OFFICIAL: Manny Pacquiao v.s. Joshua Clottey - Saturday March 13th, Dallas Cowboys Stadium, Tehas

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Originally Posted by LakeShow24k

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Mayweather: Pacquiao Got Exposed as One-Dimensional

Floyd Mayweather Jr. was one of the many people who watched MannyPacquiao retain his WBO welterweight title on Saturday night with atwelve round unanimous decision over Joshua Clottey. Pacquiao dominatedthe action for twelve full rounds. Even with the dominatingperformance, Mayweather was not impressed. He thought Pacquiao wasexposed as a one-dimensional fighter by Clottey. He promised to givethe fans a much better action-packed fight against Shane Mosley on May1.

“I think Pacquiao gave the fans a boring fight. He waspunching his arms for all 12 rounds. At least when you watch FloydMayweather you know you’ll be seeing non-stop action for 30 minutesstraight and that’s what you’ll see on May 1st," Mayweather told CageReport.

"Personally, I think Pacquiao got exposed in that fightfor being one-dimensional. You can have all [the] offense ability inthe world but with no defense you’re not going to last long against agood counter puncher such as myself. Look at the way Clottey wasgetting through, each time he threw something it landed. Then at theend Pacquiao’s was all busted up, when’s the last time you’ve seen myface all messed up like that? That’s the difference between an amateurand a true pound for pound boxer.

Originally Posted by OLD SCHOOL

Originally Posted by kix4kix

If Mayweather stans actually knew something about boxing it wouldn't be so annoying
Couldn't agree more.
indifferent.gif
so fans of the most technical fighter of our generation dont know anything about boxing. But a glorified brawler fans are so much smarter.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I think people are taking Mayweather's comments a little too seriously. Obviously he's going to discredit Pac, he's done it to every fighter he's fought since Gatti, maybe even earlier. He's just trying to sell his own fight. However, I think if Mayweather beats Mosley it will further make him think that Pac will have to give in to the blood testing because the Money/Mosley PPV will do 1,000,000+ buys and I don't think the Pac/Clottey one will have done close to that, but then again I could be wrong. Mayweather will feel like he has all the bargaining power for the Pac fight if he beats Mosley, especially if he does it in convincing fashion which I think he will do.

Money is just hyping his fight. Why do people think this is something new. He is going to try to make it so this is a must watch fight, so he gets more buys. Its a business maaaaaaaaaaaan. If he gets more buys and beats Mosley then he has all the leverage when it comes to Pac/May negotiations point blank period. Plus the man is just that cocky he makes everyone that he fights hate him and that makes for much better fights. This aint Kindergarten where you gotta be friends with everyone.

I was kinda pissed that after every round Clotty made a point to dap up Pac like they was boys. I have no problem with you having respect for the guy, but during the fight? C'mon son, save that for after the fight. Dude looked a combination of Star Struck and Scared the whole fight.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

kix4kix wrote:
If Mayweather stans actually knew something about boxing it wouldn't be so annoying
Couldn't agree more.
indifferent.gif
so fans of the most technical fighter of our generation dont know anything about boxing. But a glorified brawler fans are so much smarter.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

The Mayweather stans on this board are an embarrassment period. I myself am a fan of Mayweather, but respect what I am witnessing in Pacquiao. There is a group of Mayweather supporters that seem to talk completely out of their $#$ everytime in these boxing topics. I am aware that there are Pacquiao fans here that aren't necessarily the most knowledgable, but as a fan of Mayweather I find myself smh when ever I read Mayweather stans replies. How does being a stan of the most technical fighter automatically give you boxing knowledge btw?  

The Mayweather stans on this board are an embarrassment period. I myself am a fan of Mayweather, but respect what I am witnessing in Pacquiao. There is a group of Mayweather supporters that seem to talk completely out of their $#$ everytime in these boxing topics. I am aware that there are Pacquiao fans here that aren't necessarily the most knowledgable, but as a fan of Mayweather I find myself smh when ever I read Mayweather stans replies. How does being a stan of the most technical fighter automatically give you boxing knowledge btw?  
QFT.

some of these pacman and mayweather fans are just as bad as their haters too

Pac should just fight the winner of May/Mosley or just retire. What else is out there that's not a joke/worthwhile?

Originally Posted by franchise3

Pac should just fight the winner of May/Mosley or just retire. What else is out there that's not a joke/worthwhile?
Isn't that what he said when Kellerman interviewed him?

But I wouldn't mind seeing him take on Edwin Valero if Valero moved up.

I dunno about Valero going all the way up to 147 though. Gotta see how he looks at 140. Unless you're saying Manny moves back down to 140. Which I think he should. Ton of great fights can be made there.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

If pacman stans actually knew something about boxing it wouldn't be so annoying

Define " Pacman Stans " ...because i consider myself a Pacman fan, i enjoyed watching his fights and stuff.. i don't consider myself a boxing head but i dont mind giving my own opinions based from watching him fight..

Am i a " Stan " ? ...It seemed like people should be a boxing head first before they can comment on this judging by your stupid comment..

Stans who blindly call Mayweather a coward, and state how old he is, as the two first reasons as to why Pacman will "demolish" Mayweather.
If you are going to come with legitamate facts than fine I will listen, and even carry on a decent argument. I don't usually talk boxing on NT, but off NT these stans are getting too much to bear. If pacman fans really think that destroying Catto or Clottey is impressive (if you even consider the fights real fights in the first place). Mayweather is not getting knocked out by Pacman point blank. Anyone who watches boxing will tell you the same, Mayweather knows this, and deep down I am sure even Pacman knows this....

As far as being a stan, I don't even know you, but judging by how quick you were to take the defensive I am going to guess yes 
wink.gif

laugh.gif
kix4kix wrote:

Define " Pacman Stans " ...because i consider myself a Pacman fan, i enjoyed watching his fights and stuff.. i don't consider myself a boxing head but i dont mind giving my own opinions based from watching him fight..

Am i a " Stan " ? ...It seemed like people should be a boxing head first before they can comment on this judging by your stupid comment..

Stans who blindly call Mayweather a coward, and state how old he is, as the two first reasons as to why Pacman will "demolish" Mayweather.
If you are going to come with legitamate facts than fine I will listen, and even carry on a decent argument. I don't usually talk boxing on NT, but off NT these stans are getting too much to bear. If pacman fans really think that destroying Catto or Clottey is impressive (if you even consider the fights real fights in the first place). Mayweather is not getting knocked out by Pacman point blank. Anyone who watches boxing will tell you the same, Mayweather knows this, and deep down I am sure even Pacman knows this....

As far as being a stan, I don't even know you, but judging by how quick you were to take the defensive I am going to guess yes 
wink.gif

..then you got the nerve to call me a stan? ...LOL

Ok buddy!

wink.gif
Destroying Clottey?  Not impressive since Clottey didn't even try.
Destroying Cotto?  Very much impressive.  Did he come with the wrong game plan?  Sure.  But even when he tried to outbox him it didn't work.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

wink.gif
Destroying Cotto?  Very much impressive.  Did he come with the wrong game plan?  Sure.  But even when he tried to outbox him it didn't work.
Cotto is an ok fighter, and Clottey LOST to Cotto.
The fight against cotto was boring to say the least. Impressive is the last word that comes to mind IMO.

At the end of the day it boils down to two camps. The camp that amps up Pacman, and the camp that Amps up Mayweather. I am not claiming objectivity here, and neither should anyone else. At the end of the day I am a Mosley fan always have been. I honestly think Mosley can beat them both.

On a side note, I think Mayweather plays the "villain" role perfectly. People will buy tickets and PPVs to see him lose. I don't recall a fighter in recent history who has been like that. Like I hate John Ruiz, but I ain't paying money to watch him lose, but I have friends that watch every Money fight hoping he gets rocked.

laugh.gif
 at these people saying pac will demolish mayweather c'mon now it anit gonna b a wipeout, it would go 12 w/ mayweather winning a close descion, great defense+power/counter/biggerman > great brawler

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

wink.gif
Cotto is an ok fighter, and Clottey LOST to Cotto.
The fight against cotto was boring to say the least. Impressive is the last word that comes to mind IMO.

At the end of the day it boils down to two camps. The camp that amps up Pacman, and the camp that Amps up Mayweather. I am not claiming objectivity here, and neither should anyone else. At the end of the day I am a Mosley fan always have been. I honestly think Mosley can beat them both.
A boring fight against Cotto?  Like, really?  If that's your assumption then fine but that's the fault of Cotto for running away from rounds 5-12.  But if Pac/Cotto was boring then what was PBF/JMM? 

^ an absolute beatdown

cotto/pac was entertaining for the first 4, but pac ran away w/ it after that and i dont blame cotta for being "on the run" for rounds 5-12, he wasnt gonna recover from the huge blows he took and to me was tryin to survive at least for the fans

to the average person these fights seem boring b/c everyone wants to see two guys destroy themselves, but it doesnt always work out that way, u gotta remember boxing is a game-like sport too not just a slugfest

LOL @ discrediting Pac's W's against Cotto and Clottey. Salty much?

Dudes really calling the Cotto fight boring? Even the first 5 rds?

I'm DONE
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom