OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

The big criticism I see about the LA Clippers is 1) Playmaking and 2) Size

I think the Clippers "Lack" of playmaking concern is completely overblown. They factually have had one of the league's 10 best offenses over the past two seasons. Here's a list of some of the Clippers logging major minutes that helped created that vaunted top 10 offense

CJ Williams
Jamil Wilson
Ty Wallace
Patrick Beverley
Austin Rivers
Tobias Harris
Lou Williams
Montrezl Harrell
Jawun Evans
Sin Thornwell
Danilo Gallinari
Avery Bradley
Wes Johnson

I think...The LA Clippers will be fine on the playmaking front by adding Paul George and Kawhi Leonard :lol: Doc Rivers is a genius level offensive coach. I'd be disappointed if the Clips took a step back offensively. They had NO playmakers last year and still were top 10 in offense, the best offensive team in the half court, the best clutch team in the league, so I have next to worries on that front.

The Clippers do lack some front court size, but this isn't a fatal flaw to me. You look at teams that have went deep into the post season in recent years, PJ tucker was starting at the 4, Draymond Green obviously was playing almost exclusively at the 5 in GSW's last playoff run, The Cavs were starting Bron and RJ in 2016, the best players in recent finals runs have been KD, Kawhi, Lebron aka wings. So while LAC does lack some size, Zu is huge and was a great rim protector last season for LAC, and I think Wings are FAR AND AWAY the most important prerequisite for a championship team and the Clips have far and away the best wing stable in the league (Kawhi/PG/Harkless/Green/Shamet).

The Lakers are the only team in the west w/the size to make one even think of this as a valid concern, and even w/them, when it matters they'll probably be playing 4 out w/ (AD/Bron/Kuzma/X/X)
I've heard that point guard criticism too from good bball people. The Clippers avg 115 ppg without Tobias Harris for a good portion of that stat line. Even though I think a true solid backup pg is needed. We well be fine.

Sometimes basketball criticism is truly rooted in league wide tendencies and trends. Purple that think the Clippers will have trouble scoring when we had no issues without kawhi and pg just are spewing out nonsense.

I heard a guy recently state that the Clippers will have trouble scoring because they don't have a score first pg.

That's just not true and stats suggest the opposite.

The Clippers transition offense and Lou Williams potency when on the floor with kawhi and pg will be potent

Imo

Last edited:
Other Clippers urban myths I've heard...

1. Kawhi isn't a good playmaker
- kawhi makes the correct play 90% of the time. He's not a dynamic playmaker, but he maximizes his team's opportunities thru making the right read most of the time.

2. Kawhi is injury prone because he only played 60+ games last season.
- he's not injury prone...he just never had time to get fully healthy to begin with.

3. Kawhi isn't a good leader.
- come on now, ask the raptors about his leadership skills.

4. PG is washed
- he just came off the best season of his career

^^^ Yeah, Kawhi’s passing isn’t on par with guys like LeBron, but it’s good enough. He’s not a ball stopper and, as said above, generally reads double-teams well and delivers the right pass out of them.

A team doesn’t need an elite passer to be a championship contender as long as the group as a whole is unselfish and they have a good offensive system.

LOL. I’m at Tequila Jack’s in Long Beach at this very minute. Right on the water. But TBH, the food is just good, not great. Good margaritas though.

My go-to spots on the Westside are:

Don António’s on Pico in West LA;

Casablanca on Lincoln in Venice; and

Gilbert’s El Indio on Pico in Santa Monica.

Reactions: HIM
We were 5th in offensive rating last season and not even top 15 in ast:to with no elite “playmaking”. Bev avg’d more assists than shai as well. Now we have Kawhi and PG.

We’ll be alright lol

Just read this JJ Headdick Q&A.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/07/10/ru...clippers-kawhi-leonard-paul-george-trade-nba/

Man, there are certain players that just give off the feeling that they’re gonna succeed. I never doubted Blake was gonna develop his game. I had the same feeling about Shai. Same thing with JJH. He just comes off as mature, understands his weaknesses, is honest with himself. I can see him being a better JJ. His athleticism and history at PG can turn him into a GOOD nba player. I always say you need at least one bargain contract to win a championship. We never had that with Lob City. We have a few on the team now imo

Just read this JJ Headdick Q&A.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/07/10/ru...clippers-kawhi-leonard-paul-george-trade-nba/

Man, there are certain players that just give off the feeling that they’re gonna succeed. I never doubted Blake was gonna develop his game. I had the same feeling about Shai. Same thing with JJH. He just comes off as mature, understands his weaknesses, is honest with himself. I can see him being a better JJ. His athleticism and history at PG can turn him into a GOOD nba player. I always say you need at least one bargain contract to win a championship. We never had that with Lob City. We have a few on the team now imo
"Everybody is on the same page from front office, to coaches, to players."

Just curious,

How do you guys feel about a possible name change?

I’m not in favor of it. After all the struggles, I want the franchise to finally break through as the Clippers. That said, if they move forward with doing it and come up with something cool, I’ll live with it. If I’m being honest “Clippers” really isn’t the hottest name for a basketball team. But it’s what I’ve known for 30 years, so I say keep it.

I’m not in favor of it. After all the struggles, I want the franchise to finally break through as the Clippers. That said, if they move forward with doing it and come up with something cool, I’ll live with it. If I’m being honest “Clippers” really isn’t the hottest name for a basketball team. But it’s what I’ve known for 30 years, so I say keep it.
+1

i am all for sticking it out with the "clippers" name and breaking thru. a better logo, and better badging on the current uniforms would do it for me

Only reason I’m for it is because the current logo is so dog****. A name change would guarantee a new logo/uni

Some clipper fans have more patience than me lol talking anything Clipper basketball related with Laker fans these days is straight hell

From the Clippers potential arena in Inglewood and laker fans hating on it and playing moral police about it, to banners, to them having more size, to them saying how the clips will never take over la for the 1 billionth time, the whole 2nd round stuff, like dawg

Some clipper fans have more patience than me lol talking anything Clipper basketball related with Laker fans these days is straight hell

From the Clippers potential arena in Inglewood and laker fans hating on it and playing moral police about it, to banners, to them having more size, to them saying how the clips will never take over la for the 1 billionth time, the whole 2nd round stuff, like dawg

I did not anticipate that the better we get, the more unreasonable they would get...it’s never going to get better, so we just have to laugh at them...

30 for 30 on Donald Sterling out and they're trying to make Shelly out to be a saint which is insane.

30 for 30 on Donald Sterling out and they're trying to make Shelly out to be a saint which is insane.

I’m sure that’s how they got her to agree to sit down. Most interesting part so far is that the staples center was originally meant for the Clippers.

Ay, so is PG supposed to miss time at the beginning of the season because of his shoulder surgery? I saw a tweet about that somewhere, but I don’t think it was from a real dialed-in source.

Has anyone else heard that?

Ay, so is PG supposed to miss time at the beginning of the season because of his shoulder surgery? I saw a tweet about that somewhere, but I don’t think it was from a real dialed-in source.

There's been nothing confirmed as to how much time he'll miss or if he'll miss any at all. Tbh no one knows anything, PG and his team / the clippers have been completely dark about it.

I looked for the answer to this a few days ago as well. Seems like nobody knows for sure. Heard somebody on tv say early to mid November at the latest, and ready for opening night best case scenario.

Last edited:
There's been nothing confirmed as to how much time he'll miss or if he'll miss any at all. Tbh no one knows anything, PG and his team / the clippers have been completely dark about it.

But you’re not aware of him being spotted playing anywhere this Summer, right? I have some slight concerns.

From what I’ve heard from my Clippers connects...he will miss about a month. This was in July though

I just finished it. Wow Shelbourne really sold her morals and reputation to produce a subpar docu-podcast. She made Shelly out to be a hero for women. An innocent bystander who finally stood up for what’s right :rofl: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom