OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

^^^ That's where I'm at. We still lost, but at least it was enjoyable during the second half of last night's game to watch the young guys compete. Nothing that fun about watching Morris, Ibaka, Bledsoe, etc. these days.

Changes should be made, but... How much better than .500 do I think this team should be without klaw? 5-8 games at the most? Yeah. Sounds about right.

As bad as the clippers look, we are only a game out of 4th in the west.

Imo

Last edited:
everyones on an upturn though while the clips are on the trending down, im sure it's gon be an up and down season but it feels like we already know whoa nd what this team is

they'll benefit from the rest of the west being mediocre outside of the dubs and suns so an extra 5-8 win games coould easily mean being 4th and homecourt int he first round or possible play-in

yah they're 1 game out of the 4th place but they're also half a game ahead of being 10th :lol:

haven't really tuned much into the games this season since the team hasn't really been fun to watch and its been tough watching them be so mediocre, but seeing how we're floating at .500, they're doing a lot better record wise than i anticipated.

you guys touched on it and it was something i was hoping we would get to see more of, but really wanted us to go the GSW path of tanking and letting our young guys develop (esp. Boston) so they're more ready to play next year when Kawhi returns.

my issue with tanking is first, the team wastes another year on PG, if they realistically think kawhi will return this season then i say go for it, make a big trade if you have to (i mean is the team gon be worse without bledsoe or mook at this point?)

secondly, i feel like the clips arent good at drafting and developing talent, they got luck with SGA but who else really? i was hoping Mann would be it and take a leap but im just not seeing it anymore, still a good wing and athelticism and defensive factor but he's never gon be that 3rd option we all hoped he could be

im not sure boston has that much of an upside and we dont even need to talk about coffey and scrubbbbb

if there are more then i wouldnt even know who they are but i think that also speaks to their talent if they cant go ahead of coffey

i dont know, wasting another year as the key players get older just seems like a bad idea

Reactions: HIM
We don’t own our first round pick. Tanking would only help OKC.

Terance Mann was the 48th pick in the draft. That’s already a great pick, even if this is his ceiling.

Shai is an allstar and we got him in the late lottery.

I think the picks prior to that were Doc’s doing. Lawrence frank and co. Seem to know what they’re doing. Boston looks like he has a shot at being good. Preston is hurt. Keon was out until recently.

Robinson was a bad pick, but at least they were right about MPJR.That could have been us who extended a guy with a bad back. Then we’d really be ****ed.

I think the team will start looking better when Nico comes back. If Kawhi comes back anytime this season, and we make the playoffs, I think we can make a run.

.500 is about what I was expecting/hoping with No Kawhi. But this season still has been a bit frustrating because it feels like there’s room for improvement and some of the recent losses were just bad.

My main gripe is Ty refusing to experiment with the starting line-up when it clearly is not that good. His hands have have been somewhat tied by the Nico and Morris injury issues.

when russ is guarding pg, why keep switching to monk and they end up doubling him

just take russ one on one, either dude are bad on defense, after the 5th and 6th time the switch doesnt work, how about you stop doing it?

ok it worked that time when kennard becomes open

luke finally have a good game :smokin

mook too :smokin

about damn time

1DFB7D8D-3694-4AFE-AD0D-86C199F5E116.jpeg

54A4AA0B-C65E-4E0B-9FAE-BEC3691C1651.jpeg

fun game. Best the offense has looked all season as far as executing their small / small pnr stuff. As serge and marcus continue to get their legs back our offense should benefit big time

encouraging that this was without Nico and Kawhi

Very solid W last night. Effort and attention-to-detail was much better than what we’ve seen last few games. Loved seeing Luke step up, take and make some big shots :nthat:

No let downs tonight.

Biggest blessing this season is that outside of GSW, anyone can get clipped (no pun) out west, including Phx.

The Clippers, as long as they're healthy (sans Kawhi) are a problem. Still a ton of size, a ton of shooting, continuity, defensive disposition is there, coaching is there, I'm 100% confident in the roster.

They simply have not been healthy this year, which is why I'm not really fretting the .500 ball we've played this year. I think that's a pretty solid and reasonable outcome given Batum catching covid, 7 games of Marcus Morris with his Knee, Serge with his back, 0 minutes from Kawhi, given all of that, being .500 is kind of...good?

As those guys get on the floor more, and get more minutes under their belts, more wins will come. Another win streak is coming.

^^^ Yeah, I still have concerns about the washed-ness level of both Serge and Mook, but I guess we’ll see. Hopefully, it is more a matter of them both getting in better shape.

Back
Top Bottom