OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

so does the regular season matter or not

don’t wanna hear no **** abt banners and regular season **** when y’all get smacked again for the 3rd consecutive time
All we gonna do on Sunday is give y'all a little reminder how and why the Buss's are a deeper and more complete squad than the Balmer's.

not sure if necessary...

might have been better trying to get cousins?

Clippers need all the center help they can get.

If Zubac in foul trouble in the playoffs, continually having to play Trez at the 5 gonna wear him down. This may work from time to time during the regular season when you face a different opponent each night, but in a 7-game series when the same opponent will often make adjustments and counter adjustments, it's a whole different animal.

Noah might play more than Zubac if Zu isn't effective, which can happen in the playoffs cause he ain't battle tested yet.

Boogie ain't goin nowhere. Even though he a free agent per se, he's most likely committed to the Lakers next year.

I'm down with the harrell iso vs. Slower footed centers, but iso against keef? Late in the 4th? No.

Doc so rigid in his lineups. Why is Lou in so late if he's not making any contributions offensively? I'm pretty sure the Clippers were a plus ball club when zubac was in. You gotta give him some burn in crunch.

Both Lou and Morris played way too much. Not sure what Doc was thinking. So many other options he could have gone with.

Didn’t get to watch the game. Looked to be a close game. Not overly concerned. 3 close games, we came out on top twice. Even if we won today, I would still expect a 6/7game series if we met in the playoffs.

Let’s keep this #2 spot doe

I could be way off and watching the game through my Clipper glasses but didn't it feel like Doc's rotations seemed more off than usual? Just hang with me for a second, we all know Doc is stubborn with his rotations but it did feel like he almost purposely keep players struggling in longer than usual and didn't make the adjustments which he is pretty good at? Apart of me feels like Doc didn't want to show all his cards against Lakers considering he knew that they needed the win more than our Clippers so he can see what they will throw at them. Its like he didn't want to give them any film adjustments knowing we will eventually face them in the Playoffs. He's playing chess not checkers! Or maybe I'm giving doc waaaaayyyy to much credit and just be delusional.

too much credit, i always feel like doc is slow to adapt/make adjustments and this was another case of being stubborn and sticking to lou when he wasnt scoring and the lakers were picking on him on defense

same with marcus, dude was obviously struggling on both ends and doc wanted to finish with him and lou and live and die with it

patbev played like 10 seconds in the last few minutes of the 4th it seems and he has improved his 3s enough to be a threat behind the arc so again i am not sure what is going in docs head

he also seemingly forgot about pg after being so hot in the first half

I watched the game at work today. The rotations were bad, but I don’t think Doc had a secret plan. If Avery Bradley shoots like that in a 7 game series, we’ll just have to take an L. We didn’t lose because of Bron/AD. I believe their point totals were the exact totals of Kawhi/PG.

We lost because their other guys hit shots and ours didn’t. Morris missed everything. Shamet missed a wide open 3 in a crucial spot. Like I said yesterday, even we went 4-0 against them, it would be a 6+ game series in the postseason. These 3 games thus far just confirm that for me. We’re very evenly matched.

I watched the game at work today. The rotations were bad, but I don’t think Doc had a secret plan. If Avery Bradley shoots like that in a 7 game series, we’ll just have to take an L. We didn’t lose because of Bron/AD. I believe their point totals were the exact totals of Kawhi/PG.

We lost because their other guys hit shots and ours didn’t. Morris missed everything. Shamet missed a wide open 3 in a crucial spot. Like I said yesterday, even we went 4-0 against them, it would be a 6+ game series in the postseason. These 3 games thus far just confirm that for me. We’re very evenly matched.

We also missed 9 FTs, to their 4, when percentage wise we’re usually better from the line. Trez is up and down with his FT shooting, but missing 6 is a lot even for him.

Throw a couple of tough charge calls against us in the mix too, which isn’t always going to happen.

Only two 3s made by anyone other than Kawhi and PG and one of those was from Lou when the game was already decided.

This is the first time I felt like Morris took away shots from other better players at key moments. I believe Beverly has a fine line and needs to put a cap on his emotions. His two turnovers early allowed the momentum to shift. He has to be bev, but sometimes he's too wound up. His stat line shows it. Imo.

Shamet missed that wide open 3 like HIM HIM said. It seems like he was the odd man out rotation wise all game. That's the first time I remember him actually being in the game.

The narrative will be that pg disappeared in the 4th, but, he came to play. There really wasn't much effort by the Clippers to get pg involved in the 4th.

Trezz has to let that iso go vs. The Lakers. There bigs footwork is decent enough to stay with him imo. To iso vs. Kieff late was silly.

You can't let LeBron seek out Lou and let that be their late game offense. You have to fight that somehow. Don't play Lou, or have him a few switches away, or play him and help big time. I don't know what exactly the answer is...But you have to make that chess game a 16-17 or 18 second game on the shot clock and make the Lakers have to play with 6-7 seconds left on the shot clock.

If I'm the coach, Lou isn't in the game late if he's not cooking.

Zu needs crunch time mins in a series vs. The Lakers.

When it comes down to it, it was a close game, if Bradley doesn't go nuts it's a different game. there are minor adjustments to be made.

lawdog1 lawdog1 was right about the missed fts.
When it comes down to it...
If mook is average and Bradley is average, and we make a few more fts, it's a different game. Imo

if, IF, was a fifth...

The next game vs lakers really doesn't matter at all being that its so late in the season. but, maybe both teams will play all their player and it will be? guess it all depends on the circumstances

IMO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom