OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Lawler's last game? damn, as a SoCal kid, even though I'm a Laker fan... I'm a basketball fan first and Ralph Lawler was a big part of my childhood watching Clipper games when the Lakers weren't playing. "oh me oh my!"

Man, I really hope when we get our own building, we finally develop a real home court advantage. We had the weakest crowds of any team in the playoffs this season, IMO. That’s gotta change.

Rawdawg34 here...

I must say that after the lob city era, I wasn't excited about being a Clippers fan. I definitely thought letting Blake go wasn't good...and letting tobias go sucked.

I'm really excited about what the Clippers are working with now and the possibilities this summer. Fingers crossed. Seems like every player we could dream of having has interest in coming.

Last edited:
I was angry for about 5 minutes when the Blake trade happened but then I reminded myself that Jerry West and co. Know what they’re doing. Doc being stripped of those duties has been the best thing for us.
Absolutely right. I was definitely happy to have Jerry west in fold. I wanted doc to be fired for a minute. Glad they stuck with him as coach.

I really believe that we will have a choice of 2 of the big fish this summer.

Last edited:
Clippers get Kawhi and an AD commitment and I think they immediately jump into the AD sweepstakes

Obviously not gonna be mad if we end up with Kawhi and AD but I’d much rather keep Shai. Winning with Homegrown talent is just so much sweeter

B01ED05E-767E-4527-ABDB-CB0CD3487665.gif

My thinking is that the Clips traded the best player in franchise history like 4 months after they told him he was a clipper for life and had a jersey retirement ceremony for him.

They then traded Tobias in the middle of a playoff run smartly for assets

Front office is smart and has balls. I absolutely think they would trade ANYONE on the roster if AD talks got serious enough.

That being said, Shai's a star to me so I too would love to keep him. So impressed with what he did against GSW.

My thinking is that the Clips traded the best player in franchise history like 4 months after they told him he was a clipper for life and had a jersey retirement ceremony for him.

They then traded Tobias in the middle of a playoff run smartly for assets

Front office is smart and has balls. I absolutely think they would trade ANYONE on the roster if AD talks got serious enough.

That being said, Shai's a star to me so I too would love to keep him. So impressed with what he did against GSW.
Best clipper? We still got Lou Will

do you guys think our chances of getting kawhi decrease with every raptors big moment?

i played/chatted with him on a few occasions while he was at SDSU and he doesnt seem like the type to be wooed when his mind is made up.

but he is def not a mercenary either. wherever he ends up, i can see him finishing his career there...unless he feels betrayed there like his final year in SAS

my dream would be to have him and KD in clipper black. not high on kyrie, but i wouldnt complain too much.

we would be hard to score on with a combo of klaw/butler/beverly as well

Last edited:
^^^ I’ve always assumed that the Raptor’s success this season would impact Kawhi’s decision, but figured it would have to be a minimum of a Finals appearance to make him want to say. Truthfully though, I have no idea. That might not matter to him at all. He’s too quiet and keeps his business sufficiently private for me to be able to speculate intelligently as to what he might do.

Last edited:
I think whether Kawhi stays or goes is independent of this season. He’s got a lot of things to consider that go beyond just a singular great raptors season

I think whether Kawhi stays or goes is independent of this season. He’s got a lot of things to consider that go beyond just a singular great raptors season
Agree with this and think his mind is already made up. Hard for me see why he would stay, though. Siakam is all the North has going forward. It’s painful watching them manufacturer shots. Meanwhile, he can plug into Shai/Shamwow/Lou/Trez or FA partner X. How is that not a done deal?

Man, I really hope when we get our own building, we finally develop a real home court advantage. We had the weakest crowds of any team in the playoffs this season, IMO. That’s gotta change.
Agreed, somehow, when the big fan base teams come to town, that get a hold of half of our tickets. When gsw comes in, it's like a neutral site game.

Now reports say (his agent) that kd has no idea what he wants to do.

His agent was kind of the catalyst of the kd to NYC talk.

Kendrick Perkins said today on the odd couple that kd always loved doc rivers and used to ask about him all the time.

Gonna be an interesting off season.

Back
Top Bottom