Official Mayweather vs. Mosley Thread: Legacy Defining

Only since we don't see this often
wink.gif

9puf5s.gif

That article is making the exact same points that I was earlier.

Don't know if he would beat Tommy though.

I could def see another "No Mas" type performance against Duran tho. Style makes fights and that level of slick boxing, speed, agility, crisp counter punching and mental warfare would frustrate El Cholo 100 times out of 100.

Floyd vs Sugar Ray.....*Ric Flair* wwwoooooo *Ric Flair*

Ultimate game of high speed chess. Leonard would probably win by SD. But that would have to be a trilogy.

Floyd gets knocked out by Hitman
He dont mix it up enough to thrwart Hearns assault. Ray had enough O to back Tommy down.

Floyd Beats Duran, bad match up plays out just like Leonard/Duran II

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

So a blood test 14 days before and immediately right after the fight not sufficient enough?

QFT...

I mean he has said he's not comfortable giving blood so close to the fight...

There's no reason why 14 days, a blood test right after the fight and unlimited urine throughout shouldn’t be enough...

This is a fair compromise...

no its not enough it has been proven that by that method of testing you can mask the use of PEDs you have a gold standard of testing so use it.

dont give me some punk %%% excuse like that, he a boxer ive seen him loose more blood than he would give in a blood test during a fight!!

Hes not being asked to do anything that his opponent wont do!!!

If you have nothing to hide do it...

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

So a blood test 14 days before and immediately right after the fight not sufficient enough?

That's what i'm saying. Floyd knows damn well that's sufficient enough, he just wants #%%$ his way or no way at all.

indifferent.gif
Yeah even IF Floyd was ok with 14 days Pacquiano's camp said they won't negotiate under 24 days

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

He dont mix it up enough to thrwart Hearns assault. Ray had enough O to back Tommy down.

Agreed with Both.  If Floyd takes out Pac i'd put him ahead of Hearns all-time, but Hearns would win.  Just a bad matchup.  Nobody ever outboxed Tommy, they got to his fragile chin and took him out.  If SRL had to resort to slugging to get rid of Tommy, then Money wouldn't be able to pull it off.

Opposite with Duran, Duran is better all-time, but style wise Floyd matches up well.

And BTW, Floyd KO9 over Manny.  I still don't trust Manny's chin, and Manny got too many holes in his defense.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

That article is making the exact same points that I was earlier.

Don't know if he would beat Tommy though.

I could def see another "No Mas" type performance against Duran tho. Style makes fights and that level of slick boxing, speed, agility, crisp counter punching and mental warfare would frustrate El Cholo 100 times out of 100.

Floyd vs Sugar Ray.....*Ric Flair* wwwoooooo *Ric Flair*

Ultimate game of high speed chess. Leonard would probably win by SD. But that would have to be a trilogy.
If we take a peak Duran, I think we'll be seeing a Montreal Duran instead.
The way Duran feinted and slipped his way inside was beautiful.

I don't buy the "he fought a wrong gameplan", it was just that Duran made him fight that way.

SRL TK11

Too much speed, power, great combinations.
It's kind of unfair if you think about it, seeing as Leonard is a natural WW, and Floyd is more suited to be a lightweight.

Expect a Benitez type of performance.

Floyd would lose to Duran. Everyone talks about about SRL/Duran II, but forget about how Duran beat his *** in the first bout.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Floyd would lose to Duran. Everyone talks about about SRL/Duran II, but forget about how Duran beat his *** in the first bout.

Just take a look at the avy man
hihi.gif

But then again this is the same dude that predicted Margo TKO'ing Benitez.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

That's what i'm saying. Floyd knows damn well that's sufficient enough, he just wants #%%$ his way or no way at all.

indifferent.gif
Yeah even IF Floyd was ok with 14 days Pacquiano's camp said they won't negotiate under 24 days
Read the article that was posted a few pages back, Pac-Man said himself that he's willing to do 14 days.

I'm not nearly as old enough to get into all this debating and stuff with some of the older fighters but those are some sick vids you posted CC. Gotta watch some more of those. Roberto Duran is one of my personal favorite fighters to watch on tape. That actually sounds like a cool idea for a thread Haze.

QFT. The real; question is Sweet Pea Vs Floyd

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'm not nearly as old enough to get into all this debating and stuff with some of the older fighters but those are some sick vids you posted CC. Gotta watch some more of those. Roberto Duran is one of my personal favorite fighters to watch on tape. That actually sounds like a cool idea for a thread Haze.
That Burley video really opened my eyes.
He was one of the most ducked fighters back in his day, hell even Robinson did!
Here's Burley's  take on the whole situation:

"Ray ducked me. George Gainford (Ray's manager) admitted that much. But, I can't say I blame him. There wasn't no money in us fighting each other. All we would have done is knock each other off."

"You know, to me the most remarkable thing about Ray's career is that he didn't even get a shot at the welterweight title til he was 26- or the middleweight title til' he was 30! You think he was the greatest? What do you think he'd a been if he'd gotten his chances when he deserved them? You wanna know the truth? If I coulda' got my shot, I wouldn't have risked it fighting someone like Ray."

But if you REALLY want to learn about oldtimers, go to EastSideBoxing, make an account and go straight to the classic section:
http://www.eastsideboxing...um/forumdisplay.php?f=12

I truly think that some posters on there could give any of the old historians a run for their money.

Originally Posted by MrDills

QFT. The real; question is Sweet Pea Vs Floyd

def. its pretty much a wash...so next is off...gotta give the edge to PBF...Decision...PBF...with the hitman PBF m atchup...kinda hard to say...yea Tommy was relentless and long, he was hittable and can get knocked down...depends on which floyd we get...the PBF that fought Shane..probably wouldnt get past him...The one that fought Chico...i think he can take him out

and like my dad always told me coming up when we'd watch fights and listen to commentators, there's only one Sugar and his name isn't Ray Leonard or Shane Mosley...

The thing about Floyd though, he makes fighters fight his way...everybody look completely different against him. Because of this, he'll have a shot against anybody from any era.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

indifferent.gif
Read the article that was posted a few pages back, Pac-Man said himself that he's willing to do 14 days.
Fake article

Back
Top Bottom