Official mental health and group therapy thread. Get it off your chest

cs02132 cs02132 ill check what I got. I never got on meds & Ive been dealing with it for 20 years. Meds last resort but if you know whats causing it def try rubber band method. Deep breathing helps too.

cs02132 cs02132 ill check what I got. I never got on meds & Ive been dealing with it for 20 years. Meds last resort but if you know whats causing it def try rubber band method. Deep breathing helps too.
Thanks man appreciate it. Lmk
I just hope this’ll pass and it’s not a lifelong thing from here on out.
I’m single af right now so I’m glad I have my parents still to help me. Always feel way better after a good cry :lol:

This how how some of these members see mental illness.

I’d avoid any real convos with him. I was prepared to dog walk him one day but once it was pointed out he had a mental illness I let off the gas.

Just to put into context, he promotes an LGBTQ lifestyle yet his religion requires that someone profess a negative confession concerning homosexuality so they can make it to heaven.

He pushes his woman are ya ya sister-god mantras yet doesn’t acknowledge at the core of his “religion” it is 100000% patriarchal.

He pretty much ignores all universal laws regarding gender to advance his agenda

etc

The type of cognitive dissonance required to make those leaps could only be a product of clinical mental instability.

I want to share, but..... :smh:
I suggest that no one share anything else on their own mental health while on this site. There are members here that will remember such comments, and will pull them up to use any info against you. In fact, I was told that you should not share any personal information on here at all, to complete strangers.

Find support groups that are legitimate, those that value your care and privacy. This is not the place to look for support.

Just went for a walk and feel amazing. Sitting on your *** is deadly.

"Burning Up Anxiety

If youʼre struggling with anxiety you probably feel like there isnʼt anything you can do to get better. The good news is...there IS something you can do to feel much better.

When you get anxious your body makes two chemicals, adrenaline and cortisol. Adrenaline wrecks havoc on every part of your central nervous system. It can cause headaches, diarrhea, confusion, memory loss, difficulty concentrating, tearfulness, trouble sleeping, changes in eating patterns and many other problems. Cortisol is an even nastier villian. Over long periods it can lead to migraines, ulcers, strokes, heart disease and cancer.

The good news is...YOU CAN TOTALLY CONTROL IT!

Adrenaline isnʼt really supposed to be a bad guy in your body. Itʼs designed to help you fight or flee when something is threatening you. But lets face it, when youʼre having a bad day at work you really canʼt run away (if you want to keep your job) and you certainly canʼt hit the boss. But the adrenaline still wants to be used and thatʼs what you can control.

There is only ONE WAY to burn off all that adrenaline. YES! I SAID ONLY ONE WAY! Medication wonʼt do it. It only temporarily puts the adrenaline in a metaphorical box. As soon as the medicine goes away the anxiety comes right back. The one and only way to get rid of adrenaline is to burn it off with cardiovascular exercise. Itʼs just like a car burning gasoline. When you do cardio your body actually burns the adrenaline up and gets rid of it! A person suffering from anxiety needs to do at least 30 minutes of cardio-vascular exercise each day. After about a week youʼll notice you feel a little better. After two weeks of consistent exercise youʼll feel much better. Even you feel skeptical - TRY IT! It really works. Itʼs simply the science of how your body works."

To be fair, I think beta blockers can block adrenaline. Some people take them before an anxious situation.

I am currently not in the mood to derail this thread with incredibly pessimistic, narcissistic and toxic paragraphs about my life. Therefore, I hope y'all are doing well today.

my girl has anxiety and has considered meds.

i wanna learn more about it so i can help her cope

any resources yall suggest?

Yeah, C.Magneto C.Magneto don't bring up mental illness when discussing that member here. He’ll weaponize it and use it to have the head admin lecture you on it. Yes, method himself once made an armchair assessment on that very same person but that was a looong time ago. He’s since matured and no longer feels that way.

Back
Top Bottom