OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Dear Ballmer..... Please take your franchise and GTF0 of LA. Seriously. Like the Chargers, nobody gives a rip about your team in the LA market.

Heard Seattle is looking for a basketball team. Just saying.

Uncle Steve doesn’t check this thread that often, so it may take him a while to see your very clever, highly original post. But when he sees it, I’m sure he’ll give it the serious consideration it deserves.

Dear Ballmer..... Please take your franchise and GTF0 of LA. Seriously. Like the Chargers, nobody gives a rip about your team in the LA market.

Heard Seattle is looking for a basketball team. Just saying.
Anytime someone says stupid things like this you can guarantee he isn’t really from LA.

dude roots for the Rams AND Raiders. This is the type of guy we’re dealing with.

Anytime someone says stupid things like this you can guarantee he isn’t really from LA.

dude roots for the Rams AND Raiders. This is the type of guy we’re dealing with.

I hear ya, but to be fair, you have LA-based Lakers fans like Ice Cube and Flea saying the same kind of thing.

My thing is, where was that they-need-to-move energy when they were punking us for 30 years. Basically, it was fine for us to share LA when we weren’t actually competition, but now that we are, they want us out. Bunch of ...

1989EBEA-9A43-4653-8769-6CEAE57B0870.gif

Fail. Born and raised and currently residing in LA. The Clippers don’t belong here. There’sa reason why Clippers athletes are always being booed in Dodgers Stadium and at Rams games. Ballmer might be filthy rich but he’s also foolishly stubborn thinking that the LA market will embrace his team.

Fail. Born and raised and currently residing in LA. The Clippers don’t belong here. There’sa reason why Clippers athletes are always being booed in Dodgers Stadium and at Rams games. Ballmer might be filthy rich but he’s also foolishly stubborn thinking that the LA market will embrace his team.

The Clippers have been in LA for almost 40 years. The team makes money and sells out Staples when they’re good, as the Lob City era proved. There is, in fact, a significant number of Clippers fans in LA. So, just from a business standpoint, it makes no sense for them to move.

LA/SoCal is the 2nd biggest media market in the Country. It has two MLB teams, two NFL teams and two MLS teams. There’s no reason for it not to have two NBA teams, no matter how much it (currently) bugs Lakers fans.

Last edited:
Also, imagine calling a franchise owner “foolish” when in the span of 5 years: (1) the team has increased in value; (2) put itself in position to sign the best free-agent available, a reigning finals MVP and top 5 player; and (3) is among the heavy pre-season favorites to win the title for the first time ever. Real idiot, Ballmer is :lol:

And lastly, the Clippers are really good with charitable and community outreach activities in LA. But I guess that doesn’t matter compared to Lakers fans not liking them being here, so yeah, they should beat it:

The Clippers have been in LA for almost 40 years. The team makes money and sells out Staples when they’re good, as the Lob City era proved. There is, in fact, a significant number of Clippers fans in LA. So, just from a business standpoint, it makes no sense for them to move.

LA/SoCal is the 2nd biggest media market in the Country. It has two MLB teams, two NFL teams and two MLS teams. There’s no reason for it not to have two NBA teams, no matter how much it (currently) bugs Lakers fans.

You make some fair points. The Clippers really has their chance and blew it during the Lob City era. Prime CP3, Blake, DeAndre, Reddick, etc. Unable to get past the second round is inexcusable.

Regarding Ballmer... do most Clippers fans really trust this guy? I get the feeling that he might be pushing the Inglewood arena knowing it might not go through or get delayed in litigation for several years giving him an “out” or a reason to move them to Seattle? Am I crazy thinking this?

You make some fair points. The Clippers really has their chance and blew it during the Lob City era. Prime CP3, Blake, DeAndre, Reddick, etc. Unable to get past the second round is inexcusable.

Regarding Ballmer... do most Clippers fans really trust this guy? I get the feeling that he might be pushing the Inglewood arena knowing it might not go through or get delayed in litigation for several years giving him an “out” or a reason to move them to Seattle? Am I crazy thinking this?

Things could change, but I don’t think he has any intention of moving the team and really wants the Inglewood arena to happen. He’s rich and well connected enough that if he wanted to move the team to Seattle, he could just do it. He would have to play games to make it happen.

yea, and this post confirms it. This dude aint from LA. Sound like an IE cat or some other dusty part of socal

What do you mean blew it? They were a top 5 most profitable franchise during lob city, and they're one of the premier money generators in the NBA right now.

Which is why the Seattle thing makes no sense. The Clippers have already proved that they're extremely lucrative in Los Angeles. How could they possibly claim over 200 consecutive sellouts plus playoffs if they had no fans in LA and needed to move to Seattle?

Exactly.

Things could change, but I don’t think he has any intention of moving the team and really wants the Inglewood arena to happen. He’s rich and well connected enough that if he wanted to move the team to Seattle, he could just do it. He would have to play games to make it happen.

He's made far too much money IMO to even consider moving a team from Los Angeles to Seattle. It's only a talking point because people ignore facts and play dumb.

They were the 5th valued franchise per Forbes in 2015. There's no way that happens in Seattle

They were 5th again in 2016.

Since they've been consistently good, that is put out a consistently good product, they've been a premier franchise in the league. And that's a fact. (not saying this to you because I'm sure you know, just saying in general)

Ballmer is not going to stop until he weans out every color in the LAC logo except black and white lol

He's made far too much money IMO to even consider moving a team from Los Angeles to Seattle. It's only a talking point because people ignore facts and play dumb.

They were the 5th valued franchise per Forbes in 2015. There's no way that happens in Seattle

They were 5th again in 2016.

Since they've been consistently good, that is put out a consistently good product, they've been a premier franchise in the league. And that's a fact. (not saying this to you because I'm sure you know, just saying in general)

The gymnastics some folks perform...Ballmer trying to spend a billion dollars to build a stadium is evidence that he wants to move to the team....

Thanks. Unfortunately, it is pretty serious. She needs a kidney transplant. But she has a donor and the surgery is scheduled, so assuming it goes well, things should get better after that. Probably good for playoff time. Keep those fingers crossed.

Bro how's the wife if you don't mind me asking? Was reading through old post and came across this

the clippers have been the best basketball team in L.A. for quite some time now...maybe the lakers should move to seattle?

Back
Top Bottom