OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Hearing Conley and poeltl talks. Hope we can get both.

1st round pick, Reggie, mook, wall, Covington and kennard seem to be on the table... Maybe Powell.

Personally, I don't want to give up Covington, kennard or Powell. But we need another big and a smart, pass first point guard that can shoot.

If kennard stays, he needs to shoot that ball while he's in. The clippers need to figure out how to get him 6 to 8, 3 attempts a game. Hopefully he can hit 3 or 4.

Last edited:
pg-13 back
20230117_190130.jpg

Sloppy half and questionable calls/no-calls did us in. Lue is getting closer to the starting lineup. Now he just needs to take the final step and take Morris out. Unfortunately it’ll probably take an injury for that to happen.

Can't give niang a good look late. Powell got abused by everyone he was guarding... Went for every pump fake he could. Pg casual with the ball as usual.

Mostly, no chemistry and no crunch time offensive direction.

Iso ball is not a crunch time offense with this team.

Somebody has to decide, I'm gonna be aggressive and get to the line.

.A big who could shoot would help. Teams just load up on kawhi every single 4th quarter and we can’t do anything about it because Zubac is useless on offense. If you go small ball you have no rebounding or rim protection.

The roster isn’t good enough to win anything as of today.

.A big who could shoot would help. Teams just load up on kawhi every single 4th quarter and we can’t do anything about it because Zubac is useless on offense. If you go small ball you have no rebounding or rim protection.

The roster isn’t good enough to win anything as of today.
Agreed, not alot of them floating around though...a starting level center that can defend the rim and shoot is like...embiid.

The clippers don't do a good job of getting zu involved. He should have had some touches when Harrell was on him at least.

I'm surprised a disciple of Phil Jackson like Lue doesn't use some triangle principles with this team. This team should at the very least run that post entry split that the warriors run.

Makes no sense for this team to hit the wall on offense like they do at times.

Last edited:
While I think there are trades out there that could help improve the team some, as most of us have said in here before, this team is only get as far as Kawhi and PG - the superstars - take it. And they just haven't been consistently available enough to get us to be anything other than a very inconsistent .500 team. And in PG's case, even when he has been available, he hasn't actually played like a superstar for a while now. He's played well at times, but I don't recall the last great game he had, even taking into consideration when he scored 45 in a loss to the Pacers.

Kawhi clearly needed some time to get back to himself after the injury and seems to be getting there. I don't blame him totally for his recent 4th quarter struggles either. The way things hav been going, we get crushed during the minutes he sits late in the 3rd and early in the 4th, so by the time he gets back in the momentum is totally with the other team, putting him in a position where he feels like he has to bail us out and forces things. And its rare anyone else steps up to really help him out.

And I'm already counting on an L tonight because I assume Kawhi's not going to play at all due to it being the 2nd of a back-to-back.

the team has shown brilliance in moving the ball around that leaves someone open for a three but the problem is missing those open 3s

but then when it comes to the 4th, the movement stops, the team is more hesitant to shoot 3s, they become sloppy throwing the ball away and last night they couldnt rebound to save their life (there were two instances where brown and reggie fought for the rebound and it bounced out and then another where he was all alone and couldnt handle it and it bounced out again)

then the play becomes dribble, dribble, look for kawhi, pass to kawhi then iso but once he gets double teamed there's less than 10 in the clock so he passes out then they either rush to get kawhit he ball back or its a heave... rinse repeat

i want to say conley can help with that, manage the clock more and he can actually hit timely 3s (not scared) but its also the chemistry of this team, its all over the place

the broadcasters made a good point last night, the Sixers also had players going in and out of line-ups but they play cohesive and in sync despite that... this clippers team has more or less been together for 4 years now and even got deep into the playoffs so why is the chemistry still an issue? its just not a valid excuses anymore

Then just play the kids tonight. Seriously. Would much prefer watching them get washed than Mook and Reggie each putting up double-figure shots.

This. If we’re gonna lose, at least get the key guys some rest + the kids some reps. My rotation for tonight would be:

Preston
Boston
Coffey
Covington (he needs minutes)
Brown

Diabate

And play them all 38+ minutes

Back
Top Bottom