Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Also, wanted to give everyone a sneak peak of the new Dons
69780C41-4D17-4167-99BE-B9F04737ABD2.jpeg

it’s giving me hatsurgeon

That's fine lol. Not bout to wait till i'm 40+ for Mitchell and Ness to finally release accurate authentics again, and I'm also not wearing their swingmans. When they were still stitched, I would've considered it. But now? HELL nah.

Is it ok to post trucustom stuff here? Idk, I wouldn't want to take away from the thread, can't wait for my second order to come in.
I approve

maybe M&N sees this thread and steps it game up

I only buy licensed stuff so not into customs but can't deny his **** its 99% accurate from what I can see

Thanks for your approval :lol:

M&N has zero incentive to do anything. They just keep on churning out trash with occasional good stuff. I'm tired of waiting for better quality materials.

Thanks for your approval :lol:

M&N has zero incentive to do anything. They just keep on churning out trash with occasional good stuff. I'm tired of waiting for better quality materials.

Honestly I gave up in 2011 when I got a couple of jerseys from the $100 sale. Couldn't believe how bad they were. That was the last time I bought any NBA stuff from them, grabbed a couple of made in U.S.A. flannels after that, but with few exceptions, they've kept their same cookie cutter, stiff, ill fitting material since then. Not worth the premium price. Not even worth getting stuff cheap b/c if I want to resell later it's a huge hassle with the typical broke lowballers that seem to be very common in M&N collecting. If I can grab some swingman shorts at huge discount that's the extent of what I'll get.

Not sure if it's me or perhaps minor...noticed the Grizzlies just don shorts have the draw strings on the inside of the waist band.

^ I agree. The cookie cutter approach to everything irks me so much. I find myself looking for US made runs more and more, I'm glad I still have stuff from the early 00s to compare the quality to. As a sports fan, I WANT to buy from M&N, but you're right, with increasing prices and decreasing quality, why should I throw my money away? Even having swingmans as an option is less appealing because they give you trash materials with that too.

Call trucustoms what you want, fake or otherwise. He's the only one out there attempting to come close to the og, tailored to fit, and for a fraction of the price.

Mitchell and Ness basketball isn't even a jersey anymore. It's just a heavy, oddly fitting tank top with numbers on it. (Not even mad, but it is what it is)

Truth be told, I myself, wouldn't purchase a jersey from Tru that was widespread by mn, unless I was an absolute fanatic over a certain player or jersey. But that's just me.

My tru's include:
Lebron Cavs hwc jersey
Heat lebron red throwback jersey
Black suns fireball Barkley
White suns fireball Barkley
Purple suns fireball Barkley
Hardaway heat all star 1997
Clippers Dominique Wilkins
Pacers Miller home flo jo

Only 2 MN produced is the hardaway (non all star)
And the pacers flo jo

Neither have been seen out of MN in many years.

Tru's feel like mid 90s champion jerseys and quality is on point. There isn't a single stitch out of line.

So not mad at all.

Honestly I gave up in 2011 when I got a couple of jerseys from the $100 sale. Couldn't believe how bad they were. That was the last time I bought any NBA stuff from them, grabbed a couple of made in U.S.A. flannels after that, but with few exceptions, they've kept their same cookie cutter, stiff, ill fitting material since then. Not worth the premium price. Not even worth getting stuff cheap b/c if I want to resell later it's a huge hassle with the typical broke lowballers that seem to be very common in M&N collecting. If I can grab some swingman shorts at huge discount that's the extent of what I'll get.
Those mlb playoff sales were great man, especially for me cuz i always preferred baseball jerseys over other sports. Havent bought any jersey from them in yrs.

Forgot I had this one. To continue with the trucustom talk...

I have this Dream Team MJ. Looked for the original Champion one for years, only ones I've seen were $5500 and $10k and up, so that wasn't happening. This had the Champion tag added by the previous owner (probably trying to be a shady seller, which is the ultimate risk long term for these in the gamers market).

I had an original Karl Malone dream team of the same style, so I could give a fair comparison to the OG. The #1 difference in mine is the way the screen print is done on the Truecustom is different (not as thick). The other noticeable things are the inside sewing technique and trim is slightly different, but really nothing I would notice had I not had an original, and definitely better than the M&N version.

CustomJordanOlympic1.jpeg
CustomJordanOlympic2.jpeg
MaloneDreamTeam1.jpg
Malone Dream Team 2.jpg

Jazz Just Don shorts arrived today from the Oneness sale.
8DCA0839-0235-4F82-BB35-B7D6A63FB2D1.jpeg

998DFAFD-CA28-4916-BA4F-FE4E0567D9F1.jpeg
The shade of purple is darker than the regular Jazz authentics from M&N, and more accurate to game-worn pairs than the brighter purple. The waistband colors are also more accurate to game-worn pairs.

Game-worn
9DF5BBB6-0BAC-4AB6-9C0D-5FED899B1F8A.jpeg
M&N authentic
67DF92C2-0062-4484-8465-AE3F00328F64.jpeg

Frustratingly, after getting so many of the little details right, Just Don got the waistband logo wrong. Correct version (M&N Authentic) on top, with the Just Don version on the bottom.

EFE77E50-505D-4750-A292-3FB8DA1ED121.jpeg
BBB66DD3-BBFE-4149-A209-C08B4122ACF9.jpeg
As far as sizing, the medium Just Dons fit pretty much the same as my authentic mediums. Both waistbands measured approximately 14.5 inches unstretched. If anything, the Just Dons were a tad tighter.

Overall, I’m impressed that Just Don made a more accurate pair of authentic shorts in some ways instead of just using the regular M&N Jazz authentics. It obviously would have been more historically accurate to use a pair of the J-Note shorts with the 1993 All-Star logo instead of putting it on the 1996-97 mountain shorts, but I like the way these turned out.

Last edited:
Trucustoms are technically fakes 🤣

They're reproductions, no different than M&N "authentics".

It's just that the former is way more accurate than the latter.

I wouldn't even buy an M&N jersey if they had another $100 sale, they're just a shorts company to me now, :lol:

Btw, where do y’all find these blanks for trucustoms?
Older nba authentics are pretty tough to find
No blanks. The jerseys are made from scratch. I believe the trims are outsourced. But that's it

Truth be told, if the old champion/sand knit/Nike/etc. etc blanks were abundantly available, there wouldn't be much use for trucustoms.

Jazz Just Don shorts arrived today from the Oneness sale.
8DCA0839-0235-4F82-BB35-B7D6A63FB2D1.jpeg

998DFAFD-CA28-4916-BA4F-FE4E0567D9F1.jpeg
The shade of purple is darker than the regular Jazz authentics from M&N, and more accurate to game-worn pairs than the brighter purple. The waistband colors are also more accurate to game-worn pairs.

Game-worn
9DF5BBB6-0BAC-4AB6-9C0D-5FED899B1F8A.jpeg
M&N authentic
67DF92C2-0062-4484-8465-AE3F00328F64.jpeg

Frustratingly, after getting so many of the little details right, Just Don got the waistband logo wrong. Correct version (M&N Authentic) on top, with the Just Don version on the bottom.

EFE77E50-505D-4750-A292-3FB8DA1ED121.jpeg
BBB66DD3-BBFE-4149-A209-C08B4122ACF9.jpeg
As far as sizing, the medium Just Dons fit pretty much the same as my authentic mediums. Both waistbands measured approximately 14.5 inches unstretched. If anything, the Just Dons were a tad tighter.

Overall, I’m impressed that Just Don made a more accurate pair of authentic shorts in some ways instead of just using the regular M&N Jazz authentics. It obviously would have been more historically accurate to use a pair of the J-Note shorts with the 1993 All-Star logo instead of putting it on the 1996-97 mountain shorts, but I like the way these turned out.
Nice pick up and observations. I need to compare mine as well. I wished the "UJ" logo was on the Dons instead of that 93 ASG logo.

Back
Top Bottom