OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

What do you think about bringing Blake back next season? I know he's pretty much washed at this point of his career but he wouldn't need to be the Old Blake on this current Clipper squad. With a healthy Kawhi & PG13, he could come off the bench and be a role player that gives us a little size with the ability to hit 3's. He wasn't used correctly in Brooklyn and I personally would love for him to end his career back where it all started.
I’d be cool with it; I actually mentioned that in the NBA thread.

Based on what we saw the last few games of the Nets-Celts series, looks like Blake has a little bit left in the tank to contribute in limited minutes as a small-ball big.

I don’t think it should be an off-season priority for the Clippers, but if it kind of falls into place, great.

I’d be cool with it; I actually mentioned that in the NBA thread.

Based on what we saw the last few games of the Nets-Celts series, looks like Blake has a little bit left in the tank to contribute in limited minutes as a small-ball big.

I don’t think it should be an off-season priority for the Clippers, but if it kind of falls into place, great.
Fo Sho! Clippers Priority is to FIRE Jasen Powell! Do it Balmer!

not worth it i think because the teams defense is predicated by quick, long wings and while he could provide some spot up 3s here and there, he's just gon get abused on defense

i commend his effort in his short time against boston and i really hoped he could win them that game but every good thing he did on offense, brown gave it back and quite easily against him on the other end

i just dont want ty to become like doc and rely too heavily on veterans, really rather keep developing others young bucks, i know mann kind of wasted his opportunity to shine without pg and kawhi but i am hoping boston takes a leap forward with a year under his belt and get more burn

i think the team is good as is, maybe get a decent point gaurd (true pg) to slot in there in place of reggie if necessary, i know the team doesnt need a traditional pg when pg and kawhis in the game but it still wouldnt hurt to have a brunson or maxey type (remember when i said they shoulda tried and gotten maxey instead of kennard?)

Funny you guys should mention Blake. He’s been liking tweets about coming back to the clippers and tweets saying the nets should have played him more :lol:

I’d absolutely welcome him back with the good chance that he does nothing for us. He’s arguably one of the most impactful Clippers ever. Helped make us a real franchise.

The issue with the nets was nobody cared to play defense. Blake would be able to hide and his defensive IQ and effort would fit right in. Zubac and Hart already get picked on defensively. I wouldn’t mind Blake in a smaller lineup for a few minutes a game.

^^^ The Magic have an over abundance of guards who do the same things. I wouldn’t mind the FO making an inquiry about Markelle Fultz. His shooting is still erratic, but he can get to the basket and create. And still young.

*edit - I have no idea why the Magic might want Mook. Maybe “veteran leadership”, but also, they’re the Magic, so certainly capable of making bad deals for themselves.

Last edited:
4A3B8F01-0211-4018-AE20-CB95BC736CB1.jpeg

whose gon be on the move?

anyway they can trade for john collins? mook + luke should do it

collins can stretch the floor (37% at 3 last year) and they can continue to play small with him if needed

can they also trade their trade exception? because i think that just disappears if not used, no?

Reactions: HIM
I’m cool with picking up Wall via free agency off a buyout. I don’t have particularly high expectations for him, but seems like a low risk, potentially high reward move if it works out.

I’m cool with picking up Wall via free agency off a buyout. I don’t have particularly high expectations for him, but seems like a low risk, potentially high reward move if it works out.

The front office has done well with these types of moves in the last few years.

Reggie
Batum
Hartenstein

Wall is probably the most likely to be a “bust” but it’s low risk as you said.

the wall signing is great because its for cheap and it doesnt work out, he is senior reggies back up but if he is even above average then its a good addition and it also keeps him off another team that could use him on their roster that can go against the clips

looks like Zu agreed to a 3yr/$33m extension

Back
Top Bottom