Official mental health and group therapy thread. Get it off your chest

Definitely does for me. I love the taste of coffee, but it really never provided me any real benefit. Any energy it gave me was far overpowered by anxiety, jitters, dizziness, sometimes nausea, etc.

Feel way better now that I cut it out of my life.

My wife possibly had one of the worst caffeine withdrawal headaches just last weekend. Idk if we can place all the blame on caffeine but it did all go a way when she took an Excedrin tension headache aspirin

Quitting coffee makes that much of a difference for ya'll?

For me.

I drank coffe pretty much every week day for like a year. About 6 cups before 11. I had this rule that I wouldn’t drink coffee after 12.

But then I didn’t like the habit. Felt like it was a crutch especially since I don’t really like the taste that much.

Anyways - I started to realize that I had trouble falling asleep. And when I stopped and really thought about it - it seems to have started around the time I started drinking coffee. I don’t know the science behind it - but it seemed that even though I felt tired I couldn’t really fall asleep because something was still make it hard for my body to relax (caffeine).

So I just tried it out and I immediately started sleeping better which in the end helps with the mind, body, and soul :pimp:

Last edited:
When it comes to this mental health thing I started to realize that it definitely is a mixture of things.

Almost like each of us have a fire in us to tame. The smaller the fire the more peace we will have. Some things we do/put into it are more flammable than others or increase the size of it.

For me - coffee wasn’t a super accelerator but it was definitely contributing to the overall size of my flame.

Sorry if that was lame but it is how I think of it.

Last edited:
I see it in a similar way. I need to keep my mind organized, keep the energy / craziness down.

Been off caffeine 2 months or so. I did it previously in 2018 and went back to it tough. At that time I was sippin tea. Now it's fill blown no caffeine no coke nada. It made all the difference for me. I'm still ****ed up but not as much.

Anxiety went away I'm still in the midst of quitting. I know booze and bud is next. I love coffee with all my heart but I'm good off never touching it again.

And if any of you guys look at pron regularly I’d suggest cutting that back a lot too.

Or quitting completely. That and drinking might be the worst things.

I dropped pron but still check what my favorite camgirls post on their twitters. Some of those girls are works of art.

I drink only when I go out. Probably less than 10 times a year.

Been on short term leave since the beginning of August due to my anxiety and went to a psychiatrist this past Friday. She said that I have pretty bad anxiety and that I also have a bit of depression. She said what I've been writing off what I call my "quiet moments", where I out of nowhere have nothing to say and get really quiet and just kinda am present but not really interacting with anybody and wanting to be left alone, is actually a sign of depression.

I'm really floored by how much I've pushed through or pushed to the side that actually are really big deals that need to be addressed. Previously I've been against medicating but at this point I'm finding my anxiety more and more annoying and bothersome. I let her prescribe me some lexapro and I'm extremely nervous about it. I'm borderline terrified but I know that I cannot keep ignoring it all and have to do SOMETHING to level myself out so I'm willing to try it out.

I am considering applying for a CA medicinal weed license and using that to get a Oklahoma weed license which would only be an hr trip since I'm in TX, but that's just something I thought of semi-randomly and haven't really thought of fully.

This is all new territory for me but i'm optomistic

Been on short term leave since the beginning of August due to my anxiety and went to a psychiatrist this past Friday. She said that I have pretty bad anxiety and that I also have a bit of depression. She said what I've been writing off what I call my "quiet moments", where I out of nowhere have nothing to say and get really quiet and just kinda am present but not really interacting with anybody and wanting to be left alone, is actually a sign of depression.

I'm really floored by how much I've pushed through or pushed to the side that actually are really big deals that need to be addressed. Previously I've been against medicating but at this point I'm finding my anxiety more and more annoying and bothersome. I let her prescribe me some lexapro and I'm extremely nervous about it. I'm borderline terrified but I know that I cannot keep ignoring it all and have to do SOMETHING to level myself out so I'm willing to try it out.

I am considering applying for a CA medicinal weed license and using that to get a Oklahoma weed license which would only be an hr trip since I'm in TX, but that's just something I thought of semi-randomly and haven't really thought of fully.

Let us know how that works out.

imo cbd works wonders. Give it a try

Let us know how that works out.

imo cbd works wonders. Give it a try

I was using CBD weeks ago before I got some Girl Scout Cookies but at that time things weren't as bad
I'll see if I can pick some up and what effect it has

I keep hearing great things about CBD as well. I'm in CA too, maybe I should give it a try...

giphy.gif

Be careful with Lexapro when/if you come off of it. MAKE SURE you taper under the supervision of a physician. I didn't know and stopped cold turkey when my health insurance lapsed. The withdrawal was frightening. I got suicidal, severe depression, anxiety.

If you don't absolutely have to I would avoid it TBH. Have you gone the natural route and tried cleaning up your diet, working out, getting outside, etc?

Be careful with Lexapro when/if you come off of it. MAKE SURE you taper under the supervision of a physician. I didn't know and stopped cold turkey when my health insurance lapsed. The withdrawal was frightening. I got suicidal, severe depression, anxiety.

If you don't absolutely have to I would avoid it TBH. Have you gone the natural route and tried cleaning up your diet, working out, getting outside, etc?

Haven't tried any of that yet. Prior to the last two weeks things have been manageable but now I'm just tired of feeling empty for every few hours during the day. I did notice yesterday that I was feeling good after I made me an infused coffee and did some chores around the house.
My prescription isn't ready yet so I'll do what I can before trying it. When my Dr said what she was prescribing me I got really nervous cause I haven't heard many good things about that stuff

Haven't tried any of that yet. Prior to the last two weeks things have been manageable but now I'm just tired of feeling empty for every few hours during the day. I did notice yesterday that I was feeling good after I made me an infused coffee and did some chores around the house.
My prescription isn't ready yet so I'll do what I can before trying it. When my Dr said what she was prescribing me I got really nervous cause I haven't heard many good things about that stuff
I'm surprised they went straight to medication. Cognitive therapy has good success. You just talk it out and the therapist will set some goals for you.

I'm surprised they went straight to medication. Cognitive therapy has good success. You just talk it out and the therapist will set some goals for you.

I had been going to a counselor for the past month and was telling him and my medical dr that I didn't want to do medication because i was scared of it all but I've been having some lower periods these past few weeks I just want to feel better. Granted these last few days I've been better and have not received my prescription yet but been keeping busy and things have begun to improve in my household so I'm less inclined to want to take anything right now. I'll prob call my psychiatrist and hold off on the meds and do some personal adjustments

Im still in therapy to this day, which is funny to look back on now as I never considered it something I would do yet somehow it fell into my lap.

It's crazy the amount of trauma we push to the back of our minds, writing it off as if this trauma being out of sight somehow equates it to being out of (conscious) mind. Im learning that that's not really the case and that leaving that trauma unaddressed only further distracts us from making strides to fix it.

I think I stated it in another thread, but the best skill my therapist has taught me is to see the positives in negatives. My upbringing has given me some pretty serious emotional apathy and at this point i've just learned to accept it for what it is and begin working around it as I honestly don't want to fix it. It's practically a superpower in today's world but it definitely is counter-balanced by some strong negatives.

Regardless, im going to keep pushing through. I'm only on a 3-month visitation plan with my therapist and I believe I have just a month left.

One book that has really begun to help me a lot is The Power of Habit. It basically breaks down how our autonomous behaviours form, how the cycle of our habits are fueled, every step of a habitual process, and how to tweak habits by rewiring "cravings." I highly recommend it, I can honestly say this should be mandatory reading for pretty much everyone.

Amazon product ASIN B0055PGUYU

What’s up with your old lady? Hopefully the support is A1.
Having natural support >

Back
Top Bottom