**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

Please just be something close to what he was spitting like on the Poor Decisions song, a whole album like that would just be :smokin

I wanna get excited so bad but after the last 2 albums I cant get with it.

I hear you. Last album was ok and lost its replay value for me quickly. Lasers was just trash.

I like what I see from this track lyrically. I can't wait to hear the actually track.

Feel bad for not feeling geeked about this.

Its ehh..... pretty sure itll get pushed back.

F&L2 was a disappointment to me. Lasers was waayyyy better.

F&L2 was a disappointment to me. Lasers was waayyyy better.

To each their own but Lasers outside of like 4 songs is un-listenable. F & L 2 was weak towards the end but it had more than a handful of really good tracks.

To me Lasers doesn't even exist. Its like what Nastradamus means to me in Nas' discography.

New Lupe Project coming September 13th!!

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...-reveals-peace-of-paper-cup-of-jayzus-project

Lupe Fiasco makes his second project announcement of 2013, a release seemingly inspired by Jay Z and Kanye West.

Lupe Fiasco made an announcement regarding his forthcoming material yesterday (August 4), saying he's working on another new project, Peace Of Paper/Cup Of Jayzus, which will apparently be released September 13.

The Chicago rapper announced a change to his future releases in February. Lupe was working on Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album Pt 2, but switched to a new project, Tetsuo & Youth. After the 2013 Grammy Awards, a member from Lupe's camp tweeted the message, “Hello. #LF is happy to announce his album title for 2013. ‘TETSUO & YOUTH’ We Wish You Good Luck @ #TheGrammies Today. Thank You.”

The title of the new project seems to take inspiration from Kanye West's Yeezus and Jay Z's Magna Carta Holy Grail.

Along with the project announcement, Lupe Fiasco released a series of notes, which, may be lyrics from the future release. There is no word yet if Peace Of Paper/Cup Of Jayzus is a mixtape or retail release, and whether or not POP/COJ will replace Tetsuo & Youth.

Check out the lyrics Lupe released on Sunday.

Sometimes Dreams, peace of paper I got reams,
Where the D go? , put that on a rose and now you
Pronounce it hero, U see?

:x :x :x

"Peace of Paper/Cup of JAYZUS"

Peace of Paper = Magna Carta
Cup of JAYZUS = Holy Grail

I could see it being a mixtape over beats from that and Yeezus

going in over some of the production on yeezus & MCHG would definitely be tough :smokin

i need some new lu x soundtrakk collabs too :nerd:

Last edited:
If he goes on over Yeezus beats, you may as well put most of Lasers on a loop
roll.gif

Lupe on Blood on the Leaves and Guilt Trip??!

I'm definitely ready to hear this.

Last edited:
wasn't feeling #dopefrancis... im not a big fan of when lupe goes in over those techno sounding / inspired beats :\

SLR 2 was tough though :smokin that's the type of lupe track i can keep on replay.

1:05-1:12 he is doing B.O.B.'s style
1:13-1:27 he is doing T.I.'s style
1:45 to 1:57 he is doing Jay-Z's style
1:57-2:20 he is doing Drake's style
2:20-2:40 he is doing 2 Chainz style
2:40-2:55 he is doing Lil Wayne's style

I bet Lupe was super salty that Kendrick didn't even mention him on Control. Lupe had been doing nothing but praising Kendrick too lmao.

I bet Lupe was super salty that Kendrick didn't even mention him on Control. Lupe had been doing nothing but praising Kendrick too lmao.

I think he definitely felt some kind of way that he wasn't mentioned. :smh: at these rappers who were not mentioned taking that verse way too seriously.

Back
Top Bottom