OFFICIAL MIAMI HEAT @ ORLANDO MAGIC 2/22 5:30PM EST ESPN GAME THREAD

[h1] Heat at Magic[/h1]
5:30 PM ET, February 22, 2009
Amway Arena, Orlando, FL

[h2]Heat-Magic Preview[/h2]
[table][tr][td]Gameday Matchup[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]W-L[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PA[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]STK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MIA[/td] [td]29-25[/td] [td]96.4[/td] [td]96.3[/td] [td]18-10[/td] [td]11-15[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ORL[/td] [td]40-14[/td] [td]101.8[/td] [td]94.4[/td] [td]21-6[/td] [td]19-8[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]2008-09 Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Series tied 1-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri 1/2[/td] [td]@ORL 86, MIA 76[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat 1/24[/td] [td]@MIA 103, ORL 97[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Feb 22, 2009[/td] [td]MIA @ ORL[/td] [td]5:30 PM ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mar 30, 2009[/td] [td]ORL @ MIA[/td] [td]7:30 PM ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Complete Schedule: Magic | Heat[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Injury Report[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MIAMI[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· James Jones SF - Feb 21: Day-to-Day
·
Dwyane Wade SG - Feb 21: Day-to-Day
·
Jermaine O'Neal C - Feb 21: Day-to-Day
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ORLANDO[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Rashard Lewis PF - Feb 20: Day-to-Day
·
Mickael Pietrus SG - Feb 20: Day-to-Day
·
Jameer Nelson PG - Feb 19: OUT
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Fantasy Injury News
in.gif

·
View NBA injury report[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Last 5 Games[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MIAMI (ET)[/td] [td]ORLANDO (ET)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Feb 21 PHI Win 97-91
Feb 18 MIN Loss 111-104
Feb 12 @CHI Win 95-93
Feb 10 DEN Loss 99-82
Feb 08 CHA Win 96-92
[/td] [td]Feb 20 @CHA Win 92-80
Feb 18 @NO Loss 117-85
Feb 17 CHA Win 107-102
Feb 11 DEN Loss 82-73
Feb 08 NJ Win 101-84
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Complete Schedule: Miami | Orlando[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Depth Chart[/td] [/tr][tr][td]POS[/td] [td]MIAMI (PPG)[/td] [td]ORLANDO (PPG)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PG [/td] [td]M. Chalmers10.1[/td] [td]R. Alston11.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SG [/td] [td]. Wade28.4[/td] [td]M. Pietrus11.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SF [/td] [td]Y. Diawara3.3[/td] [td]H. Turkoglu16.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PF [/td] [td]U. Haslem10.9[/td] [td]R. Lewis18.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C [/td] [td]J. O'Neal13.6[/td] [td]. Howard20.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· View full depth chart
· Team rosters:
Miami | Orlando[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Team Stat Leaders[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]MIAMI[/td] [td]ORLANDO[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Points[/td] [td]. Wade 28.4[/td] [td]. Howard 20.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rebounds[/td] [td]S. Marion 8.7[/td] [td]. Howard 14.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assists[/td] [td]. Wade 7.1[/td] [td]R. Alston 8.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steals[/td] [td]. Wade 2.1[/td] [td]R. Alston 3.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blocks[/td] [td]J. Anthony 1.5[/td] [td]. Howard 3.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Team stats: Miami | Orlando[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Today's Line[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FAVORITE[/td] [td]OPEN[/td] [td]CUR[/td] [td]UNDERDOG[/td] [td]O/U[/td] [/tr][tr][td]@ORLANDO[/td] [td]-10[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]MIAMI[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATS[/td] [td]Miami[/td] [td]Orlando[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Record:[/td] [td]28-24-0 (.538)[/td] [td]38-14-0 (.731)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Favorite:[/td] [td]16-8-0 (.667)[/td] [td]31-11-0 (.738)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Underdog:[/td] [td]12-16-0 (.429)[/td] [td]7-3-0 (.700)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Home:[/td] [td]18-10-0 (.643)[/td] [td]21-6-0 (.778)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]On Road:[/td] [td]10-14-0 (.417)[/td] [td]17-8-0 (.680)[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Orlando Magic were happy with Rafer Alston's debut with the team.
JermaineO'Neal has made a similar impression in his first two games with the Southeast Division rival Miami Heat.

The Magic and Heat square off in Orlando on Sunday in a matchup between teams that pulled off perhaps the two mostsignificant trades in the NBA before Thursday's deadline.

The division-leading Magic (40-14) acquired Alston from Houston on Thursday to help fill the void left by All-Star pointguard Jameer Nelson,who's expected to miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery on a torn labrum in his right shoulder.

In his first game with the team Friday night, Alston had three points and was just 1-for-9 from the field in 29 minutes off the bench. But he also had eightassists, three steals and one turnover while successfully running Orlando's offense in a 92-80 win over Charlotte.

"Everywhere I looked, I had a weapon to pass it to," said Alston, who was averaging 11.5 points and 5.4 assist with the Rockets. "I think pointguards in this league would love to be in that situation. Everywhere you turn, you've got a guy who can flat-out shoot it or can drive it andfinish."

Knowing they needed an upgrade at the point to contend with Boston and Cleveland in the East, the Magic had no complaints with Alston's debut.

"He's a pass first, then shoot guy," said forward
Hedo Turkoglu, who had 24 points and shot 7-for-13 Friday after combining to shoot 7-for-35 over his previous threegames. "He was good tonight, creating a lot of good stuff for everybody."

The Magic targeted Alston as the cure to their point guard woes partially because he played under Magic coach Stan Van Gundy with the Heat during the 2003-04season.

The Heat (29-25) pulled off a major deal of their own before the deadline, trading
Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to Toronto for O'Nealand Jamario Moon on Feb.13.

O'Neal, a six-time All-Star center, had 13 points in his first game with Miami on Wednesday before scoring 17 points with 10 rebounds in a 97-91 win overPhiladelphia on Saturday.

"I felt so much more comfortable tonight than I felt the previous night," said O'Neal, who was 8-for-12 from the field against the 76ers."I've been working hard and we feel like we have a chance to keep building from here."

Heat star
Dwyane Wade thinks the end of Saturday's game was a good indicator of future success. Miami trailed by three with 2:51 remaining before scoring eightstraight and closing the game on a 13-4 run.

"A lot of games are going to come down just like this one ... and these are the games we're going to have to win," said Wade, who had 25 pointsand nine assists. "These are the games that make you feel good when you pull them out."

The Heat and Magic have fared well within the Southeast this season, going 7-3 and 9-2 against division rivals, respectively.

They've split their first two meetings. Orlando outscored Miami 19-11 in the fourth quarter of an 86-76 home victory Jan. 2, extending its win streakagainst the Heat to 10 games.

Miami snapped that skid with a 103-97 home win Jan. 24 but has still lost five straight in Orlando since a 110-100 victory Feb. 15, 2006

Dat heat/phily game yesterday:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Heats, let's get dwight howard in foul trouble early...that way he wont dominate the paint with those rebounds & offensive put backs!!!! No one else isa threat ( Yea i said it )...Heats by 5...
glasses.gif

This should be a great game (I hope).

Two teams I love to watch.

Pulling for the Heats* though. They need it more.
pimp.gif

I love the Orlando Magic, they're so unselfish, they're such good shooters, they can actually play some defense, they're just fun as hell to watch.

Back
Top Bottom