**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

Discussion in 'Music' started by delete, Jan 11, 2014.

1. ninjahood

ninjahood

naw, Ozuna is more of a bonafied reggaeton star, i would say bad bunny laid down more brick for "trap" and Anuel hit da ground running when he got outta jail...

kingfoamnyc likes this.
  2. keko jones

keko jones

When I mentioned Ozauna I meant in the latin culture (overall) not necessarily trap. I dont even consider Bunny a trapper.

He hit the ground running but with nothing new ... same brrrrrr, Jordan, 23, malone 32 , .40 illuminati, brrrrrrr, Toto, Jordan 23 and same **** brrrrrr no evolution ...

3. ninjahood

ninjahood

you don't have to evolve in reggaeton nearly as fast as in hiphop from a acoustic perspective...trap JUST started to leak in a few years ago and its just a bit player in da overall hit making in da dembo stylistics of da genre as a whole..anuel's biggest hits are still reggaeton songs at their core.

4. c flyness

c flyness

Agree to disagree.

5. ninjahood

ninjahood

when you make records people dance to, it adds a different dimension to making a song vs just being a lyricist, when uptown vibes breako into da reggaeton drums, it totally changes da record into something broads start twerking to, hence why lookin at Anuel's verse on conparicom to Fab & Meek's isnt good conparcomp IMO.

kingfoamnyc likes this.
  6. keko jones

keko jones

It should be though. Anuel AA is in the scene not for his reggaeton hits but because his raw in your face "hijoputa" lyrics. To say they arent the same and you dont need to rhyme or make sense is a cop out, especially when you have so many great artist out there putting trap and reggaeton in the map (again).

That's why I was hype when I heard him and 69 were making a couple of joints and when I was dissapointed when I heard them. Not because they sucked but because they didnt do **** that got them where they were at. I **** with both heavily and I **** with Anuel AA big time. Still one of my favorites, but let's call a spade a spade, dude is lacking big time in lyrics. You hear one song from Anuel and is like you have heard then all.

Brrrr this and brrrr that and just rhyming a bunch if nonse is not it. And when he does reggaeton he also talks about the same **** over and over. But again I like his style and flow and I **** with him.

Ps there has been plenty of lyrical genius in the genre. Lito y Polaco Tempo Cejas Mexicano Tego etc .... bruh the list goes on from way back ....

ninjahood likes this.
  7. She is obviously a pretty girl, she was hotter in my imagination when I was listening to the verse. :lol:

8. c flyness

c flyness

Back in the days the beats used to switch up from the Reggaeton drums to hip-hop drums or vice versa. And the lyrics were straight up raw ish. So Anuel AA shouldn't have been lacking.

Prime example what I'm talking about

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018 at 1:08 AM
    ninjahood likes this.
  9. ninjahood

ninjahood

ya got valid points, but lets lets it what it is...meek & fabolous be in my hood all da time & this was simpliy a musical clout chase. song fire so i ain't complaining.

10. keko jones

keko jones

This I agree.

Everyone is trying to jump on the Latin train.

Latin artist and people have a lot of capita world wide .... and reggaeton/ spanish trap is bigger than ever before.

11. wavycrocket

wavycrocket

@c flyness be ITCHING :smh: :rofl:

kingfoamnyc, calye2da and HOU$TON like this.
  12. c flyness

c flyness

Just like you be itching with those guys you be posting, word, those guys are prodigies? :lol::smh:

calye2da and HOU$TON like this.
  13. c flyness

c flyness

@ninjahood There shouldn't be any excuse just because the beat switches up to Reggaeton, here's another old school track that demonstrates, that even if the beat switches up, these artists can deliver straight lyricism.

Hearing the Reggaeton drums doesn't always mean it's a pop record, it could also be a hood record. Prime example of that was Tego's "Guasa, Guasa". He's rapping some raw sh*t on a Reggaeton beat. And there's many more other records like it. Like this one of Hector

I know you're not into Lito & Polaco's music, but this one it's a hood classic. They used to have beef with Tego, and in this track Lito told Tego, "I'm gonna use your teeth as earings and a bracelet", What? When I heard that line I went f*ckin insane.

Btw not all the beef in Reggaeton stayed on wax, Master Joe and Tempo banged out cause of their "tiraera". I also can assure you that Lito & Polaco's beef with Tego wouldn't have stayed on wax, if in those times they would of ran into eachother. Their beef was real, they really had hatred towards eachother. Lets remember Reggaeton is a hood bred genre, so expect the unexpected.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 8:38 PM
    ninjahood likes this.
  14. HOU$TON

HOU$TON formerly convertibleburt

15. kingfoamnyc

kingfoamnyc

Meek and 21 Savage was at Vacca on Saturday.

16. calye2da

calye2da

This album is yoga flame [​IMG]

17. ninjahood

ninjahood

u spelled Arca wrong.

kingfoamnyc likes this.
  18. ninjahood

ninjahood

peep da comments, straight Anuel fans flooded :lol:

Meek knew da reggaeton wave undeniable.

kickz4242 and c flyness like this.
  19. GrizzlyAnimal

GrizzlyAnimal

Man he killed this one.
    CBD0B52A-FC73-4BAF-A1C0-464BA4E0FED3.jpeg

20. Album is fire. 100 Summers & Championships been on heavy rotation.

21. Kim Fatty the Third

Kim Fatty the Third formerly swoosh god

Jawn on repeat. PA all day. :nthat:

22. antidope

antidope

Meek is really in his bag.

Let them______ smoke your cousin you ain't ride yet
    RIP on Instagram and you ain't slide yet
    Stay on that corner every day they ain't hide yet
    Don't want to hear that gangsta_______if they ain't die yet

niceshoes247 and HOU$TON like this.
  23. The song Championships is incredible, man. He went crazy on that.

24. Mark Antony

Mark Antony

I know we joke mostly just to get under C Fly skin cuz it's so easy, but there's a reason a lot of people got latin tracks on their album.