OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Home Opener! :pimp:

Anybody else gonna be at the game tonight? Im calling DJ's first 20 rebound game tonight.

**** it. I'm callinf a 20/20 game for him.

Last edited:
2-0 
smokin.gif

I'm higher on doc than most in here I think (as a coach at least), but since he's gotten to LAC their offense has been incredible. Clippers, Warriors, and Spurs, run some of the best stuff in the halfcourt. The improvement that the Clips have made in the halfcourt over the years has been really great to watch. 

Now just gotta get guys like blake to not become a tight *** in the fourth. 

Note: This is also why you have to look at process vs results. The Results don't make us much better than when Vinny D was here but the eye test tells a lot here to me and our team under Doc is lowkey worlds better than under Vinny D.

Last edited:
Now just gotta get guys like blake to not become a tight *** in the fourth. 

Blake really does need to get over that. He starts thinking too much and not just playing instinctively, which he's been doing brilliantly through 3 quarters. And we've seen him have clutch moments in games before. Like that Phoenix game he won on a buzzer beater. He'll get it down consistently.

Blake really does need to get over that. He starts thinking too much and not just playing instinctively, which he's been doing brilliantly through 3 quarters. And we've seen him have clutch moments in games before. Like that Phoenix game he won on a buzzer beater. He'll get it down consistently.
Hopefully you're right.

It's like when it gets under 6 minutes in the fourth, he starts thinking and as you alluded to, his instinctiveness just goes out the window. He takes the midrange jumper with so much confidence prior to crunch time. Once those moments of crisis come, he starts to revert back to old blake. The BS fadeaways without making the defense do anything, (He did this against Rudy a few times on opening night in the fourth) or just bulldozing his way to the rim only to throw up some caca. More than anything, he starts thinking, and then his composure goes out the window when he gets scared. 

No Slip ups. Hopefully we take care of business tonight and get to 4-0. Won't be easy though. Phx has some players and Bledsoe always wants to show out against us. 

Looking for Blake to keep up his torrid play, and for CP to regain his shooting stroke. 
 The LA Clippers look to improve on their best start in the Chris Paul era by going 4-0 tonight against the Phoenix Suns. Dating back to last regular season, the LA Clippers have won 17 of their last 18 games. While Blake Griffin has had an incredible start, so has JJ Redick. Reddick is shooting a blistering 55% from behind the arc. A direct opposite of the start of last season, when Reddick started the season Ice Cold from the 3 point line. There's an early season showdown on tap for Wednesday night at the Oracle Arena, but tonight comes first and the Clippers can't overlook the Suns and bledsoe, whom is averaging over 22 ppg out the gate this season thus far.
 The La Clippers have taken just 42 Field Goal Attempts inside the restricted area. That number falls to just 19 when you take away Griffin and Jordan. This isn't a surprise however, as the Clippers were the league's #1 offense last year and also led the league in Midrange jumpers and were a top 5 3 point shooting team as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, tonight is definitely a game we could get caught slipping if we don't come out focused.

Looking forward to Wednesday, obviously, but we're going to have to shoot from outside better than we have been to beat the Dubs. We got some timely 3s last night from Josh, Pierce and JJ, but were otherwise pretty cold. We'll see. But Oracle is always tough and GSW is on fire right now.

Looking forward to Wednesday, obviously, but we're going to have to shoot from outside better than we have been to beat the Dubs. We got some timely 3s last night from Josh, Pierce and JJ, but were otherwise pretty cold. We'll see. But Oracle is always tough and GSW is on fire right now.
We've been pretty cold from deep to start the season minus JJ this season so far. (Even though JJ was ice cold last night too)

I look for CP to play great on ball d on steph and for the Clips to blitz steph curry on Everything. (Even though they haven't done that nearly as much as they have done it in previous years) Pin downs, when he's playing P&R, just say the hell with it and bliz it.

Relatively speaking, doc and lawrence's schemes on hot shot score first PG's is pretty good. Normally keeps them under control so we'll see how they do.

I also still feel like the Clips (and all teams, really) need to attack Steph more on D. Make him work, maybe get him in foul trouble. We have enough talent now that we can put out a line up where they can't hide Steph on someone.

I also still feel like the Clips (and all teams, really) need to attack Steph more on D. Make him work, maybe get him in foul trouble. We have enough talent now that we can put out a line up where they can't hide Steph on someone.
Good point. At times in past years they've hid him on Dudley, and Barnes. Making him work is definitely a way to go at him.

Clips bee cold from 3, but killing it in mid range an at the rim.

Cp3 will find his 3ball. He missed some flat out wide open 3's the first few games, and looks to be just coasting and allowing Blake to takeover the game.

I can almost guarantee that Cp3 will come out aggressive and make Steph work. Unless they go with Klay to start the game, and have Steph on Lance

Im with shoeking. Clippers by 4.

Curry scores an inefficient 25.

Blake is the high scorer for the game.

DJ 17 rebounds.

Why not :lol:

Im with shoeking. Clippers by 4.

Curry scores an inefficient 25.

Blake is the high scorer for the game.

DJ 17 rebounds.

Why not
laugh.gif
Bro the logic is that steph's hot start is due in large part to some terrible defense.

This should be far and away his toughest opponent thus far. Also, as you alluded to the law of averages sooner than later will play a role, and with the Clippers playing as well as they have been, it seems like this would be a climate that would invite steph curry coming back down to earth a bit.

Oh I wasn't being sarcastic. I think we can wjn and I think all those things can happen :lol:. I'm trying to be optimistic

Oh I wasn't being sarcastic. I think we can wjn and I think all those things can happen :lol:. I'm trying to be optimistic

Word. Hope for the best, but expect the worst. But if we get the W, it will be a nice way to go into the tail-end of the week.

Back
Top Bottom