Official mental health and group therapy thread. Get it off your chest

powerballin

Banned
I realize depression and addiction are real issues many of us face.  Sometimes people have problems and need to speak to someone but they don't have anybody.  Or maybe they aren't ready to speak to somebody in real life yet.

Lets use this thread to give people a forum to voice their problems and seek solutions.  If one conversation on NT can get somebody back on the right track or even save a life I think its worth it.

This is a troll free environment.  We will enforce the rules and report anybody that can't respect that.

I've been suffering from OCD & panic attacks since I was in high school & it'll take a toll on you. When I was about 22 I stopped my life completely for about 3 months. Talking with other people really helps.

i cant present projects for nothing. i skip class those days. i rather take the F on the project. I cant do it. Helpppppppppp
Practice will give you confidence and comfort.  You lack of confidence comes from a lack of preparation.  Also remember those students don't care man about you so relax.  They are nervous too. F's aren't cool
I've been suffering from OCD & panic attacks since I was in high school & it'll take a toll on you. When I was about 22 I stopped my life completely for about 3 months. Talking with other people really helps.
Thanks for sharing man.  I'm glad you've overcome that
I suffer from depression..

I feel like my girl doesn't respect me.
The best thing is to talk to a good friend or a parent about your issues....or even us.  Why are you depressed? 

Why do u feel like that my friend

The best thing is to talk to a good friend or a parent about your issues....or even us.  Why are you depressed? 
[/quote]

I'm not sure why I'm depressed. I have everything I want in the world, however I am very sad most of the time.
But what I've begun to realize is that all my confidence and happiness comes from my girl. However, we've been fighting alot lately. (started alot when she finally crossed for her lameass sorority.) But when she starts being rude and mean to me I get sad.
It's probably because she was my first everything.. and in high school, I liked like 4 girls, but they didn't give me the time of day.. I went to a private school with predominately white kids my whole life, ( k-8 ) (then high school) and the girls were always cool, but they didn't want anything to do with the indian kid..
So I got a lot of racism growing up. It also didn't help that I was kind of overweight.. So no confidence from anywhere.
I was good at ball, so that was the only thing that I got props for.
Fast forward to three years ago, I met my current girlfriend, she was the nicest person, most beautiful, man I tell you, she was actually nice to me.. So essentially she was the first girl to give me the time of day. We were each other's firsts. and the journey we've gone through to today was great..
But ever since she got ucla, and especially joined her sorority she's just been different.

sorry for the long text

Last edited:
I've been sad as hell since me and my girl broke up. It's going on 2 months and I'm still aching smh. I really should be able to move on, I have a ton of things going for me, I've been blessed beyond belief, and women always show me love like crazy, but, I'm not interested them. I only want her, so it's eating away at me that we broke up. I've tried my hardest to get her back..to no avail. A couple months back she found some pictures of a female in my email, I forgot to delete them, (she wasnt snooping, we were out of town and she wanted to get online and check her email on my tablet, I forgot all about the pix, and i was still logged on when she got it.) The girl just randomly sent them to me, we hadnt talked since before me and my girl got together, so that was like 8 months. I've never cheated on her, but she just couldnt get over that. She just couldnt grasp that females do foul weird ish sometimes, unprovoked. Said I destroyed her trust. Which is crazy because I didn't do anything smh. So she says she just can't get over it, so we cant be together. I love this girl every way possible, thought about marriage, kids, building a home, and it just kills me that because of some BS, I've lost her. ughhhhh. This pain, just doesn't seem to go away, it hurts deep down in the very fabric of who I am. I just dont want to end up being one of those old guys that always remembers the one that got away.

I feel like I was borderline depressed a couple of months ago. I lost my father and grandfather to cancer in an 8 week span this summer. All the while, I am a recent Berkeley grad, have applied to many jobs, yet no one wanted to give me an interview. I'm starting to feel better about it now, though. I just want a job so I can move out and go on to the next step in life.

Last edited:
I feel like I was borderline depressed a couple of months ago. I lost my father and grandfather to cancer in an 8 week span this summer. All the while, I am a recent Berkeley grad, have applied to many jobs, yet no one wanted to give me an interview. I'm starting to feel better about it now, though. I just want a job so I can move out and go on to the next step in life.

I'm sorry about your losses friend. I know that had to be hard. Cancer is the worst. Just focus on growing into the best possible man you can be and make them proud.

does anybody have a dark place that brings the worst out of them? i mean like a physical place, that just changes your whole demeanor and mentality.

for me, its the house i grew up in. nothing bad happened there per say, but its just a reminder of broken promises, wasted efforts and disappointment. it represents certain stagnant points in my life. 

does anybody have a dark place that brings the worst out of them? i mean like a physical place, that just changes your whole demeanor and mentality.

for me, its the house i grew up in. nothing bad happened there per say, but its just a reminder of broken promises, wasted efforts and disappointment. it represents certain stagnant points in my life. 

Do you still have family there? Must you go there? Can you avoid it? I would try my best to avoid all things that bring me feelings of pain and disappointment.

I've been sad as hell since me and my girl broke up. It's going on 2 months and I'm still aching smh. I really should be able to move on, I have a ton of things going for me, I've been blessed beyond belief, and women always show me love like crazy, but, I'm not interested them. I only want her, so it's eating away at me that we broke up. I've tried my hardest to get her back..to no avail. A couple months back she found some pictures of a female in my email, I forgot to delete them, (she wasnt snooping, we were out of town and she wanted to get online and check her email on my tablet, I forgot all about the pix, and i was still logged on when she got it.) The girl just randomly sent them to me, we hadnt talked since before me and my girl got together, so that was like 8 months. I've never cheated on her, but she just couldnt get over that. She just couldnt grasp that females do foul weird ish sometimes, unprovoked. Said I destroyed her trust. Which is crazy because I didn't do anything smh. So she says she just can't get over it, so we cant be together. I love this girl every way possible, thought about marriage, kids, building a home, and it just kills me that because of some BS, I've lost her. ughhhhh. This pain, just doesn't seem to go away, it hurts deep down in the very fabric of who I am. I just dont want to end up being one of those old guys that always remembers the one that got away.

So these pics were sent before you were together, or just randomly sent to you without you asking? Either way, your girlfriend should have understood that you didn't betray her. And I don't wanna get all Drake sappy R&B on you :lol:, but I know what you mean about talking to other girls but knowing that it's her that you only really want. Like do you still get that feeling around her that is the same as when you first met her?

Last edited:
Do you still have family there? Must you go there? Can you avoid it? I would try my best to avoid all things that bring me feelings of pain and disappointment.
unfortunately i still stay there. after school, i went back to live with my dad so i could pay down loans and save up. its just him that lives there (everybody else is in Chicago). i try to help him out with things here (renovations and clean up since he never really took care of it). i have a decent amount saved and will have paid down almost 20k on my loans in the next few months (still so many more to go though
mean.gif
). every day i come home from work, i stand outside not wanting to step inside. i think its more so the town i stay in though. i left there for school hoping id never come back (besides very occasional visits to see friends).

my dads a good guy and i appreciate him letting me come back but he'll never get how im feeling about this place. i think these feelings are starting to overwhelm me because i stopped doing regular activities i used to (working out and regular social events) and ive blown a few interviews for certain jobs i applied to. i dont know, maybe its all in my head but i just know i cant stay around here much longer. 

Last edited:
im too introverted.
and related i guess but i don't talk enough. like i'll be talking to people and it might be some dumb convo that i don't care about at all ( "did you see what xyz posted on facebook") and instead of saying something i'll just sit there silent. :x :smh:

Sorry to hear.

Best of luck to you in the future man.

love my job, but works overwhelming me right now and not sure if I can keep up but I gotta.

girl i was feeling just dropped off the planet >:wow: onto the next one. but I been slacking on chicks as of late.

everything is frustrating. I just want a soundproof room and a punching bag to go ham in for a bit.

a week vacation would be nice too.

Love this thread. Some background on myself :

Hi, I'm Andy, and I'm an addict. I have 44 days clean from heroin, which I was using for about a year. I've had problems with other drugs, but I really fell in love with dope. I've suffered from depression and severe anxiety for my whole life and I always used drugs to self-medicate. Drugs allowed me to have a normal social life, but at the expense of my long-term physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. I regularly attend 12 step meetings like NA and AA. Life is still a struggle, but every day I don't pick up is a good day. My worst day sober is better than my best day using.

My inbox is always open as well! Just remember to take things one day at a time.

andee if you don't mind me asking can you tell me about your progression on experimenting...

i've tried the stoners choice.

and the ravers choice.

thats it. i'm about to either stop going to raves / edm shows or just go and drink by next fall.

i'm not concerned or anything but i wouldn't mind holding onto extra info

Love this thread. Some background on myself :

Hi, I'm Andy, and I'm an addict. I have 44 days clean from heroin, which I was using for about a year. I've had problems with other drugs, but I really fell in love with dope. I've suffered from depression and severe anxiety for my whole life and I always used drugs to self-medicate. Drugs allowed me to have a normal social life, but at the expense of my long-term physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. I regularly attend 12 step meetings like NA and AA. Life is still a struggle, but every day I don't pick up is a good day. My worst day sober is better than my best day using.

My inbox is always open as well! Just remember to take things one day at a time.
:wow:

That's powerful. Keep up the good work, props :pimp:!

Last edited:
two weeks ago I flipped out on a neighbor for no reason; stress got to me. Told him I didn't want him to make fun of me any more even though he never had, but I've been harboring those thoughts towards other people. :smh: Broke down afterwards and only thought about bad things in my life. Now everyone on the floor knows I'm crazy. I apologized to him and we made up for it but still it feels really batman.

Tired of my thoughts taking over for far too long and ruining relationships all the time. Need to find a balance in life somehow.

I'm not sure why I'm depressed. I have everything I want in the world, however I am very sad most of the time.
But what I've begun to realize is that all my confidence and happiness comes from my girl. However, we've been fighting alot lately. (started alot when she finally crossed for her lameass sorority.) But when she starts being rude and mean to me I get sad.
It's probably because she was my first everything.. and in high school, I liked like 4 girls, but they didn't give me the time of day.. I went to a private school with predominately white kids my whole life, ( k-8 ) (then high school) and the girls were always cool, but they didn't want anything to do with the indian kid..
So I got a lot of racism growing up. It also didn't help that I was kind of overweight.. So no confidence from anywhere.
I was good at ball, so that was the only thing that I got props for.
Fast forward to three years ago, I met my current girlfriend, she was the nicest person, most beautiful, man I tell you, she was actually nice to me.. So essentially she was the first girl to give me the time of day. We were each other's firsts. and the journey we've gone through to today was great..
But ever since she got ucla, and especially joined her sorority she's just been different.
sorry for the long text[/quote]
bro, ur girl does not respect u if she is being rude and mean to u like that.

u need to control the frame in the relationship.  don't put up with her bs.

but it might be too late.  don't be surprised if ur relationship get worse... i can see it happening.

the best thing to do is to start distancing urself from her.  start doing ur own thang.

start finding someone else who is more cooler to hang out with.

andee if you don't mind me asking can you tell me about your progression on experimenting...
i've tried the stoners choice.
and the ravers choice.
thats it. i'm about to either stop going to raves / edm shows or just go and drink by next fall.
i'm not concerned or anything but i wouldn't mind holding onto extra info

In the end, it really just depends on if you're an addict or a "normie." Some people can go to a rave and pop a pill. When I go to a rave, I end up popping like 3 before, 4 during and continue on to the next day. Or maybe longer. That's just how my brain works. There's a saying "one is too many and a thousand is never enough." That's me. I smoked weed basically ever day from 16-24.

What got me into heroin was using Oxycontin recreationally. I quickly learned that I couldn't afford it and started smoking dope. Soon after, I started shooting it. So yeah, I tell everyone that will listen to NOT MESS WITH PAINKILLERS. Like not even once. If you have any kind of addict in you, RX painkillers will take advantage.

Back
Top Bottom