Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by HOOD17

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
lebatard rant

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dakid23

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by dakid23

- KD said the same thing about Seattle.
- If you can't see the Break Up coming you must be blind.

- They sold out because they where a "New thing" in town, lets see them suck for a couple years straight. 

Right because if he liked it there, there is no way he could like it here, or vice versa. And dude's entire Thunder future post is stupid and not even based in fact., KD isn't a FA until after the '16 season. The Thunder offered him and an early opt out but he declined it. Westbrook leaves? Maybe, he did take a paycut of about 18% to stay here, but assuming he does leave, don't most people claim that would make us better?

They will NEVER have a hard time filling that arena. The season ticket waiting list is almost 4,000 names deep with most people trying to get more than 1 (14,000 of the 18,203 are season tickets). People drive in from all over the state. If they were losing again, if nothing else you can flip your tickets for a profit and go see opposing teams. As much as you hatin %!% @%!*#+ want it to happen, it really isn't. Keep spitting that, "there's nothing to do in OKC and nobody will come will they start losing hate," which is counterintuitive to itself as an arguments anyways but with Presti, doesn't look like hard times are on the horizon anytime soon, unless he is going to sign with Seattle too. From 23 wins to the finals in 4 yrs
eek.gif

You guys acting like the Sonics are the first or only team to ever be sold or moved is beyond annoying. I wonder if people in Minneapolis hate L.A because of all those championships the Lakers won, or people in Dallas hate San Antonio because of the Spurs winning so many titles.
Yes selling tickets for profit to see a losing team 
laugh.gif
. This is Oklahoma not NYC...

laugh.gif

May the curse of the Based God and the Sonics live on forever with this team 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jc619er

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Sinking in it?

'Right basketball play' all night long and all the !!%++@% way to a triple double and a championship. 
roll.gif
. Too bad he's done the same in meaningless mid-season games and lost 
frown.gif
. how terrible. This might be one of the best vindications for LeBron and the legion of us 'stans'. He didn't have to conform to any of that hero *+!%!%%!. We have said every time after - success or failures- , he'll make the right play and that's what we want from him - if it is the 'right' play.. Here we are. 

Kevin Durant is better than LeBron. 'Superstars' need to demand guarding the other guy. Meanwhile, guarding Mario Chalmers..... They went head on (or at least LeBron did) 1 vs 2 right? 1a vs 1b? 

Well - here is #1. ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Here is #2. 

And I'm not knocking KD, he's on his way. LeBron's just that good right now. 

but before we got here this post-season: 'Carmelo has his number, always has.'
laugh.gif
 'Danny Granger is in his head.'
laugh.gif
. 'Paul Pierce has an edge on him mentally.'
laugh.gif

No post game. Still, this year - it was said there was no post game. He won an NBA Finals playing almost exclusively from the post.
laugh.gif
. How's that 'his game will fall off of a cliff once his athleticism goes' look now? 

Wade's team. Wade County. Robin. Pippen. Sidekick. Right. Must suck knowing that LeBron willed that team to the finish-line this year (until the rest decided to show up) right? It's too bad knowing you can't hold on to what you once thought could with that Bron/Wade dynamic to dock him a title(s). 

'Wait until the playoffs' - 'Wait until the Finals.' 1 rebound shy (or really, a cramp) away from finishing it off with consecutive triple doubles. Scared of the moment. 

Overrated defender. Someone on here called him the most overrated defender in the history of the game. Yet anchored Miami's defense (and rebounding) that featured one player taller than 6'8. Starting since the Indiana series he averaged 11 rebounds a game through the Finals and guarded everyone from Rondo, KD to David West and so on.

LeBron doesn't work hard. Right. He'll forever be known as a quitter. Right. Find me a player who from Christmas to last night that played harder than LeBron James. Doesn't exist. 

I'll stop there. You just watched one of the greatest post-season performances from one of the best players you'll ever see. I'm not asking anyone to like him now, I don't expect you to - you don't have to respect him even - but this is what you watched. Deal with it. 
I can't ignore that dude has been choking and should be have been winning rings since 2007. He has been doing these type of performances since then. Remember how he destroyed the pistons?

He needed Wade and Bosh to win a ring. He needed battier and Mike Miller to sink every open 3 to win. Needed the refs to be on their side. Derek Rose and those other players to blow their knees out
nerd.gif

You are dissing Durant and those other players because they don't have that. Durant did not guard Lebron because the refs would not let him. Simple as that. Lebron was able to get away with fouling (game 2) so get out of here with his defense.

I watched Wade drop 25 a game, Bosh dominate on defense
laugh.gif
, Random heat players going for 20+ points every game and not missing open 3s. Greatest post season performances?
laugh.gif
. Dude is not even surpassing Dirk's performance from last year.
Ohhh, I can play this game too.

If Kobe didn't have Shaq he wouldn't have won his first three rings.

If Kobe didn't have Gasol and Artest in game seven against the Celtics he wouldn't have won that series.

If MJ didn't have Paxon draining 3's he wouldn't have won his first championship.

If MJ didn't have Steve Kerr to hit the shot of his life he wouldn't have won his 5th Championship.

So Lebron had a team that finally stepped up when it counted and actually didn't make him do everything himself. And you're saying he didn't have an unbelievable finals performance averaging 28 points 10 rebounds and 7 assists. Okay that makes sense.

I guess Mike Miller should have gotten the MVP.
You can't play at this cause you are comparing Bosh and Wade to Gasol and Artest. Come on son. The Shaq mention is irrelevant as well since Kobe gets no credit for those 3 rings from haters.

MJ never panicked with the team that he had and teamed up with other superstars. You can mention kobe whining to the front office but you should not mention MJ, Nice try though

Originally Posted by toine2983

Nothing wrong with DubA, Dior, DSK etc. expressing their dislike of LeBron it's the nonsense, like the foolishness knightngale posted couple of pages ago that gets old.

u mad?

Lebron getting his first ring just set in huh?  Or did you realize your precious Kobe only goes as far as his big men take him?  Or maybe you realized Lebron led his team doing what your precious Lakers couldnt do by beating the Thunder?  

Originally Posted by jc619er

I can't ignore that dude has been choking and should be have been winning rings since 2007. He has been doing these type of performances since then. Remember how he destroyed the pistons?

He needed Wade and Bosh to win a ring. He needed battier and Mike Miller to sink every open 3 to win. Needed the refs to be on their side. Derek Rose and those other players to blow their knees out
nerd.gif

You are dissing Durant and those other players because they don't have that. Durant did not guard Lebron because the refs would not let him. Simple as that. Lebron was able to get away with fouling (game 2) so get out of here with his defense.

I watched Wade drop 25 a game, Bosh dominate on defense
laugh.gif
, Random heat players going for 20+ points every game and not missing open 3s. Greatest post season performances?
laugh.gif
. Dude is not even surpassing Dirk's performance from last year.
Ohhh, I can play this game too.

If Kobe didn't have Shaq he wouldn't have won his first three rings.

If Kobe didn't have Gasol and Artest in game seven against the Celtics he wouldn't have won that series.

If MJ didn't have Paxon draining 3's he wouldn't have won his first championship.

If MJ didn't have Steve Kerr to hit the shot of his life he wouldn't have won his 5th Championship.

So Lebron had a team that finally stepped up when it counted and actually didn't make him do everything himself. And you're saying he didn't have an unbelievable finals performance averaging 28 points 10 rebounds and 7 assists. Okay that makes sense.

I guess Mike Miller should have gotten the MVP.
You can't play at this cause you are comparing Bosh and Wade to Gasol and Artest. Come on son. The Shaq mention is irrelevant as well since Kobe gets no credit for those 3 rings from haters.

MJ never panicked with the team that he had and teamed up with other superstars. You can mention kobe whining to the front office but you should not mention MJ, Nice try though

Just my 2 cents though... I really don't get all the fascination about great NBA players having to win a ring by themselves to prove something. I find nothing wrong if you trust your teammates too. Basketball is still a team game, not won by a single individual. If we want to see great individual stars in action, there's always tennis or golf to switch to.
And of course, winning the 'chip doesn't just go to the best teams per se. There's still a lot of intangibles to consider, like lucking out with a rival player being injured (think Isiah being injured on one of his Finals appearance) or having the G.O.A.T. not in the game (think the Rockets in 94/95). Or for a more recent example, Perkins being injured on that last 'chip you got with against the C's (to be more fair, same as when the C's won it with you guys not having Bynum). Point is, you can never say a team lucked out because another  player was injured. That's just the breaks in the game. For me it's such a foolish assumption. If the tables were turned and it's your team that lucked out, I would assume you'd be looking the other way.

If you're really a Laker fan, you should know about this. Magic was never a star who wanted to win it all by himself. 

Again that's just my take.

Back
Top Bottom