OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

For the first time this season, I think we'll probably make the playoffs.

Damn.

My pessimistic self is trying to find ways for the Clips to miss the playoffs, and unless the Clips completely wet the bed, I don't see it.

Damn.

Whether the Clippers land Kawhi, KD, Kyrie, trade for AD, whatever, the resume is there.

The Clips are going to make the playoffs just a season after trading away Lob City, and did it with no superstar, the same season in which the Lakers got LBJ and still didn't.

Selling a player on an LA team who made the playoffs w/o a superstar is insanely attractive I'd imagine. Clips put themselves in a great spot.

Random

My hot take is that the clips the last two years have tried to put together a competent, "good" roster that 1) Would be competitive and watchable until summer 2019 and 2) Not make the playoffs so that they could stockpile young lotto assets.

Which makes what's happened w/the Clips the last two years hilarious. I legit think Lawrence and the Clips would prefer a 10ish lotto pick than getting swept in RD1 but they've built a "core" that was probably a tad bit better than they assumed they would be. Especially coming into this season, LBJ coming to LA was supposed to kill LAC's playoff chances and keep the lotto pick "safe" They start Shai(a rookie)/Headick (Another rookie)/Beverley/Gallo/Zubac

I refuse to believe they actually are going full board w/making the playoffs w/that starting lineup which makes the fact that the Clips are going to make the playoffs w/that friggin incredible. And I'm glad it played out like this because making the playoffs w/LAL missing it should be a huge factor in FA I think.

^^^ I can’t disagree with anything you said. The moves we've made this season, including trading Tobias, are definitely consistent with a strategy of being competitive, but not quite good enough to make the playoffs- like last year. But we continue to have tough, smart players who want to win, so we continue to overachieve. It's honesty pretty crazy when you really think about it.​

I lookee at the roster yesterday and thought to myself “this is a 35 win team.” Doc coaching his *** off. Players playing their asses off.

Headick is GOOD. That’s the type of steal you need to build a contender. He can be a 16ppg 47/40/90 guy.

^^^ I can’t disagree with anything you said. The moves we've made this season, including trading Tobias, are definitely consistent with a strategy of being competitive, but not quite good enough to make the playoffs- like last year. But we continue to have tough, smart players who want to win, so we continue to overachieve. It's honesty pretty crazy when you really think about it.​

It's beyond crazy. Every team in the playoff field has an all star and a near all star on the team except the Clippers.

I'll just say that Lawrence has went on record w/saying they don't care about the 8th seed. What they care about is summer 19. They traded Blake and Tobias for summer 19'. BG to clear cap space in summer 19', and Tobias because they couldn't sign him in summer 19.

They definitely wanted to guarantee themselves w/missing the playoffs w/a competent product but I don't think anyone foresaw how good Lou and Trez would be over these last two years. Like Lou hasn't been just "6ix man good" he's been GOOD good.

"It turns out we're the third tenant, we play on the worst nights, we've got the crappiest locker room, we make the least money, but at the end of the day you say 'hey if we're going to be a first-class world organization, boom we gotta have our own house, we gotta stand for something, we gotta have our building just cry out and tell our fans these guys are in, we gotta be something that attracts our players.' I want a different environment than what you get in Staple, I
want a building that pumps and thump the energy."​

I love Ballmer. Love the team. Love everything about us right now.​

I guess Pat was right

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190304-141634_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20190304-141634_Messages.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 2
Shamet kinda pressing. Just take your shots, Headick.

If it’s a close game in the 4th the Lakers will get every call. We better be ready for that.

I will never say a bad word about Bev. I really think he’s been a big reason why we’re this good. Keep this dude forever. I’m sorry Pat. I love you

Back
Top Bottom