OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

wiining formula = no russ in the 4th

morris in the 4th is just bodying the opponent and getting called for a foul as his form of defense but they can at least overcome one issue

still mann shouldve been there, the two early 3s by morris really got ty trusting him more, i mean dude has like 8 points int he first i think and finished with 11

great win

Wasn’t able to watch the game, but was monitoring the score on my phone. Was a bit nervous when it was still close and looked at the Mann and Morris minutes. Glad we pulled it out.

Seems like Ty is settling on a little over 20 minutes and not closing as the sweet spot for Russ. It’s been working.

Going to be interesting to see what happens when Norm gets back. I assume it will impact Gordon’s minutes most, but we all know it should be someone else.

Wow. Our schedule has really slowed down. Don’t play again until Wednesday and then next Saturday. Probably a good thing for the team, but I got used to games every other day. LOL.

kawhis back offensively but defensively i think he still has ways to go, at times his switches are slow and he coasts but he could also be saving some of that energy on the other end of the court and/or saving it for the post-season, he did seem motivated to defend yesterday and was on randle to start the game and that really set the tone for julius to have a bad game

the rest of the team just needs to pick it up and i know its been said enough but ty needs to just limit russ and morris minutes, eric gordon playing point in the 4th actually worked because he can shoot deep 3s so the defender just cant sag off him and he is still fast enough to pump fake and drive and finish with contact

team finally cracked the top10 power ranking this week, just got to keep the momentum and hope the dubs keep sucking on the road, the other two games to finish the week should be easy but ones a back to back so im only expecting them to win one of those so they really got to take the two games where kawhi/pg plays seriously

#10↑
LA CLIPPERS
Record: 36-33
OffRtg: 113.1 (20) DefRtg: 113.2 (12) NetRtg: -0.1 (19) Pace: 98.5 (24)

After losing their first five games out of the All-Star break, the Clippers began a stretch where they were playing nine of 10 at home. And they’ve begun that stretch with three straight wins. Defense was an issue over the losing streak, but they held the Raptors and Knicks to just 104.3 points per 100 possessions last week, winning two games in which they totaled just 37 points (committing 12 turnovers) over the two first quarters. For the second straight season, the Clippers have been a much better team in second halves (plus-4.0 points per 100 possessions) than they’ve been before halftime (minus-4.2).

Kawhi Leonard had 16 of those 37 first-quarter points against Toronto and New York and has averaged 32 (on 54/50/93 shooting splits) over the three-game winning streak. At one point this season, he was 5-for-30 from 3-point range. But he’s now at 41.9% (the second best mark of his career) from beyond the arc, shooting slightly better on pull-up 3s (33-for-79, 41.8%) than he has off the catch (41-for-100, 41.0%). His legs have also looked pretty good on the break, and the Clippers are now 26-15 with Leonard in the lineup and 10-18 otherwise.
The Clippers’ home-heavy stretch continues for another couple of weeks, and the most important game in that stretch is their visit from the champs on Wednesday. They currently lead the sixth-place Warriors by a half-game and the home team has won all three head-to-head meetings thus far, with their game in San Francisco 11 days ago being the Clippers’ worst offensive game of the season (91 points on 103 possessions).

After Wednesday, the Clippers will play six straight against teams with losing records, though they have a back-to-back this weekend. They’re just 3-9 (1-8 since mid-November) in the second game of back-to-backs.

Week 22: vs. GSW, vs. ORL, @ POR

Big test, tied with gsw for 5th. Currently, 6th isn't a bad spot to be in. But I don't think this team can play the seeding game.
It will be interesting to see if Westbrook is all the way in. When green sags off, will he flow into dribble hand offs and set good screens? Etc etc

i think they really just need to avoid the play-in, if they can lock that in they can probably rest kawhi and pg for the last few games but we know this team loves to play this seeding bs by throwing games to avoid or set up match ups when they should just worry about playing

with that said, the 4 spot isnt too farfetch with kd out and the clips having 9 out of 10 games at home, just got to stay focused and play with energy and why mann has to start all games, needs that kind of effort and energy to feed off of

start with the gsw win to tie up the season and then go from there

flagrant 2?

wtf?

i guess the benefit is morris is out the rest of the game so might be a net positive

how green didnt get another tech for that be out as well though is crazy the way he was yelling at the refs before

really makes no sense why morris gets all these minutes, his stat sheet is empty and that flagrant just brought more bs to the game… i mean how can he have no rebounds at all at his size?

at least russ is hustling out there for rebounds and trying despite hitting the side of the backboard

while mann is fast, switches, hustles, isnt scared to shoot and just overall better and the stat sheet shows that

just makes zero sense

078A8DAB-F6D9-4EAC-BBB0-C67CBC4F336A.jpeg

We better not get caught slipping against the Magic.

Saturday matinee game against a bad team after a big W has big trap game vibes. And if we wear the City Edition unis, ayudanos dios.

I was looking where are all those people saying Russ is a cancer and he is bringing this team down. Did they trade him, because they can't possibly win with Russ on the team right? Love the narrative he was the problem and not that the team was playing bad or under performing with new pieces. I'm not saying play him 48 minutes but also don't put all the blame on him when he isn't playing the fourth quarter and they lose.

I guess Russ must have been playing on the Lakers last night since they lost to the lowly Rockets.

i have a bad feeling this teams gon o some shenanigans again in terms of seeding

right now they are 5 with the suns in 4 so even if they overtake them, theres a good chance the two will face int he first round and with kd’s return looming, i think this staff is gon’ try and avoid them and might start giving games away again

and funny enough, the clips last opponent for the season is the suns

Back
Top Bottom