Official LOST thread - gone to NT heaven

I actually felt bad that Tom was killed. Not only did he spare their lives when Ben told them to kill the 3 Losties, but he also surrendered. However, if they kept him as prisoner, they would probably regret it down the road.
Real eyes realize real lies!

Absolutely great season finale. In typical Lost fashion, it opens up more questions and leaves me wanting more. I wish every Lost episode was 2 hours long.

Charlie jumped way up in my book and I thought he ditched the weak character and was really good in this episode. Shame that it normally happens to characters that leave. I think Mikhail has to be dead too.

A couple of things that got me thinking:

1. Alex said to Ben "Why can't we let them leave?" and Ben responded "Because I can't." Is there a higher power here that is not allowing it? Are the Losties needed to stay on the Island? And I think Ben is speaking the truth about the fact that they are not the bad people, that they are good and that those coming to the island are the bad guys per say.

2. I think there are two Widemores working here. I think Penny has strayed from her father and is trying to find Desmond to reunite. I think her father is the one behind Naomi, hence the picture of Desmond and Penny. I think she was sent to invade the Losties and Others possibly.

3. In regards to the funeral. I'm thinking either Sawyer as a possible candidate in the casket. Said that niether family or friends showed. Sawyer didn't have any family remaining (with the exception of the girl he conned and their child) and since he was a con man and always on the move, he prolly didnt have many, if any friends.

I think someone said it before, but looks like next season sets up for the introduction of another group (possibly led by Widemore). And I think that the Losties and Others essentially will join together, with Ben explaining more and more to the others.

I've got to watch it again, but I can't wait till February for new episodes.
4L8O15S16T23!42​

there wasn't a preview after the episode
Pain? Yes, of course. Racing without pain is not racing. But the pleasure of being ahead outweighed the pain a million times over. To hell with the pain. What's six minutes of pain compared to the pain they're going to feel for the next six months or six decades. You never forget your wins and losses in this sport.
Holy Cross Rowing
4L8O15S16T23!42​

So....are we keeping this thread alive for 8 months???......or will we start a new one when season 4 comes around??
"And I'm....CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us."

4L8O15S16T23!42​

Has anyone else wondered what the point of having Kate all done up was? No real need to do that unless there is a reason. Otherwise it's just a waste of money on the show.
Wanted: Size 13/14 Huarache Lights and rare Huarache Bursts​
TeamEagles
In FIVE I trust​

Quote:
Has anyone else wondered what the point of having Kate all done up was? No real need to do that unless there is a reason. Otherwise it's just a waste of money on the show.

She's a chick in the real world, so, she had her makeup all done up.

I guess to add to the effect of seeing how different it is people being off the island and back at home.

Jack night/day on the island/home.

Kate night/day on the island/home.

Just for visual purposes, I guess.

Quote:
Has anyone else wondered what the point of having Kate all done up was?
less after being on the island.

I dunno, just a thought as I wrestle with that episode.
Team Geriatric #2:
"KIDS THESE DAYS!"
(shakes fist at America's youth)

Quote:
She's a chick in the real world, so, she had her makeup all done up.
Wanted: Size 13/14 Huarache Lights and rare Huarache Bursts​
TeamEagles
In FIVE I trust​

You know what I just realized, Kate isn't in jail. I wonder if they gave her a pardon.
LOS ANGELES LAKERS

Quote:
OD makeup. And considering you never saw her in makeup before the island, why should she be in makeup now?

Don't overthink it bro. Like the other guy said, they just wanted to show that she's changed. I didn't think they OD'ed on her make up...so i guess it's all up to opinion. I want to have sex with her though.

Quote:
I want to have sex with her though.
tissue.gif
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
Maybe. It was just weird to see her in makeup when she never had been before.

I dunno.

Maybe because she's been on the run in most of her flashbacks, there was no point of the makeup, as she rather blend in rather than stand out.

But, in this flash forward, maybe she's free, or on the up and up.

At the end when Jack's talking to Kate that he's tired of lying...
What is he lying about? the death of the other survivors that was in his hands?

Also they gave a nice shot on Kate's Volvo's license plate.."4QKD695" wondering if theres any significance to that.

Quote:
actually felt bad that Tom was killed. Not only did he spare their lives when Ben told them to kill the 3 Losties, but he also surrendered. However, if they kept him as prisoner, they would probably regret it down the road.

Was it really Tom that spared them? I got the impression from one his exhanges later with one of the other Others that Tom really wanted to kill them and it was Ben that ordered them not to. I remember the exchange going something like this:

Other: We were just following orders. Ben told us ...
Tom: Ben is slipping. We should have killed them.

Am I remembering this correctly?

Quote:
At the end when Jack's talking to Kate that he's tired of lying...

I read this on another board.

Some other guy's theory for the rest of Lost.

Quote:
So it might be implied that other people got off the island, and that Jack is unhappy simply because he is no longer a leader of men, but I don't think it's that simple. He's really determined to go back (the maps) and he doesn't say "I need to go back," to Kate, he says "WE need to go back"

We know the people on the freighter are somehow nefarious, that they want the island for personal gain or something of that sort. I'm speculating that these people offer Jack a deal: if he, as the leader of the Losties, stands down and doesn't resist the takeover, they will let him and one other person of his choosing go home.

By then, Jack finds out that Kate is pregnant, and though he would never abandon his people, he takes the deal to save Kate's life. They go home, the incident is covered up, and Kate has her kid while Jack spirals into depression because he left his friends behind. So now the show alternates between the coming of the freighter people and Jack and Kate off of the island, trying to find their way back to save all those that were left behind.
:wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Quote:
"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue. Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft. Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room. According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son. Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

Quote:
So....are we keeping this thread alive for 8 months???......or will we start a new one when season 4 comes around??
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
4L8O15S16T23!42

New Thread should start with the New season.
DODGERS
#15, #9, #5, #12, #26, #55, #10, #16​
TeamLakers
S.O.S. - KG, JO, KIDD​

Yo, Jacks dad has been alive since they landed on the island. Anyone else remember the first season where Jack sees his dad on the beach, then goes back to his casket and it is empty. I cant remember when it was, but it had to be the first few episiodes. I sure at the time, the writers didnt really know what they are doing, and now they are tying that part in.

Just my opinion...
Poppaduke7@aol.com - Jaybone2315Drexel University Class of '08.
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
All the way from the East​

I have only read Alice in Wonderland. Has anyone read Through the Looking Glass? I wonder if there are correlations like Ben is Henry Gale in Wizard of Oz

Quote:

I think it was done just to show the incongruous nature of Jack and Kate's life, post-island. In Kate's flashbacks, she seldomly wore makeup (only time I remember her wearing it is when she robbed the bank in AZ). She looked well put-together, and it seemed as if her life was going great. She was married, had a nice car, and looked clean. Jack's life, however, spiraled downwards. Always clean-cut, shaved, and professional before, now he's a total wreck, a drunk, and on the brink of taking his own life.

Kate was a wanted fugitive so something must've happened to change the future, because she didn't seem hectic like she was in her past. Also, the old Kate isn't the type to have a cellphone. She was a nomadic and was tough to get a hold of, but now, she obviously has a phone, and seemingly ignores some of Jack's calls. Simply put, she didn't seem like a fugitive, and appeared to be enjoying her life.

Quote:
Some other guy's theory for the rest of Lost.
4L8O15S16T23!42
TEAMNEWYORKMETS
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch
"You know what? I would love to buy you a fresh set of underwear." - Michael Scott​

Back
Top Bottom