**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

my opinion is that while it does have more of a pop influence than i prefer.. he's still talking about something..

lasers, if my memory serves me correctly was pop but he also wasn't speaking on anything of any importance.. it was just bad
Listen to it again...he certainly was speaking on the same **** he always speaks on. It was just trash.

This isn't much better to me.
if it means anything, i listened to lasers once i never wanted to hear it again..

i've listened to fl2 four times already and i wanna keep listening.

i like the album off the first 2 listens. way better than Lasers. not sayin much

gonna spin it in the whip tomorrow

after listening to this CD since last week and picking up my physical copy today, the only tracks i skip on the regular are audubon ballroom, heat donor, and how dare you. will prob. delete those track, add 'go to sleep' and call it a day

overall, i'd give the album a solid 4/5 mostly because i had such low expectations after lasers. i could do without some of the forced social commentary but the production and lyrics are there for the most part.

in the rank of lupe albums tho i'd take the cool > FL > FL2 >>>>>>>>> lasers

after listening to this CD since last week and picking up my physical copy today, the only tracks i skip on the regular are audubon ballroom, heat donor, and how dare you. will prob. delete those track, add 'go to sleep' and call it a day

overall, i'd give the album a solid 4/5 mostly because i had such low expectations after lasers. i could do without some of the forced social commentary but the production and lyrics are there for the most part.

in the rank of lupe albums tho i'd take the cool > FL > FL2 >>>>>>>>> lasers

Just an FYI for everyone wondering, Go to Sleep is apparently available as a bonus track on the deluxe version on iTunes

Better than lasers for sure. And like some said, the first half is :smokin but dwindles down after in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Systematic brokeness...

Brokeness though...
laugh.gif

Picked up the physical copy yesterday. Yet to listen to it all the way through about 4 songs in. When lazers came out i basically kept about 4 songs....added Go to Sleep and I'm beaming....add it with Enemy of the State....and BAM a great Lupe release lol.

Good to hear i wont have to hodgepodge together Friend of the People with F&L2 to get something good out of it.

Yup it's still
F&L, The Cool, F&L2...............................................................................................................................................................................Lasers

I knew this album was gonna be serious when Lu got his sister to do the intro again :smokin

Strange Fruition is such a great track... Easily one of my favorites off the album. From there all the way to Put Em Up the album is fire. Its gets a little mainstream with a couple of the tracks after that... I can do without Heart Donor & How Dare You. Battle Scars & Brave Heart were ok... Battle Scars did grow on me though. The album definitely picks up from there though & closes out strong.

Overall F&L2 definitely delivered & I see myself playing this for awhile :smokin

The general consesus appears to be a step up from "Lasers" and right below "The Cool." That is good enough to get me to buy at least.

That's a good way to put it. Like someone said above me, the concept of the Cool is what makes it hard to match but FL2 is just a solid hiphop album all around.

I think people got caught up in the fact that this wouldn't be like Lasers and because of it have rated it higher than it should be. Listened to it once and won't bother giving it another spin. Most of the album is skippable and its because of the content. Unlike F&L 1 and The Cool, Lupe was creative with his lyrics, but on this it just feels like he's preaching on a soapbox in the booth.
my thoughts exactly. I do give props to the lyricism because that is his strong suit, but most of the album is just meh. I like ITAL and BAd ***** but the rest |I

Truth might still be alive like true and false
That's why I never really trust unless it's Lu endorsed
Sponsored by me and of course you know who enforced

Now that's three mi's (me's), like you warming up your vocal chords
Add a fourth if your vocals hoarse
Like Mister Ed
Get out of pocket have a horse's head in your bed
Now that's what I call a good night's rest

Lasers wasn't really sponsored or enforced by him. I know he mentions it a few more times.

btw had to include the second half up there. The way he strings each line into the next is just :x

Last edited:
Album gets two thumbs up from me. Maybe 3-4 weak tracks on there, but the rest is solid. Lupe delivered with this one

"now out the soup du jour for you and yours, might find sushi for your soul, we call that moving raw" :x :pimp:

Cold War is so dope through and through. Such a deep song

Back
Top Bottom