if we keep him) etc. to get some playoff experience? I think shai getting 5/6 playoff games under his belt this season will help A LOT. Maybe I’m a fool but I am a believer in postseason experience improving players.

I believe that it's a good look that a team projected to win 35 games beats LAL out for a playoff spot. For our player, our franchise, it would be a fantastic look heading into Free Agency.

That being said, if teams are giving you a good first for Lou, or a goood first plus value for Tobias would you turn it down?

I'd hate to be the Front Office right now. It's not an easy decision.

Back
Top Bottom