Official LOST thread - gone to NT heaven

Quote:
ALSO - one thing that really pisses me off that has never been re-touched on(one of the many i guess) is the final scene from season 2 with those two guys in antarctica(?) picking up that signal and contacting Penny.

If we can recall this is the FIRST AND ONLY instance of a present day scene not taking place on the island during the entire shows history.

but i bet they arent gonna go back to it at all, maybe season 3 will end with it somehow.

It was heavily rumored before the season even started, that they were going to show us an extended version of that scene. Hopefully it'll come true for the next Desmond flashback...

I'll tell you one thing, if it happens, it'll have a "time" twist to it...
wink.gif

4L8O15S16T23!42​

^ Maybe the boat in last weeks episode? When the Others are leaving the island to go to there "Home"
D's for never dirty, MC for mostly clean.

Screen caps from next week's preview:
happy.gif

Image11.jpg

Image13.jpg

Image12.jpg

Image10.jpg

Image9.jpg

I'll post the video when it hits YouTube.
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Episode tonight was pretty good, but not it's normal episode full of mysteries and even more questions being introduced. Next week looks like it's gonna be amazing.
4L8O15S16T23!42​

i dont understand how some of you are saying that people made conscious choices that lead to a series of events but then go on to say that it was fate that they are on the island...that makes absolutely no sense...fate and free will are mutually exclusive
i dont think jack made a conscious choice to go to australia..dude's dad died
<br>email me: okay.w0w@gmail.com<br>or aim: y0fallback

This episode was refreshing. No Libby though, NYKNICKS-your delivering like Ewing 90% of the time, just playin, its the old Bulls fan in me.

I really enjoyed laughing and not worrying about all the drama of this show. My favorite moments were the Hurley smack and "Skeletor."

Great episode becasue it was different.

Quote:
I hope the numbers do play a part. They're uber-creepy.

What's even weirder is that I see them in people's sigs all the TIME on here.

Quote:
not only a specific chain of events, but a series of events that each person consiously chose to take.

Good point about people actively making those decisions. Claire didn't have to listen to the psychic and Hurley could've listened to his father. The best word I can think of is "compel." It seems like each Lostie was compelled to make the choices they did, even if they didn't know why they were making those choices.

Quote:
I'll tell you one thing, if it happens, it'll have a "time" twist to it...
Image12.jpg

That screen looks exactly like the computer chess game I used to play as a kid in the 90's. My next move would be to take my right bishop up left so that it sits right next to his knight. I forgot exactly what moves I used, but I figured how to beah the muchine using a specific sequence of 10 or so moves, and it would always work.

Quote:
i dont understand how some of you are saying that people made conscious choices that lead to a series of events but then go on to say that it was fate that they are on the island...that makes absolutely no sense...fate and free will are mutually exclusive
i dont think jack made a conscious choice to go to australia..dude's dad died
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Me fail english? Thats unpossible. ~Ralph Wiggum
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

Oh this was a great episode. It was def the type of episode this season needed. just as it was starting a friend i was watching with was talking about how LOST used to have some humor in it and then we get a episode full of jokes.

the chemistry between sawyer and hurley is classic. i loved sawyers comment on skeletor.
If hates the gate to peace, this is the last stop.

Quote:
if the outcome is already determined then the fact that they make a choice is irrelevant isnt it?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will

Well, you don't need to read it (I didn't read most of it myself), but here are some interesting parts:

Quote:
Compatibilists maintain that determinism is compatible with free will.

Quote:
Some philosophers' views are difficult to categorize as either compatibilist or incompatibilist, hard determinist or libertarian. John Locke :pimp:
pimp.gif
, for example, denied that the phrase "free will" made any sense. He also took the view that the truth of determinism was irrelevant. He believed that the defining feature of voluntary behavior was that individuals have the ability to postpone a decision long enough to reflect or deliberate upon the consequences of a choice: "...the will in truth, signifies nothing but a power, or ability, to prefer or choose".[28] Similarly, David Hume :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Me fail english? Thats unpossible. ~Ralph Wiggum
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

who was the dude with the eyepatch that's on for next week? i don't recognize him at all.
Looking for:

Black/Cement III 2001 Retro, Size 9 or 9.5, USED (NOT DS or VNDS Condition)

PM me. NYC meetups preferred.

Last season (I think), Locke found another hatch and there were several surveillance monitors in there that showed different parts of the island. Sayid repaired them and one of the monitors showed the eyepatched man staring into the camera.
April 23 1848
Rebecca died of typhoid.

EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS DIED. MANY WAGONS FAIL TO MAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO OREGON. DO YOU WANT TO WRITE YOUR EPITAPH?

It's funny how much more enjoyable Lost is without the boring @#%$ "others". I'm really hoping this eye patch guy being introduced, has nothing to do with the others, kind of like Kelvin...

goldmember.jpg
From the
North to The South
To The East and the West
Bringing you the Best of the BS

Wasn't really feeling this episode.

Code:
                                  _     ___ #_~`--'__ `===-, `.`.     `#.,// ,_\_\     ## #\ `__.__    `####\      ~~\ ,###'~         \##'
Who Gon' Stop Us? ***TEAM GOONIES*** Not A Cot Damned One Of Ya!!!

Next weeks Episode will be HUGE.

It will finally give us the relationship of Dharma and the Others.

We will know "Patchy" name. Mikail or something like that.

And it is a Sayid centered episode.

His cat shows up somewhere on the island.

Also guys, Did anyone notice the A track player inside the van???

Why did they show an A track player???????

Think about it, lol

TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​
We Roll Deep​

Quote:
Last season (I think), Locke found another hatch and there were several surveillance monitors in there that showed different parts of the island. Sayid repaired them and one of the monitors showed the eyepatched man staring into the camera.
4L8O15S16T23!42
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS
Team DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch
"Toby Flenderson is everything that is wrong with the paper industry."​

I'm thinking Patchy is one of the last remaining actual Dharma Initiative employees, and I think he is still waiting for his co-worker, Roger, to get back from his beer run at the hatch.....if you catch my drift.
4L8O15S16T23!42​

WTH i'm just watching lost right now on west coast

and hugo's Mr. Cluck's is in DIAMOND BAR, the city i live in.... @#%$
if u were a burger at McDonald's you'd be McGorgeous​

Back
Top Bottom