Official LOST thread - gone to NT heaven

i watched this episode twice to make sure i didn't miss anything. the ending was awesome. my reaction :wow:
eek.gif
Quote:
but that he must be mistaken because the John Locke he knew was "para--".
paralyzed :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
became This leads to another theory. Sayid's imagination, influenced by his fear,as Mikhail stated was his weakness, somehow manifested itself in physical form. Just like Walt's imagination in season 1 about polar bears, which he saw on a comic book, was manifested when he was afraid. ( far out, i know, :tongue:
tongue.gif
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Blake, Camby, Diawara, Evans, Iverson, Johnson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Sampson, Smith​

Quote:
That's why Locke threw him into the sonic weapon. He wasn't sorry. Just like he said he didn't know about the C4. He did, but he blew the place up anyway. Why? Because Locke is taking out the hostiles one by one. ( i think...lol)

I didn't think it was too surprising that Mikhail knew about Locke's paralysis since we know by now that the Others have info on the Losties from before the crash.

It crossed my mind that Locke threw him into the sonic weapon on purpose. Based on what you said and what I've been observing, Locke isn't the idiot we make him out to be. There is something very unique and signficant about him but I'm not sure what, but there is definitely some plan or destiny he is following.

Quote:
The perimeter with sonic beams was stupid though. I mean, if you could just use some tree branches to get over, then what's the point??
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Me fail english? Thats unpossible. ~Ralph Wiggum
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

what you said about the eye shots was true. loads and loads of shots of eyes, and i just kept thinking that Claire's eyes are really nice! doubt it has any significance, more like a theme
Impossible is Nothing....

4L8O15S16T23!42​

its not theory about what locke is doin

its pretty simple he does not want to go home b/c he has nothing to go home to. So he is getting rid of anything that could help them go home.

In season 1 he was the only person to not care the raft was set on fire
he blew up the flame and i am sure that he knew it would blow up also
and that is why he ask ben for the SUB becuase he wants to blow it up

Like stop thinking so hard about the theories and just watch and enjoy the best show on tv

^ onlyXVbutHAVEallXIX, thanks.

Notice anything here.....
font.jpg
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

Quote:
its pretty simple he does not want to go home b/c he has nothing to go home to. So he is getting rid of anything that could help them go home.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

QUESTION:

Is it possible Locke gained some sort of power just like Desmond did after the explosion? I don't remember the show revealing what exactly happened to him after the explosion side effect wise. We know Desmond can see into the future...what if Locke is hiding some sort of power?
"Look, yes I have banged hundreds of broads, internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal two times cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation as a way of punishing supermodels."

Tman90, I don't know if they know the full story, but they seem to have extra info and they know the basic premise (at least nycknicks does).

moonmaster3, that's a good point. There were 3 in the hatch and Eko died. I don't know if others agree, but Locke has been acting very differently since the hatch imploded. He doesn't consult with anyone. He just acts on impulse, or at least it seems that way. This next episode should be good since it'll be about Locke.

TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

Quote:
Is it possible Locke gained some sort of power just like Desmond did after the explosion? I don't remember the show revealing what exactly happened to him after the explosion side effect wise. We know Desmond can see into the future...what if Locke is hiding some sort of power?

Yeah, this is what I've been thinking also. Locke probably got some kind of powers from the hatch also. I don't think it should only be limited to Desmond.

Quote:
i watched this episode twice to make sure i didn't miss anything. the ending was awesome. my reaction . and i need that avy. messedupboi, is it cool if i rip yours? thanks in advance
TEAM RAPTORS
TITANIC SURVIVORS

Quote:
moonmaster3, that's a good point. There were 3 in the hatch and Eko died. I don't know if others agree, but Locke has been acting very differently since the hatch imploded. He doesn't consult with anyone. He just acts on impulse, or at least it seems that way. This next episode should be good since it'll be about Locke.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Before, he was more on the "good" side. Now it seems like he's gone to the dark side. I mean, he's blatantly lying about things now. We STILL don't know why he took the C4 and why he decided to lie about it.
"Look, yes I have banged hundreds of broads, internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal two times cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation as a way of punishing supermodels."

This is a very very basic theory.

Desmond, as we know, can travel through time or hop between parallels of reality or something. Whatever he does in his non-island life is moot because he will always end up back at the island. The old woman at the jewelry store tells him that. Even when he tries to escape, he ends up back at the island and states "we're stuck in a bloody snowglobe" or something like that. However, what he does in his non-island life will still affect what happens in the future.

For example, in the Desmond-centric episode, he encounters Charlie, who was playing and singing in the streets. He comments on Desmond, saying "this is why we don't do drugs" or something like that. Maybe Charlie was never a drug addict after that encounter.

Desmond, who looks determined to get back to his non-island life, looks like he's planning something. That plan is to alter the lives of all the survivors in order to make them never get on that plane. However, as I stated, he knows he's going to end up at the island no matter what he does, which is why he tells Penelope about the island, where it is, what it is, stuff like that. He doesn't know the exact whereabouts, but he knows about the electromagnetic phenomena that will occur when he turns the key in the hatch, which is why he tells Penelope to set up some sort of outpost near the area (we know the island is somewhere between Australia and Antarctica) that can detect electromagnetic activity (season 2 finale). She's rich as hell and has the funds to set it up.

Desmond will try over and over again to make sure none of the survivors will crash on the island. When he accomplishes that, Penelope can now find him, and they can live together in peace. Desmond knows he can't have her in the real world because of Penelope's father. To go full circle, we remember the two corpses that were laying next to each other when they first find the cave (season 1). That is actually Penelope and Desmond who have lived there together, just that now there won't be any survivors to discover it.

Now nyknicks can come in and say "Nah son" to my theory lol.
4L8O15S16T23!42​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​
DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​
"I hate so much about the things you choose to be."​

^ Wow, your theory makes a lot of sense to me.

I can't get enough of this show and it keeps picking up. Can't wait for next weeks episode. Jack spiking the ball was up there with the Red Sox moment for me.

Since Day 1, I've always got the feeling that John Locke does not want to and will do anything possible to remain on the island.
4L8O15S16T23!42​

I like this theory:

Quote:
I'm watching "Solitary" while I work and it occured to me that Danielle might be telling the truth. Sayid spots Rousseau's jacket and it has her name on it, so at least we have some evidence that she might be telling the truth. Then she starts to tell the story and Sayid says "A research team with hunting rifles?" and she gives a look. So obviously she isn't telling the whole story but I now think she was telling the truth...somewhat.

She says she's never seen the Others and when they were heading back from the Black Rock, they came and brought the sickness. She then killed her whole team, and was alone for 2 months until she gave birth....a week later they came without her seeing them, and took her Alex.

Now why haven't we been shown a Danielle flashback? They keep pushing it back for unknown reasons because presumebly it will reveal too much, or will it?

I think that the others that are infected with the sickness, the ones that took her baby, are the other Others. The savage ones that haven't been introduced yet, the ones that have been hinted at for so long that are worse than the monster, the ones that live in the jungle, the ones that Ben's group pretends to be. It is rumored that they live underground, perhaps in the subterrainian passages, and will be revealed soon. This is why Danielle hasn't had a flashback yet and won't until season 4, they have to introduce this group.

So this is what happened. Danielle and co come to the island, dig out their shelter, and make it to the Black Rock. Her team gets infected by the other Others with the sickness that Ben's group (and Kelvin) doesn't seem to care about, and she kills them all. Two months later, they sneak up on her via the subterrainian passages, and kidnap Alex.

Anyway, this savage group could be the "bad" others which would make Ben's group the "good" others. At some point, according to my theory, Ben's group kidnapped Alex from the savages because they are trying to do the right thing. Why didn't they encounter Danielle's team before the sickness, why didn't they give the baby back to Danielle?

Danielle's team wasn't on the list, they were flawed. They didn't give the baby back to Danielle because she had killed her entire team and was seemingly crazy, perhaps they didn't know about the sickness?

One final thought on this....the radio tower. Why do Ben's group allow the transmission to play for 16 years? Danielle said it herself "they control it now"...but the "they" she is talking about are the other Others, the savages. Besides, why does Ben's group need the radio tower when they have the Flame?

For that matter, has the transmission been disrupted ever since the sky turned purple?

EDIT: I just thought of this while watching "All The Best Cowboys have Daddy Issues"....maybe Ethan really did let Charlie go, well just knocked him out and left him in the jungle...maybe the savages hung him up hence Ethan's lack of surprise in "Homecoming" of him being alive and well.

Paying attention to Mikhail's conversation with Kate,
you can gather there is a higher being in control
of what is going on. It also appears that characteristics
and personalities determine who they want (who is on the list).

There must be a reason, as to why this group
needs certain people (I'm guessing their abilities)
Maybe Desmond's premonition, maybe Jack has
some power, Walt's power, etc. They could
possibly be needed to reach a goal (Hanso research?)

All the "weaknesses" of Sayid, and Kate might
prevent progress. And as Mikhail also said,
the people on the list will KNOW why they are needed.
This leads me to believe the Others, or whoever is
in control, is not malicious. Maybe only some
people willing to open their eyes can help.

This is just my theory... which is most likely
wrong, right nyknicks?
aim: SCRILLA SAN
email: sankoses@gmail.com

^^

Word. that theory made sense. but ofcourse
it could be shut down so quickly as with any
theory. but that's a good one considering
the importance of dessy.
aim: SCRILLA SAN
email: sankoses@gmail.com

ok, to help everyone formulate theories, here are a few questions to focus on, while addressing specific plot details.

1. Was the plane crash a pre-planned event ( carried out by Dharma or Widmoor Industries) or was it simply an accident resulting from Desmond not pressing the button in the hatch on time.

2. Did the Others know who the losties were prior to the crash or did they learn about them after they crashed?

3. Are the connections between each lostie coincidental or do they all share something in common.

4. If they share something in common, is it vital for their presence on the island?

5. Is the island located in the real world, in real time? Or is it fictional, an altered state, out of time.

6. Does the island itself impart things on the losties such as Locke's ability to walk, and Bernard's wife's cancer cured, or is it something else? Is the black smoke, polar bears, chain dragging mechanism( which almost dragged Locke into a hole in season 1) part of the island structure or are they adaptable manifestations which represent something or are a reflection of the losties?

7. Who are the various groups on the island????????????

Lostiess, Others, Hostiles, Dharma, Desmond, Rousseau, etc

8. What is the purpose of the flashbacks? Are they real, altered, implanted, or completely fake?

9.What is the significance of losties meeting in their past? Is it coincidental, or something much more?

10. Is there any signs of the outside world?

11. How does Penny know to look for electro-magnetic pulses? Where exactly is that station which detected the pulse?

12. Is there an active experiment being conducted by Dharma? Or is their presence on the island ended after the so called 'incident'.

lol, i thought i just had 5 basic questions. oh well, i think this is a macroscopic look at LOST and it should help relate specific theories to the much larger PICTURE

TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Blake, Camby, Diawara, Evans, Iverson, Johnson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Sampson, Smith​

Quote:
ils.

1. Was the plane crash a pre-planned event ( carried out by Dharma or Widmoor Industries) or was it simply an accident resulting from Desmond not pressing the button in the hatch on time.

2. Did the Others know who the losties were prior to the crash or did they learn about them after they crashed?

You can already assume that the Others knew everything about the losties before the crash. In some of the flashbacks it was evident that Dharma was responsible for significant things in their life. Also, all the times we see the losties bumping into each other and not knowing it.

Quote:
5. Is the island located in the real world, in real time? Or is it fictional, an altered state, out of time.

It's in the real world. 1) Ben was able to watch the MLB games. 2)Season finale of last season I believe was the one where 2 dudes in the South Pole? located the location of the island.

Quote:

3. Are the connections between each lostie coincidental or do they all share something in common.

4. If they share something in common, is it vital for their presence on the island?

6. Does the island itself impart things on the losties such as Locke's ability to walk, and Bernard's wife's cancer cured, or is it something else? Is the black smoke, polar bears, chain dragging mechanism( which almost dragged Locke into a hole in season 1) part of the island structure or are they adaptable manifestations which represent something or are a reflection of the losties?

7. Who are the various groups on the island????????????

Lostiess, Others, Hostiles, Dharma, Desmond, Rousseau, etc

8. What is the purpose of the flashbacks? Are they real, altered, implanted, or completely fake?

9.What is the significance of losties meeting in their past? Is it coincidental, or something much more?

10. Is there any signs of the outside world?

11. How does Penny know to look for electro-magnetic pulses? Where exactly is that station which detected the pulse?

12. Is there an active experiment being conducted by Dharma? Or is their presence on the island ended after the so called 'incident'.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

Quote:
What is the significance of losties meeting in their past? Is it coincidental, or something much more?

"There's nothing you can't do if you have a Swiss Army Knife, a roll of duct tape, and your wits."~~~ MacGyver​

4L8O15S16T23!42​

i just read the spoilers for tomorrow show and :wow:
eek.gif
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
4L8O15S16T23!42

Back
Top Bottom