[ OFFICIAL Mac Miller Thread ] Best Day Ever MixTape DROPS 3.11.11

Its kind of messed up that Arianna hasn't posted anything remembering Mac yet. His other ex has posted about him.
https://people.com/music/mac-miller-ex-girlfriend-nomi-leasure-honors-rapper-after-death/

**** her...

Swimming sounded like he had moved past that . Actually sounded happy and at peace,IMO.

Saw him on the come up at a small club in Colorado Springs that holds maybe 70people. 2011 I think . The dude sold out Red Rocks last 4/20 that holds a few thousand but the bands(Beatles,Stones,Nas, etc) that have passed through make it more impressive .

I’m 30 and this is the first guy from my era 06-2013 that I’ve actually cared about and lost . I actually thought it was a hoax at first but nope . Mac wasn’t the best MC but progressed as a musician and artist . He’s got an impressive list of guest features and being featured on . Legit dudes in the game ****ed with him on his come up and after making it .

Going to miss the dude,his music, and progression as an artist .

RIP

Last edited:
Usually celeb deaths don’t move me much, but this one still has me bummed out. Weird.

Gotta say, it’s pretty dope to see the outpouring of kind words from all the folks in the music industry. You get the sense that he was well-liked by a WIDE array of artists, and not just for his music.

Mac’s passing really bummed me out. I’ve got A lotta happy memories associated with his music, and that of his close peers. (Curren$y, Wiz, Big Sean, etc.) Spun Swimming a couple times upon release and I really enjoyed it. It’s very well put together. I was really looking forward to catching him on tour this time around. :frown:

Curren$y played Mac’s verse from Money Shot last night. One of his coldest :smokin

RIP Easy Mac

Usually celeb deaths don’t move me much, but this one still has me bummed out. Weird.

Gotta say, it’s pretty dope to see the outpouring of kind words from all the folks in the music industry. You get the sense that he was well-liked by a WIDE array of artists, and not just for his music.
Same. This has hit me hard, I've been down since saturday. I was a big fan since the beginning. And his personality made me even a bigger fan of him.

We will miss you Malcolm :frown: RIP

I’ve been listening to his catalogue this entire week, still can’t believe he’s gone.

Yeah I ran through all his albums this week, too. It’s such a juxtaposition hearing his dope music and then remembering that dude isn’t here anymore.

I’ll say this: listening to all his stuff, his evolution as an artist reminds me of OutKast. Obviously Kast is on another level, but Mac had a rare ability to explore a new sound/direction and not have it seem corny or forced. OutKast continually reinvented their sound album after album, to the point that you had no clue what to expect next. Mac was similar, IMO.

Also, after listening to Swimming a ton more this week, it’s a MFing masterpiece. Front to back that **** is perfect.

As others have stated, I have been re-listening to macs mixtapes and albums over the last week and my opinion is that macadelic is phenomenal. Not usually a fan of all the features but he had kendrick, Wayne, mikey, Joey badass and veggies on this. Even though we never met, him growing up 15 minutes from me, my kids and I frequenting blue slide park and having events at alderdice definitely mean a little more now a days

Back
Top Bottom