***Official Los Angeles Dodgers 2024 Thread!*** 20-13. 7-2 road trip. ATL coming in town.

I'm loving the lack of announcers on this FS1 broadcast. Ambient ballpark sound is the best....

1000008832.gif

This might be an unconventional take. But I think it’s good that they’re struggling and not running away with everything like a lot of people expected. That whole clubhouse needs to face some adversity and be challenged. They don’t have any real vocal leaders. It’s a lot of lead by example guys. But they need some dogs in the clubhouse. Think that Kobe mentality after they lost to the Celtics in the 08 finals. That get back and finish the job at all costs mindset.

Like I’m not expecting them to be crying and sulking all offseason long. And maybe I’m overthinking postgame interviews, but they seemed way too complacent after some of those October meltdowns to teams they had no business losing to. That type of complacency makes me think a players manager isn’t the voice they need in that clubhouse.

Regular season wins and losses isn’t the criteria I would judge Dave Roberts off. They can go 85-77 every year for all I care if they deliver in October. Same way I’m not putting constant 100 win seasons on a pedestal when they’re constantly followed up by early October exits. But he should’ve at the very least been on the hot seat and put on notice after the 2022 NLDS meltdown that 100 win seasons aren’t an accomplishment if they aren’t followed up by deep October runs.

Back
Top Bottom