Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Angel Berroa stinks worse than my old high school gym socks, dude is garbage at the plate.

I agree whole-heartedly; but his defense has been a surprise (in a good way).
Nomar is off the DL tomorrow, so hopefully he'll resume the SSposition, but a stolen base and he covers second its a damn wrap for him
nerd.gif

Broxton starts the 9th with giving up a leadoff hit
sick.gif

nomar coming back tomorrow to play short.

blake, nomar, kent, loney.. is a GREAT infield.

jones going to the DL to make room on the roster with a "sore knee"

if we lose this tonight. ill be sad. like really sad.
like my cat died.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Angel Berroa stinks worse than my old high school gym socks, dude is garbage at the plate.

I agree whole-heartedly; but his defense has been a surprise (in a good way).
Nomar is off the DL tomorrow, so hopefully he'll resume the SS position, but a stolen base and he covers second its a damn wrap for him
nerd.gif

Broxton starts the 9th with giving up a leadoff hit
sick.gif

Yeah, I see his glove, but I don't see his bat
laugh.gif

His defense has been impressive.
Eveytime I see Garciaparra field a groundball, I get nervous that he's gonna pull something. "Glass-iaparra"
grin.gif

Damn, as I'm typing this, Broxton gives up 2 hits to the first 2 batters.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
It's just funny to me how Brox only pitch is a fastball.

Manny probably had to drop a deuce.

Originally Posted by TheZephyr777

32 PC, 1.1 INN, 3 HA, BBI, 2 K, 2 ER, S- Broxton is inconsistent.

Dude throws too many pitches every time out.

It seems like he rushes his pitches.

Did you guys see the Manny interview? How do people not love this guy?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
ah I turned off my tv already, what Manny say?

With broxton, he relies way too much on his heat to get him by, but when the league is expecting 95% fastballs at 92-98MPH; they learn to adjust.

If Utley's timing wasn't off on that hanging slider the game wudda been a wrapppppp.

If anyone believes this bullpen / closer is gonna take us to the promise land, please convince me somehow its possible.

Oh yeah, Mez what's good with your Mets? Haven't really kept up with them in a minute.

They asked him about his pending hair cut, and he said "we will see", then asked him how short he will go, with a response, "we will see"with a smile on his face.
laugh.gif

He looks like he's having fun out there.

Ok, so I was thinking before I knock out ... there should be something in a players contract, whom underperforms (by certain # gms, stats, etc) - is obligatedto fork over a 1/4 - 1/2 of their yearly paycheck to a donation of their choice or help out skid row by giving the people adequate shelter and food.

Case in point, Andruws 18 million, cut it in half by 9million, give the remaining 9 to help out all the homeless people, my goodness the streets of L.A wouldbe so much cleaner.

Yes, its pipe, but its ridiculous how players get away with robbery like this
laugh.gif

Just got back from game....Dodgers put on a good show, but the end got way too dramatic and close for my liking. Bullpen needs to find a better way to closeout the deal. Great game nonetheless...Had a lot of fun
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Nomar should be in the lineup tonight, he should bring a more consistent bat than Berroa.

Also, FrenchBlue isn't it your birthday today? If so, have fun celebrating and be safe
pimp.gif

HBD!

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Nomar should be in the lineup tonight, he should bring a more consistent bat than Berroa.

Also, FrenchBlue isn't it your birthday today? If so, have fun celebrating and be safe
pimp.gif

HBD!

Why yes it is, thank you for remembering
happy.gif

I'll be at the game tonight thanking the baseball Gods that Garciaparra will replace Berroa in the batting order.
pimp.gif

I'll be taking some pics this time, so I'll post them when I get back.

Thanks again for the Bday wishes bright nikes.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by jpap348

HBD FrenchBlue, hopefully the Dodgers can make it 2 in a row tonight

Thanks a lot man.
smile.gif

All I need to top it off is a Dodger win, and a Dbacks loss, for first place.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom