Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

He was still cold with the Wizards. I’d def take a wizards jersey so I could complete the collection.

CCC0E1E2-1A55-4EA5-889A-D9CDA8DCD6EB.jpeg

I’d buy this pretty fast. Have the Nike swingman still back when it released.

I have an authentic Size 52 somewhere in storage. Got some work from me in HS. :lol:

PO

First NBA game I went to was MJ with the Wiz. Wasn’t into NBA that much back then so can’t tell you anything about the game. I can tell you he was wearing the white and blue XVIIIs lol

Still got both the swingman and authentic Nike Jersey in my clothes bin, folded and stored in a large zip lock bag. Love this Jersey!

I know mine is in a bag in my closet but pretty sure age has gotten to it lol. Would def take an authentic.

Ok so for some strange unknown reason (Corona times), I decided to re-watch Cormega's old documentary and there's a whole segment about Mitchell & Ness since he was one of the first MCs to rock M&N jerseys. Starts around 1:04.

I'd easily spend 1K just to be able to go back in time and spend 1 hour in the old-school store. The Bulls Reggie Theus piece is crazy. Capolino was a great storyteller but it really showed the passion that he had for the game.

Man, I'm blessed for the relationships and connections I made off NT over the past 15 or so years. Was lucky to hit the old-school store a few times with NT NY folks when they'd make Philly trips. Great vibe in there and cool employees. Wish I made it to Atlanta to experience Distant Replays.

Since we're talking about MJ's Wizards years, I figured I'd post a momento from a particularly special game!
IMG_20200217_215611.jpg

April 16 2003! MJ's last professional game! And dumb luck, it's in Philly against my Sixers. Had to go. Only a 45 minute drive (normally, but that day, a good hour 20. Traffic was INSANE!!) This was way before secondary market for tickets. You either got them from a scalper (and risk arrest or fake tickets) or you had to buy them from the team box office. Could buy them from people but it wasn't easy to find out who had what. So I spot an ad in the Philadelphia Daily News. 2 tickets, 2nd to last row of the WF Center (which was high up and far!!) For $150! Done!! Didn't care. Had to be there!

Mailed the guy a check, and waited (and prayed I wasn't getting scammed). A few days later 2 tickets arrived in an envelope. My best friend from Jr hi & high school went with. Told him, don't pay me until we get in (then we know the ticks were legit). They were and it was AWESOME!! Never saw so many Jordan jerseys at one place in an opposing arena. I wore my Red Champion Authentic that night with my '94 Jordan 1s. Had some guy offer me $250 for my jersey that night (not for sale). Boys to Men sang at the end of the 1st. Ray Clay introduced MJ. Was a great night and one I'll never ever forget!!

MJ was still good on the wizards just not his usual dominant self but for a 40 year old he was pretty good... it just sucks he couldnt end his career with the bulls and had to play again for the wizards

Nope, check the materials on OG authentic vs swingmans. They disrespect some of them. I don't mind a swingman, but I'm particular with swingman selection. I personally only buy a swingman if I know the OG authentic had mesh, if the OG authentic wasn't mesh, it's a no for me. They did that same bs with the Larry Bird swingman and it looks awful.

Nope, check the materials on OG authentic vs swingmans. They disrespect some of them. I don't mind a swingman, but I'm particular with swingman selection. I personally only buy a swingman if I know the OG authentic had mesh, if the OG authentic wasn't mesh, it's a no for me. They did that same bs with the Larry Bird swingman and it looks awful.

I don't buy many swingmans but as a Laker fan Big Shot Bob is a must have. Plus I got it 40% off from one of these sites so the price wasn't bad at all.

Some years Larry Bird wore mesh. I don’t mind my swingman Bird but it’s an adidas one. But I don’t have any other swingmans. But swingmans are always mesh never dry fit or anything.

Some years Larry Bird wore mesh. I don’t mind my swingman Bird but it’s an adidas one. But I don’t have any other swingmans. But swingmans are always mesh never dry fit or anything.

That he did, but to clarify a little further what I meant, the 85-86 authentic that's been produced was polyester material, they made a swingman of that with particular version with mesh, which of course is inaccurate. I wouldn't mind it if they changed the year on it to reflect a more accurate representation of when the Celtics actually switched to mesh. I believe they were one of the last teams to switch to mesh material for game jerseys. Not a big deal to me to not buy it, but being a basketball fan, it always bugs me lol.

Back
Top Bottom