OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

So Shai's going to be a star and that sucks. I mean he's REALLY good. There's a world where by the end of Kawhi's deal, SGA is an all star.

But oh my god. I was confident that LAC had a real shot with Kawhi (Hence me making the bet with MVP) but the PG thing came from left field obviously. But It was also so very obvious Kawhi's intentions on joining LAC and if you didn't think ESPN was being paid by woj, they were basically telling you the entire time. No one was going to do all of that to stay in Toronto, and the fact that he left the LAL deal on the table was telling.

I'm just excited for playoff time man. We've NEVER had the tier one superstar to take us deep into the postseason. A healthy Kawhi and a healthy PG? Man. Try stopping that in the 4th quarter of a playoff game. Just incredible stuff.

The entertainment's here!

I haven't been able to stop laughing these past hours every time I think about it!
The CLIPPERS?!
THE team I kinda held my head down when talkin about sometimes? What?

In nba 2k19 in myteam I'm sellin my Jordan and lebron right now to cop a Leonard since I got pg lol

I haven’t been able to sleep since I found out at 2:45 am and I don’t care.

So right, the roster is:

Kawhi
PG
Bev
Trezz
Lou Will
Shamet
Harkless
McGruder
Robinson
2019 draft picks

Is that right?

I just love how our FO moves.

We knew we were in the driver seat all along and did not leak a damn thing. Let the world believe the fake reporters saying we had been eliminated from consideration. Didn't feel the need to shoot any rumors down. Were quietly working on a blockbuster deal and 0 word got out till it was official. We have a real FO and arguably the best in the league. This is amazing.

Blake trade - 0 leaks
Tobias trade - 0 leaks
PG trade - 0 leaks
Kawhi signign - 0 leaks

Also huge is just the fact that Kawhi wanted to play for us so bad that he dragged out his decision until we got another star. Gave us 5 days man. We out here!

“I waited 4 days man, where y’all at”
- Drake - Back 2 Back

team needs another big

don’t trust zubac

Zu’s decent, but there are for sure certain match ups that are problematic for him. That’s why bringing back JAM is important. He’s a versatile big who can stretch the floor.

The greatest day in Clipper history! Been a fan since ‘89 and season ticket holder for many dark years. To have the greatest wing combo since MJ/Pippen is crazy.

The bench does need work. We can package some of the guys (Harkless/Zu/JRob) to upgrade at center. We need a backup PG. Nervous Bev breaks down.

^^^ Heard one on the radio this morning saying the league should veto the trade because Kawhi and PG “colluded” with each other...sad...

Reactions: HIM
If we stay healthy I'm not sure that there's a world in which I wouldn't pick us as heavy favorites to win it all.

That sentence alone was crazy to type and even crazier that I wholeheartedly believe it. It's not even Clipper bias, this is what I wrote about Kawhi when the Raptors traded for him last summer

Man the Raptors won 59 games last year and replaced Demar with Kawhi Leonard.

If he's healthy...geez, the Raptors should be very good and now have replaced one of the worst shooting playoff performers in league history with a finals MVP in his prime.

The C's should be the only team that stops the Raptors from getting through the east, health provided. They've got length all over the place, OG's a year older, Pascal, Delon, the raptors can be REALLY good.

Who cares about them beating GSW in the finals, no one is doing that but they have a GREAT shot at getting there.

The upgrade from Demar to Kawhi is obvious, but it's even more obvious when you apply playoff context to it.

Where Demar has come up short, Kawhi has went head up with KD, Chris Paul, Lebron multiple times, Steph, etc. and got the better of these dudes on multiple occasions. He's 26 years old.

This is who they replaced Demar with.

They can switch everything, they've got depth, buying all raptors stock if they're healthy.

He is a Michael Jordan level playoff performer, AND the Clippers have this too

PG was 28/8/4 last year on 39% from 3 while being a 1st team level perimeter defender. That's not even mentioning Lou and Trez and Shamet, who were fantastic last season as we all know.

I'm getting ahead of myself, it's never as easy as it seems and unpredictable **** happens. But as it stands now, who the hell has the roster that can compete with Kawhi/PG/Lou/Trez/Sham come playoff time?

I've always had a soft spot for the really terrible teams historically, and the Clippers are right on top of the list. This is pleasing news and I really wish them every success. Hopefully we see a Bucks vs Clippers Finals rivalry...

Been a long road from Terry Cummings, Danny Manning, Ron Harper, mark Jackson, post injury nique, Sam cassell, q rich, maggette, dmiles, brand, olawakandi to now. (For me)

Great to be a true Clippers fan today.

Hated when lob city ended, but after finding out all the locker room stuff, it had to happen. Wasn't sure about letting go of tobias, but our team stayed super competitive which was exciting.

It's never easy to be a clipper fan. That's why it's so great to be one now. We are blue collar, underdogs who will enjoy the top way more than anyone could ever imagine.

Lou Williams is gonna get the easiest shots he's ever had, shamet, trezz and Beverly too.

Gonna be a joy to watch this team, especially defensively.

Glad we got Beverly back...he really is the identity of this team imo.

Sad to see sga go. But hope that he develops like we knew he would.

Used to sneak in to the sports Arena to watch the second half of clipper games back in the day lol. I lived writhing the shadow of the old sports Arena

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom