OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

I heard Don McClean on the radio yesterday and he said he still thinks the team’s goal is to make the playoffs. That makes sense since they kept Gallo, Bev and Lou. Plus, the guys they added in Chandler, Temple and Zubac are capable players. So, we’ll see what happens. Honestly, I like where we’re at whether we make the playoffs or not.

Said it in the NBA thread. The team didn't sell off all of the vets and HIM HIM was right. The Tobias deal was not a "We're leaning into the fade and missing the playoffs but more so" "We're not signing Tobias Harris in the offseason, let's see if we can get some good stuff for him" and boy did they ever w/shamet, and picks.

I also don't think the casuals realize how much of an upgrade Zubac is over Gortat. Throwing Shamet and Zu into the rotation in place of guys like Avery and Gortat make the team better and w/Galinari still here, he kind of just replaces what Tobias did for the Clippers, more or less.

50 / 50 on whether they get in the playoffs, but the Clips not selling on pat, Lou, gallo, was a clear sign that this is still a good team and playoff contender.

They said on the broadcast that, after the Sixers trade went down, Doc called JJ to get some info about Chamet. Apparently, JJ raves about him and said Chamet is as good a shooter as him...very nice pick up.

They said on the broadcast that, after the Sixers trade went down, Doc called JJ to get some info about Chamet. Apparently, JJ raves about him and said Chamet is as good a shooter as him...very nice pick up.

Didn’t JJ supposedly hate his time with the Clippers and/or Doc? Gotta love the media :lol:

Any chance we can keep Zubac on the low? Imo the key to building a championship team is having at least one (usually two) player on a ridiculously team-friendly deal. If we can sign him for cheap and have him become a top 10 center. Pair that with the two supposed superstars we sign. We’re cooking with grease.

Zubac has a lot of potential but he was getting pushed around down low. I heard him say that was the main thing he worked on last offseason. He’s gotta add another 10 lbs this offseason.

We couldn’t pull off 4 come-from-20+-down wins on the same road trip? Shameful :smh: :lol:

And of course Lou drops a 40 piece after I made a negative post about him...still had too many TOs though...

We couldn’t pull off 4 come-from-20+-down wins on the same road trip? Shameful :smh: :lol:

And of course Lou drops a 40 piece after I made a negative post about him...still had too many TOs though...
I thought we were for sure gonna win that game last night. KAT came in and scored like 3 straight buckets though.

The Maggette news :smh:

Should be interesting. Whatever happens, I just want to see SGA, Chamet and Zubac all getting a lot of minutes. Also, curious as to how Doc will work Chandler and Luc into the rotation if they get healthy enough to play.

Reactions: HIM
So it seems we keeping that playoff hope alive thought we would tank for the pick.
This team aint built like that. Imagine telling bev and Trezz to lose.

Having said that, we may still miss the playoffs and I wouldn’t mind. Win-win. Although option #1 for me is playoffs.

This team aint built like that. Imagine telling bev and Trezz to lose.

Having said that, we may still miss the playoffs and I wouldn’t mind. Win-win. Although option #1 for me is playoffs.

Product of a great front office. Literally can't lose in this scenario.

I feel like the #1 option should be the playoffs too. You get shai/sham/Zu/Trez and everyone else in the playoffs, (Sneak up to 7th? :nerd: ) and they have some good moments, and suddenly your AD package becomes even more attractive than it is now if you choose to go that route.

So did Maggette get fired? Or are they just keeping him off the broadcasts until his situation gets sorted out?

Clippers breaking even w/the spurs in their season series is huge. Also have the season series in the bag w/Houston, and Sacramento and as long as they split the next two w/LAL they'll win that season series too.

Another reason why the Clips automatically not making the playoffs because of Tobias was kind of silly.

Still not sure if we get in though.

Any way we can keep Gallo and also sign to max FA’s? Probably not, I’m guessing. But he’d be such a good compliment to someone like Kawhi...

Any way we can keep Gallo and also sign to max FA’s? Probably not, I’m guessing. But he’d be such a good compliment to someone like Kawhi...

As good as Gallo has been (he has been great) I need him gone just so Doc isn’t tempted to play him at the 5 ever again.

Back
Top Bottom