***Official Los Angeles Dodgers 2024 Thread!*** 17-11. Boo that!!!!

It’s a crime to wire money to an illegal bookie to cover a betting debt in Ca. Thats why Ohtani’s lawyers are trying to make it seem like Ippei hacked his account.
Gotcha. Well, I can guarantee the CA AG ain't gonna file any charges against Shohei for it, so I doubt MLB will step in with no files charged and no direct connection between Shohei and any wagers.

Gotcha. Well, I can guarantee the CA AG ain't gonna file any charges against Shohei for it, so I doubt MLB will step in with no files charged and no direct connection between Shohei and any wagers.
The thing is it’s bigger than CA given it’s a fed case lol. The Feds don’t care about no damn Ohtani if he committed a crime.

The thing is it’s bigger than CA given it’s a fed case lol. The Feds don’t care about no damn Ohtani if he committed a crime.
How's it a federal case? It's CA state law re: gambling, and if the wire transfer didn't go state-to-state it would all be CA jurisdiction, wouldn't it? I don't see how feds would be involved unless it was a federal racketeering/tax hit on the bookie. Even then I wouldn't imagine someone as tertiary as Shohei is to all this would catch a charge.

How's it a federal case? It's CA state law re: gambling, and if the wire transfer didn't go state-to-state it would all be CA jurisdiction, wouldn't it? I don't see how feds would be involved unless it was a federal racketeering/tax hit on the bookie. Even then I wouldn't imagine someone as tertiary as Shohei is to all this would catch a charge.
The feds are investigating the bookie. It’s a fed case. Ohtani’s name came to the attention of the Feds based on the transactions.

The feds are investigating the bookie. It’s a fed case. Ohtani’s name came to the attention of the Feds based on the transactions.
It technically can be filed in both jurisdictions, but Feds may only care for the bookie and will defer to the State for their filing for the sports gambling. If anything it’s a fine and paper commit, he has no criminal history and any decent attorney can likely plea down since it’s not a violent crime.

Manfred has discretion on how much to punish/suspend Ohtani though.

If Ohtani wasn't with the Dodgers people would be more sympathetic and understand he was trying to help out a friend who has a gambling addiction.

But because he's with the "Evil Empire" folks want to hope he is a degenerate gambler who can't wait to get his next fix in after the game. Probably thinks about what boosted parlays to make during every at bat too.

Nasty work... :smh:

giphy.gif

I don't know about yall...

But I don't give not one damn about this and honestly if he played for any other team, I still wouldn't give a damn about this.

Just like Pete, Barry and Roid guys should be in the HOF.

People just like to try to act all uppity about dumb stuff.

Back
Top Bottom