Official: Minnesota Vikings (11-3) at Chicago Bears (5-9) MNF Thread...8PM/ESPNHD

Dudes talkin bout benching AP now?
laugh.gif
.. yall know yall want him out theredespite all these fumbles he does. You can only pray

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by JPZx

Congrats to Chicago and their fans. They came out and played great despite the awful performance in Baltimore last week. If anyone doesn't believe in the "any given Sunday" (in this case, Monday) concept after all that has happened this season, what else do you need to be convinced? The Chicago Bears were the better team in the first half, the Vikings were the better team in the second half. Unfortunately, we weren't able to dig ourselves out of the hole we were in...

These things happen. I feel embarrassed to be holding onto the notion that we are the Cardinals of last year, but that's what I am hoping for. I believe in "any given Sunday" so all hope is not gone yet.

That #2 seed is not out of our reach yet either. We win at home against NYG (who have nothing to play for) and the Eagles lose @ Dallas, we get a first-round bye.

It's obvious we need it.

That's why you my dude JPz. One of the most level headed fans of a team I despise.
I agree. You are one of the classier fans of any team on this board.

Y'all must not know the OLD JPZ. lulz.

He spewed a lot of bs throughout the years to finally reach this level headed rationality of his.

jokes fam. jokes

smile.gif

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by nnarum

Check it out, the Bears win a regular season game, in OT, after they should've lost after missing what is essentially a chip shot, and they go bananas.

Bananas.
Check it out the vikings lost to a team thats not going no where, in OT after letting the bears drop 40 on them and shut the vikings O down all the 1st half and all of OT while playing back ups on the D and the vikings fans extra salty

like really salty
This is like when the Raider beat the Eagles, except that was worse... Upsets happen from time to time.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Check it out, the Bears win a regular season game, in OT, after they should've lost after missing what is essentially a chip shot, and they go bananas.

Bananas.
Check it out the vikings lost to a team thats not going no where, in OT after letting the bears drop 40 on them and shut the vikings O down all the 1st half and all of OT while playing back ups on the D and the vikings fans extra salty

like really salty
This is like when the Raider beat the Eagles, except that was worse... Upsets happen from time to time.

No it isn't the same. You see the difference is that was like week 7? I forget, but this always happens. The Vikes impress, then the Eagles go full steamahead into the playoffs and roll over us like steamrollers. I am a vikes fan through thick and thin, but to be fair I was always vocal about our refusal topick up vick. I don't know what it is with Brett, he just isn't there mentally like he was. No matter who we play or the bye I don't see us winninga game this post season. Hope I am wrong though.

Also, looking back, how crucial was that blocked extra point by the Bears on the Vikings first touchdown?

We would have won 31-30 without having to go into overtime.
smh.gif

What's done is done though.

Eh, I hate looking at stuff like that... I realize its a big play, but not because the final score would have been 1 pt different but because it changed theway the game was played and managed... Bears would have had to of gone for 2 at some point and the way that TE's were releasing freely throughout theentire game it doesnt seem like it would've been too difficult for them to convert.

Good to see you guys coming back down to Earth a little bit though
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Im gonna piss myself if both our teams end the year at 11-5

JPZx wrote:
We win at home against NYG (who have nothing to play for)
Neither did the Bears JPZx, hopefully your words to come back to haunt you. As a Giants fan I seriously think we will lose, but our team has beenknown to Jekyll & Hyde this season.

pimp.gif
still cantbelieve how good my team played this just make me mad cuz i was lookin for this team from the start

Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif
i still want everybody fired

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

JPZx wrote:
We win at home against NYG (who have nothing to play for)
Neither did the Bears JPZx, hopefully your words to come back to haunt you. As a Giants fan I seriously think we will lose, but our team has been known to Jekyll & Hyde this season.

True, but for some reason I'm way more confident when the Vikings are playing at home. Check this:

WK13 @ ARZ - Vikings lose to the Cardinals by 13
WK14 vs CIN - Vikings beat the Bengals by 20
WK15 @ CAR - Vikings lose to the Panthers by 19

It's really frustrating.
laugh.gif

The Vikings are undefeated at home, and hopefully it stays that way.

Minnesota really needs that #2 seed.
Reason Why: I think the Vikings have proven to everyone that they have a tough time playing in the coldweather. If they finish with the #2 seed which means a first round bye, someone would have come to play them at the Metrodome (turf/inside) in the divisionalround, if they win that, they would probably play the Saints (turf/inside) in the NFC Championship,if they win that, they would go to Miami and play in warm weather (which isn't turf but the Vikingshaven't had any problems playing in the warm weather really).

If the Vikings don't get the #2 seed, that would probably mean with a win in the WC round they would have to go play the Eagles in Philadelphia
sick.gif

When it all comes down to it, are the Vikings really that good of team? If they can't win on the road or win in cold weather they don't really deserveto go far.

I'm hoping that the Vikings found themselves a little bit there in the second half of the Monday night game (30 points) and maybe they can carry thatmomentum into the Giants game and then into the post-season.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

Well, That wont be hastening any firings at Hallas hall.
frown.gif
If anything, this game should encourage the firings. In the short time he's played, DA arguably looks like our best receiver. Cutler has beencomplimenting him since training camp and he takes this long to see the field? And Cutler finally had time to throw yesterday because Chris Williams wasplaying his natural position at LT. They need to stop playing guys out of position. Besides, we almost choked the game away too. We might be happy we won butwe still gotta look at the negatives...this team still needs major fixing.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I am a vikes fan through thick and thin, but to be fair I was always vocal about our refusal to pick up vick. I don't know what it is with Brett, he just isn't there mentally like he was. No matter who we play or the bye I don't see us winning a game this post season. Hope I am wrong though.
What has Brett done wrong? He's having one of the best years of his career. And that's saying something. Vick hasn't proved he canplay a whole 60 minute game, plus he hasn't proven to be effective in the passing game. There was a reason he was the highest yards per carry QB in thelast decade...

Ever since we clinched the division, it's like our guys became complacent. Well when you sit around too long, you're going to be stuck there. And itseems like they finally snapped out of it too late last night.

Minnesota really needs that #2 seed.
Reason Why: I think the Vikings have proven to everyone that they have a tough time playing in the cold weather. If they finish with the #2 seed which means a first round bye, someone would have come to play them at the Metrodome (turf/inside) in the divisional round, if they win that, they would probably play the Saints (turf/inside) in the NFC Championship, if they win that, they would go to Miami and play in warm weather (which isn't turf but the Vikings haven't had any problems playing in the warm weather really).

If the Vikings don't get the #2 seed, that would probably mean with a win in the WC round they would have to go play the Eagles in Philadelphia
sick.gif
I would disagree. They played outstanding offense in the second half... Unless you're talking about the defense. They played horrible all gamelong. Special teams included. I think we can compete in the cold weather, it's just maybe not the best situation for our team considering half of our gamesare indoors.

No Brad Childress-led team will ever win a S.B. or probably advance to one.....so seedings for Minnesota does not matter. Playoffs are now where you getoutcoached, and opposing teams are licking their chops to face off against "coaching clinic" Childress (despite MN having as much individual talentas any other team - which is sad).

Fun fact: The Giants and Vikings have faced each other in 8 of the last 9 regular seasons. If you include playoffs they have faced off 10 of the last 11seasons.

Back
Top Bottom