Official mental health and group therapy thread. Get it off your chest

Thats her exact thought process.. She told me that ish.. :smh:
and yeah that's the sad part, I know she's gonna do that.. and I know I'll sit here and wait..
But I definitely shouldn't I need to all those things to better myself.
Man the bolded is the realest thing Ive ever read. If i could rep you more I would.
Thanks man I really appreciate it.

That's exactly it too. YOUR personal happiness should never be dependent on another person or thing. It is one thing to have your mood influenced by certain people/thing....but it should never depend on anything.

The sooner you take control and ownership of yourself.....the quicker you will begin LIVING and enjoying life.

Life shouldn't be a chore or a task....some mundane thing we take foregranted or suffer through, I hope the grey clouds part for anyone that views life in this manner.

Earlier this year, I hit my lowest of lows. Life just wouldn't let me catch a break. Problems with my health, family, finances, school, relationships, all came in the span of 2 or three months. I swear I would just get so down I wouldn't leave the house for days, even when I had school to go to. It was like a dark cloud followed me with persistence. I was almost certain I was going to put a shot gun to my head and pull the trigger, or take my motorcycle on the freeway at speed and let go if the handlebar with my eyes closed.

I started the year on bad terms with my pops who, from behind prison bars, put my life in jeopardy for a second time. Then my mom was going through financial hardships which I assumed was because of me. Then I get one hell of a hemorrhoid that someone suggested I get checked because it could be cancerous (still haven't; too afraid of what might be). Then the girl who said she would always be there for me decides she's not trying to give me an honest chance to prove that I've changed. Then my grades plummeted. I could go on, but you get the idea.

But 10 months, and a lot of self reflection later, I'm still here. I still get depressed from time to time, but my highs definitely outweigh my lows. I take the good with the bad, and try to make today better than yesterday, everyday.

There comes a point where you gotta realize that life isn't a cake walk and the things you once took for granted may not always be there. The shine will definitely wear off more times than none. But there's still a lot of life worth living folks.

and yeah that's the sad part, I know she's gonna do that.. and I know I'll sit here and wait..
Man the bolded is the realest thing Ive ever read. If i could rep you more I would.

Don't let it be a passing thought my man. God knows this will be drawn out as long as you allow it to. She knows she's got you to the point where you're likely to be waiting at the door for her to come home, word to any K9 companion. She's being influenced by the sorority life, so she'll want to go out and do new things with out worrying much about you, because like I said, she KNOWS without the slightest indication of a doubt that you'll be there. But I can guarantee you, the sorority life will lose its appeal. When she drops it, she KNOWS she can call you to regain what you had. Probe her wrong fam. Prove. Her. Wrong.

I was t always a good guy. I used to dog these broads out like it was my job. Until the day I tried to be that good guy and got screwed over. I felt the hurt I knew I'd instilled in one female too many. I got what i deserved. Since then i vowed to change for the better, for good. I say that to say this, if you're genuinely a good guy, you don't deserve it. You know you don't deserve it. So don't put up with it.

Love this thread. Some background on myself :
Hi, I'm Andy, and I'm an addict. I have 44 days clean from heroin, which I was using for about a year. I've had problems with other drugs, but I really fell in love with dope. I've suffered from depression and severe anxiety for my whole life and I always used drugs to self-medicate. Drugs allowed me to have a normal social life, but at the expense of my long-term physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. I regularly attend 12 step meetings like NA and AA. Life is still a struggle, but every day I don't pick up is a good day. My worst day sober is better than my best day using.
My inbox is always open as well! Just remember to take things one day at a time.

I just lost my best friend to a heroin overdose on November 3rd. He was like a brother. We grew up together. Skateboarding, chasing girls, and just enjoyed each others' company. We had the same exact personality and sense of humor, where we could just clown on everyone and everything including ourselves for hours on end, just laughing and laughing.

A week before he passed, he asked me to be his best man at his wedding. I still haven't fully accepted what happened. Having someone call you to say you need to get to the hospital to say goodbye and then being faced with the reality of seeing your boy on life support knowing within hours they're going to pull the plug is some HEAVY stuff. This was a huge loss for me and one I'll probably never recover from.

I honestly never knew he used. The weeks prior to his OD I did notice a subtle change in his behavior. I even suspected pills or something, but needles? Didn't even cross my mind. He was a good looking, confident dude with a decent job and a sweet girlfriend/soon-to-be wife. Had a lot of things going for him.

I'm sorry you've struggled with addiction man. I salute you for having the strength to get clean and congratulate you for your 44 days of sobriety. I too suffer from depression/anxiety and believe my friend did too so I can relate.

props to op for starting this thread. i know everyone will need it at some point. thankx man.

Bro, I dont want to go against the great advice given by others in this thread but, why wait? why not try something different in terms of women (relationship)! Ur girl pretty much wants to run with her girls and do her without telling you she doesnt want you anymore. It may be a phase becuase that type of ish tends to happen, but until then live by the short quote "If you love something let it go, if it returns then it was yours to keep" but never leave the one you love for the one you like, because the one you like may leave you for the one they LOVE...
In your case, do you and find a nice young women to converse with in the mean time. I didnt say MAKE HER YOUR GIRL, jus someone to talk to or chill with to get your mind off your current situation. Maybe that'll help ease the hurt a lil.

Last edited:
Bro, I dont want to go against the great advice given by others in this thread but, why wait? why not try something different in terms of women (relationship)! Ur girl pretty much wants to run with her girls and do her without telling you she doesnt want you anymore. It may be a phase becuase that type of ish tends to happen, but until then live by the short quote "If you love something let it go, if it returns then it was yours to keep" but never leave the one you love for the one you like, because the one you like may leave you for the one they LOVE...
In your case, do you and find a nice young women to converse with in the mean time. I didnt say MAKE HER YOUR GIRL, jus someone to talk to or chill with to get your mind off your current situation. Maybe that'll help ease the hurt a lil.
 a little bit of this. up untill 'LOVE'

work on yourself (cliche on NT), and it takes alot of mental power to start and stay focusing on yourself, but just do it. how bad do you want things to change?

( i might need a break from the motivational thread...im talking in quotes)....you should visit

a little bit of this. up untill 'LOVE'

work on yourself (cliche on NT), and it takes alot of mental power to start and stay focusing on yourself, but just do it. how bad do you want things to change?

( i might need a break from the motivational thread...im talking in quotes)....you should visit

you have to go back and read his first post and you will see how IN LOVE he is....

I have a gambling problem. I just gambled away 2,000 dollars today for no reason. I'm having a hard time just walking away from the table when down. :rolleyes

nobodys life sucks more than mines..trust me. i got NO bread.NObody to hold me down. when i go to sleep at night i pray that i dont wake up
why are people giving posts like these a thumbs up?....he obviously needs words to help him not a *** thumbs up. dude. let. it. out. there is something that is making you feel this way. talk, and dont care about trying to make sense...just let it out.

mean.gif
Im always prepared with the information. but i cant go through with it. you dont understand. hands shaking violently, kness weak, light headed, stomach hurting and cant even move right.
dude...i just got home from giving a presentation. i am in the same boat as you are...but i have searched for sooo many solutions. no matter how engrossed i am in the information, my heart gets to racing, i start shaking...all the above.

i didnt go to class for a week even tho i had the powerpoint ready wayyy ahead of time.

i tried listening to some sad music.....music that almost make me cry....or mad....something that will take my mind off the fact that 20 people will have their eyes on me. i even asked the teacher if it was okay for me to leave one earbud in my ear (this seems extreme, but my case is extreme so...) 

i find that avoiding eye contact helps. if you dont have to stand in front of the class...then dont. sit in your chair/desk....and present from there. it will make you feel like you are just talking to the teacher instead of the whole class. ....

i dont recomend this, but i did think of smoking before the presentation (because it has relaxed me the couple of times i used it ...weed)

bro, ur girl does not respect u if she is being rude and mean to u like that.

u need to control the frame in the relationship.  don't put up with her bs.

but it might be too late.  don't be surprised if ur relationship get worse... i can see it happening.

the best thing to do is to start distancing urself from her.  start doing ur own thang.

start finding someone else who is more cooler to hang out with.
dude..sometimes you have to be candid to really help. maybe she isnt the problem?, and i know ol dude is in a delicate situation, and i dont wanna say anything to push anyone off the edge, but maybe ....she has done nothing wrong?......i dont wanna say anymore

I've been getting really sad of late, and I know it's because I dislike who I am.
I find myself to be too much of a social chameleon. I Blend in with who or where I am to the point where I lose the sense of my own moral compass. I was dating this girl for a year and a half, loved her with everything I had.. but started hanging out with a new crew, the wrong kind of crew. Started drinking a lot more when my girl was busy with school and ended up doing her dirty. We broke up and I told myself I wouldn't ever do anything like that again... half a year later and me and my girl try to work things out, and of course I start kicking it with the crew again and of course it all happens again. I'm at the point where I can't trust myself. It bothers me that I had the capacity to hurt somebody I cared for so much. I don't look for sympathy because I know what I did, and what I do is my decision, but I don't l know why when things seem to get real good, I get so self-destructive. It sucks because I feel so bad for her having to meet someone like me at this time in my life and I know I'm gulting myself more and more into saddness because there's this internal part of me that feels like I really really deserve it... I probably do.

I'm constantly working on myself now... I've picked up reading, which I haven't sone leisurely in a long minute and that's been good for me.

Hope I can help out some bro's around here.

i have asperger's syndrome and i am fairly sure that i am bi-polar as well...... the symptoms sometimes go hand in hand

couple that with my life and what i deal with atm.... not good

alcohol.... cant stop the addiction despite knowing that it plays into my mental flaws and conditions.....

fml

I've been suffering from OCD & panic attacks since I was in high school & it'll take a toll on you. When I was about 22 I stopped my life completely for about 3 months. Talking with other people really helps.

This is my life and it hasn't stopped in months i'm not sure what to do anymore i don't want to turn to taking pills :smh:

:smh: Im always prepared with the information. but i cant go through with it. you dont understand. hands shaking violently, kness weak, light headed, stomach hurting and cant even move right.
dude...i just got home from giving a presentation. i am in the same boat as you are...but i have searched for sooo many solutions. no matter how engrossed i am in the information, my heart gets to racing, i start shaking...all the above.

i didnt go to class for a week even tho i had the powerpoint ready wayyy ahead of time.
i tried listening to some sad music.....music that almost make me cry....or mad....something that will take my mind off the fact that 20 people will have their eyes on me. i even asked the teacher if it was okay for me to leave one earbud in my ear (this seems extreme, but my case is extreme so...) 
i find that avoiding eye contact helps. if you dont have to stand in front of the class...then dont. sit in your chair/desk....and present from there. it will make you feel like you are just talking to the teacher instead of the whole class. ....

i dont recomend this, but i did think of smoking before the presentation (because it has relaxed me the couple of times i used it ...weed)

I used to have crazy anxiety before doing a presentation... I'd literally make my presentation something like 20 seconds long just to show face. I tried to play it off like "I didn't care" but of course that never really works.

What really helped with me was watching good speakers. Watch some TED talks... http://www.ted.com and take lots of notes on the little things. Try to do your presentations at home out loud and move around while you do them, the pacing around will help with you timing. Film yourself, so you can see that you're not half as bad as you think you are. And the most important thing, man Present What you're passionate about. Everytime I have an assignment, that requires a presentation, I don't care what the criteria is, or what the subject is, I'm going to make sure it's going to be about something I like. Forget the bad mark, if you do something you genuinely care about, you'll want to share it with people. Even if you don't get an A, teachers will appreciate your honesty.

I used to have crazy anxiety before doing a presentation... I'd literally make my presentation something like 20 seconds long just to show face. I tried to play it off like "I didn't care" but of course that never really works.
What really helped with me was watching good speakers. Watch some TED talks... http://www.ted.com and take lots of notes on the little things. Try to do your presentations at home out loud and move around while you do them, the pacing around will help with you timing. Film yourself, so you can see that you're not half as bad as you think you are. And the most important thing, man Present What you're passionate about. Everytime I have an assignment, that requires a presentation, I don't care what the criteria is, or what the subject is, I'm going to make sure it's going to be about something I like. Forget the bad mark, if you do something you genuinely care about, you'll want to share it with people. Even if you don't get an A, teachers will appreciate your honesty.

:stoneface: that wont work.

does weed or liquor help yall?

I've almost killed myself before.. I forgot where I posted it but it was somewhere on NT.

If any of you ever get thoughts of doing it, I check NT every day and my PM box is open. No judging, real talk. I've been there and I know how it feels. Not worth it.

None of you are alone in anything.. NT Famb. :nthat:

I'm still a fairly happy guy, despite my post breakup sadness. And I still wish her happiness, even if it's not with me.
I will say one thing that's been helping me feel better and happier...is honestly....helping others to feel better. This whole breakup, for me, was a blessing in disguise. It gave me an entire new outlook on life and love, relationships. It's rejuvenated me so to speak. I'm nicer now, more patient, more loving. My heart is softer. I find love and happiness in all things, and I want to share that with everyone I meet. I used to be like this when I was young, but, growing up I conformed to society, and the cutthroat business world and my environment, and just became overall colder. But I'm getting back to whom I once was. Just that happy-go-lucky guy. On the inside I'm still that same kid that just wanted to make the lunch table laugh. My successes in business and social circles gave me an ego and made me prideful. And colder and meaner to people. It made me feel as if I was better than others and that most relationships were a waste of my time if I couldn't use them to get something. I was basically living out the 48 Laws. But I'm at a point now, my mind is so open...I love talking to people. I wouldn't wish the pain I feel on anybody in this world. And it actually hurts me now when I see others in bad predicaments. I don't want people to struggle. I love seeing people happy in relationships and I always wish them the best. I value all the little things now. It's funny, but the type of mental change I've gone through typically only happens when you have a near death experience. lol. But I can truly say I'm a different guy. I want to be remembered for more than just money and looks. I want to touch the heart of everybody I come in contact with. I want them to remember me for how I made them feel. I want to make the world around me happy. So I must be better...I must be, so that I can be better for others. So if I need to listen, if you need to talk and truly be heard, it's my duty to give you that time because I've been blessed with the ability to do so.
I felt the same damb way after my break up.

I'm constantly thinking about my future, always picturing scenarios of where ill end up.

I'm a punk to the people who care about me the most. One of the things I hate most about myself.

I put so much stress on myself to make something of myself that I sometimes doubt if I'll do it.

Sometimes I feel so alone man.

I just lost my best friend to a heroin overdose on November 3rd. He was like a brother. We grew up together. Skateboarding, chasing girls, and just enjoyed each others' company. We had the same exact personality and sense of humor, where we could just clown on everyone and everything including ourselves for hours on end, just laughing and laughing.
A week before he passed, he asked me to be his best man at his wedding. I still haven't fully accepted what happened. Having someone call you to say you need to get to the hospital to say goodbye and then being faced with the reality of seeing your boy on life support knowing within hours they're going to pull the plug is some HEAVY stuff. This was a huge loss for me and one I'll probably never recover from.
I honestly never knew he used. The weeks prior to his OD I did notice a subtle change in his behavior. I even suspected pills or something, but needles? Didn't even cross my mind. He was a good looking, confident dude with a decent job and a sweet girlfriend/soon-to-be wife. Had a lot of things going for him.
I'm sorry you've struggled with addiction man. I salute you for having the strength to get clean and congratulate you for your 44 days of sobriety. I too suffer from depression/anxiety and believe my friend did too so I can relate.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I can't even imagine what that must be like.

Hold your head up and remember him at his best. Find peace in the fact that you couldn't do much because you were unaware of his habit. I'm sure you would have tried to help if you knew.

Stay up my guy.

dude..sometimes you have to be candid to really help. maybe she isnt the problem?, and i know ol dude is in a delicate situation, and i dont wanna say anything to push anyone off the edge, but maybe ....she has done nothing wrong?......i dont wanna say anymore

You can judge for yourself:

Me:introverted, like to stay home, don't drink, don't like to party, like to kick it but just the normal way no drinking or anything. I literally do everything for that woman. Every little request, I'll take care of it, She's craving something, I'll go get it for her regardless of what time it is or how tired I am. I work and go to school, but I still help her with her school and she's a TA and I help her grading papers and **** too. Yall may think that I'm a simp, but I know she just has too much on her plate that she can't do by herself. It's UCLA after all.. So i help her.. I mean the only downside about me is that I like to hang out with her often but that's because I don't nobody in LA so i be lonely as **** if i dont with her..

Her: I mean she used to be perfect man. She used to be the woman who i always wanted to date, but after she got to ucla she's been different. She treats me like hell sometimes, she doesn't appreciate or acknowledge the things I do.. she likes to drink and go out with her girls and **** and i'm cool with that, but it lowkey bugs me.. It's insecurties I have that I need to deal with.. but that's why we have this thread no?

Now you tell me who's the problem?

Have you ever tried sitting down and having a chat with her? I don't think anyone needs to be disrespected for any reason. Especially by a significant other. IMO, you should only surround yourself with people who are positive and will give you a boost in life. Negative energy from individuals is never healthy. But if you love her, you should talk to her and work things out, don't give in to her attitude. If things don't improve, you should consider cutting her loose. It'll be good for you in the long run. But that's just my .02.
I try having a chat with her but she always turns it around and makes me feel bad about something.

only when he faces his demons from within can he heal the demons from the outside
I'm trying man :frown:

This is good advice and actually exactly how my dad told me to react to it.. but it's just really hard to do.

you have to go back and read his first post and you will see how IN LOVE he is....

Exactly, I wish it was that easy man.. but I know this isn't the norm nowadays man, but she was my first. I was 16, she was the first girl to give me the time of the day, she was the first girl to say yes when I asked her out, she was the first girl I kissed, man she was the first everything.

I feel like I'm just *****ing about small world problems. I'm sorry yall :frown:

Well, my story-

I've been suffering from OCD & panic attacks since I got out of high school. They force me to stay basically home ridden. I cant go in cars or in stores i don't know what to do at this point. i start to feel as if i'm gonna die like i'm going to have a heart attack and it makes me hyperventilate and just physically cripples me in a sense.

I've gone to doctors blood pressure is fine, heart rate is good i'm only 21 a little over weight but nothing life threatening at all. i know i'm not gonna die my doctors have assured me i'm not even close, but its like my mind wont let me believe it! It tortures me. It's like i'm trapped in my own mind fighting a unwinnable battle against myself all day. I feel like i just can't take it anymore. I've gone to therapy, classes, hypnotists etc etc etc and nothing! Everything only slightly helped and for a short time. Now my only options seem to be pills but i'm not gonna allow myself too so i'm screwed.

You gotta let go of the past fam. As hard as it is, you just gotta do it. Trust me, I know what it's like to sit there night after night hoping things would turn around. Right now all you're thinking about is what if used to be instead of seeing it for what it is now. Like I said man, you gotta stop living in the past. Especially when she isn't.

Back
Top Bottom