OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS Vs TENN TITANS GAME THREAD : SUN DEC 20 1:00PM CBS/DTv 707

MIAMI DOLPHINS Vs TENNESSEE TITANS

SUN DEC 20 1:
00PM

CBS/DTv

[h1]Major playoff implications in Tennessee[/h1]
In Brief

» Last meeting: Olindo Mare connected on a 39-yard field goal to give the Dolphins a 13-10 win over the Titans in Week 3 of the 2006 season.
» Streaks: The Dolphins have won seven of the past nine meetings, and have a 17-14 overall series edge, including the playoffs.
» Last week: Miami got a much-needed win at Jacksonville, 14-10. ... Tennessee had little problem dispatching St. Louis, 47-7.

Keep your eye on ...

[h1]Who do you think will win on Sunday?[/h1]
Watch NFL GameDay Morning, Sunday at 9 a.m. ET on NFL Network.
you think will win on Sunday?
Ricky Williams' durability: So far, Williams has had no issue taking over as Miami's featured running back. He has averaged 104 yards per game in his four starts since Ronnie Brown went down for the season with a knee injury. Still, at age 32, it may be tough for Williams to withstand the weekly pounding, and the Titans are sturdy against the run, ranking seventh in rush defense.

Joey Porter's productivity: After a slow start this season, Porter has begun to hit his stride in recent weeks. He has 5.5 sacks in his last four games, and has provided an emotional spark to the Dolphins' improving defense. His challenge this week, however, is not just in pressuring the passer, but also in containing the NFL's leading rusher, Tennessee's Chris Johnson.

The quest for CJ2K: Speaking of Johnson, he is on a tear the likes of which has rarely been seen in league history. He has rushed for over 100 yards in eight straight games, and is within striking distance of Eric Dickerson's single-season record of 2,105 rushing yards.
Did you know?

Johnson leads the league in yards from scrimmage with 2,017. ... The Titans still have a chance to become the league's first 0-6 team to make the playoffs. ... The Dolphins are trying to earn a postseason spot after starting 0-3 for the second consecutive season. ... If the playoffs started today, the Titans and Dolphins would be on the outside looking in. Get an updated look at the postseason picture.

[h2]Team Leaders[/h2]
[table][tr][td]MIAMI DOLPHINS[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Passing[/td] [td]Cmp[/td] [td]Att[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]TDs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chad Henne[/td] [td]194[/td] [td]330[/td] [td]2067[/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chad Pennington[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]413[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rushing[/td] [td]Car[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TDs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ricky Williams[/td] [td]200[/td] [td]975[/td] [td]4.9[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ronnie Brown[/td] [td]147[/td] [td]648[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Receiving[/td] [td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TDs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Davone Bess[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]570[/td] [td]9.2[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Greg Camarillo[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]452[/td] [td]11.6[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]

Complete Stats >

[table][tr][td]TENNESSEE TITANS[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Passing[/td] [td]Cmp[/td] [td]Att[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]TDs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vince Young[/td] [td]113[/td] [td]183[/td] [td]1383[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kerry Collins[/td] [td]119[/td] [td]216[/td] [td]1225[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rushing[/td] [td]Car[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TDs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Johnson[/td] [td]272[/td] [td]1626[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LenDale White[/td] [td]63[/td] [td]221[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Receiving[/td] [td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TDs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kenny Britt[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]642[/td] [td]16.9[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nate Washington[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]415[/td] [td]11.5[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][/table]

I wouldn't mind seeing Lendale get some carries.
laugh.gif

Status on Vince?

And they are right, slowly but surely, we need to keep increasing the amount of work that Henne does, because sooner or later we will break Ricky down. Iwould feel so much better right now if Ronnie was available.
tired.gif

Winning in Tennessee is difficult, I really wish we could've played these guys during their 0-6 run instead of now. Either way, this should be a reallygood hard fought game.

I don't mind if CJ gets his yards, just so long as we get the W. Hope it works out that way.

[h2]Johnson says Ginn a no-show for race[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

DAVIE, Fla. -- When it came to talking trash about who's faster, NFL rushing leader Chris Johnson won going away Wednesday.

Johnson said speedy Miami Dolphins receiver Ted Ginn Jr. stood him up when they agreed to a foot race during a summer pool party on Miami Beach.

"We were going to race down Ocean Drive," said Johnson, who considers himself the league's fastest player. "I walked down to the street, and he never showed up."

The subject arose during a conference call with South Florida media. Johnson and his Tennessee Titans play the Dolphins on Sunday.

Johnson said the race was arranged at a party last offseason attended by Ginn, Dolphins teammate Joey Porter and other NFL players.

"Him and Joey Porter were talking about how he could beat me," Johnson said. "When it came down to it, he was a no-show."

Ginn said the idea for the race didn't come from him or Johnson.

"It wasn't anything like I didn't show up," Ginn said. "It wasn't like I went to him to say, 'Let's race.' There were some guys at the party who wanted to say who was faster, so they started the rumor. It's not like I'm denying it or I'm scared of him."

So who's faster?

"I feel like I could beat him," Ginn said. "He feels like he could beat me."

Johnson was less diplomatic when asked if he's faster than Ginn.

"That's not even a legitimate question," Johnson said.

Is Johnson faster than Olympic champion Usain Bolt?

"That's a better question," Johnson said. "I think I would beat him like in the 50."

Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder declined to side with his teammate. He said Johnson would beat Ginn -- and perhaps Bolt, too.

"He might roll Bolt in the 100," Crowder said. "Y'all don't know how fast that boy is. He is fast, fast, fast. Flat-out FAST -- capital letters."

Johnson has rushed for 1,626 yards this season and could become the sixth player to reach the 2,000 milestone. He had a time of 4.24 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL combine last year.

Ginn is a former national prep champion in the high hurdles who played at Ohio State.

"He's pretty fast," Johnson said. "But a lot of people get it mistaken at the conference he played at. Was it the Big Ten? They're a slow conference. They don't have fast guys in that conference. It automatically makes him look like he's a real fast guy."

Johnson said he has never taken part in the sort of challenge race arranged with Ginn.

"They say they want to," he said, "but they end up backing out."

laugh.gif

Ginn.
smh.gif

sounds like Ginn.

Dont know why CJ would want to race anyway, Ginn would just run out of bounds halfway through.

Jags could really really help our season. We beat them, and now they've lost to Indy putting us in a good spot, and if somehow the Jags could find a wayto beat the Patriots, that would REALLY help us out.

Makes this game that much more important.

I don't know how the Jets fans are so upbeat towards their playoff chances regardless of whether the Fins win out or not. They have no tiebreaker overthe teams team they're looking up at. Not to mention Matt Ryan and Turner are both playing today. And they play both the Bengals and the Colts. Thereshould at the very least be 6 Sanchize intereptions in that span.
laugh.gif

Dolphins inactive list:

WR Patrick Turner, QB Tyler Thigpen, RB Kory Sheets, CB Evan Oglesby, OL Andrew Hartline, OT Andrew Gardner, DE Lionel Dotson and DE Ikaika Alama-Francis

Titans inactive list:

LB David Thornton, WR Dominique Edison, RB Javon Ringer, CB Rod Hood, OL Troy Kropog, TE Craig Stevens, DE Jevon Kearse and DE Eric Bakhtiari

Ted Ginn is such a %#@%.

And people wonder why Sparano doesn't like Ginn on Punt returns. That muff was the reason. Guy is scared to get hit.

Back
Top Bottom