Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Got a Curry Nike authentic on sale for $150. I’ll admit I was a bit shocked at how flimsy it feels.
gotta get use to the idea that these brands and players want thinner and lighters uniforms because science or data says they perform better especially with sweat drying quicker apparently

I wouldn't say the jerseys suck but don't buy any expecting the jerseys you were getting 90s and early 2000s with heavy duty twill and extremely heavy mesh or polyester jerseys.

times are changing, get used to it. at least Nike is putting out authentic and all kinds of players, only positive so far over the crap Adidas pulled

All the shorts, no matter the size, have an 8.5 inseam

Correct, only thing that changes would be the width of the waist and the length of the rise.

I’m 6’4, all their shorts sit high on me and that ain’t me. Not wearing shorts above my knees, **** weird to me. They can sit on my knee.

Might as well sag then and wear your shorts like capris

o-SOULJA-BOY-570.jpg

Correct, only thing that changes would be the width of the waist and the length of the rise.

o-SOULJA-BOY-570.jpg

Even in the baggy era my shorts never went past the top of my calves.

I’m not wearing shorts that when I sit down, they’re 3-4 inches away from my knees.

New pickup: Magic Johnson 1988 All Star Game Mitchell & Ness, size 48, brand new with tags. This jersey is done correctly for the era, with the correct screen printing style (as opposed to the made in China style, and even the 1989 Barkley All Star). did not think I would find this jersey in this size, let alone new with tags, so because I was able to find this (first time I've seen this in this size in my time collecting).

AllStarMN11.jpeg
AllStarMN12.jpeg

That's definitely a 2000s version along with USA manufacturing. The paper tags hanging on it is also a giveaway because they were printed that way during that decade.

You're also right about the correct screen printing format with the perforated holes within the ink. The China manufactured ones seem to have more of a glossy look on the ink and definitely don't have any holes within it which renders them somewhat inaccurate unfortunately.

I know the differences/discrepancies because I have one of those in a size 52 that I got back in late 2003 that was USA manufactured but it was stupidly cut too big unfortunately and now I'm in the process of trying to get rid of it now.

I'm disappointed I have to get rid of it because I actually just recently realized it was cut larger than normal after all those years. I really liked the jersey predicated on the fact it's Magic who's my all-time favorite player and it seemed accurate all across the board except for the stupid sizing.

o-SOULJA-BOY-570.jpg

Let's not rehash the way too oversized look of the 2000s please. I honestly went through that phase unfortunately and I'm still stuck with some oversized Mitchell & Ness jerseys in my possession. Yeah I'm still sustaining the bad residual effects from that era.

TJ Ford commenting on that infamous photo shoot.

“Let me tell you how that came about. So 15 years ago at RTP, rookie transitional program, we had to do a photoshoot. Everybody that got drafted from 2003. So when I show up, your team is supposed to ship all your uniforms and things that fit your sizes. But when I get there ready to do my photo segment for all the NBA photos, those were the shorts they gave me! I had these big ole shorts for a guy that was 7-feet tall, and they also gave me a jersey that was just as big. They told me, ‘This is all we have. There’s nothing else for us to give you. So, you have to take these photos in these shorts.'”

#ShortsTalk

Pages of sizing questions
#NTExtremes of cats wearing either short shorts or super baggy circa 2002
When/where is the next sale?
Pick up posts of the same shorts from those sales
#JustDon't talk and slander

Im ready :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: Summers here, we gonna be fly in quarantine fellas (and ladies?)

#ShortsTalk

Pages of sizing questions
#NTExtremes of cats wearing either short shorts or super baggy circa 2002
When/where is the next sale?
Pick up posts of the same shorts from those sales
#JustDon't talk and slander

Im ready :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: Summers here, we gonna be fly in quarantine fellas (and ladies?)

You forget the 10+ page debate on pockets when the first run of authentic shorts came out, lol!

TJ Ford commenting on that infamous photo shoot.

“Let me tell you how that came about. So 15 years ago at RTP, rookie transitional program, we had to do a photoshoot. Everybody that got drafted from 2003. So when I show up, your team is supposed to ship all your uniforms and things that fit your sizes. But when I get there ready to do my photo segment for all the NBA photos, those were the shorts they gave me! I had these big ole shorts for a guy that was 7-feet tall, and they also gave me a jersey that was just as big. They told me, ‘This is all we have. There’s nothing else for us to give you. So, you have to take these photos in these shorts.'”
low key messed up

never really paid attention to the pics, they must've thought TJ Ford was a 7 foot center, jersey gigantic too

Another pickup: 1969 Jim Bouton Seattle Pilots road Mitchell & Ness jersey, size XL. I've been after this jersey for years and it's eluded me forever. With this jersey, I have now purchased every Mitchell & Ness jersey that I had on my wish list, as well as every MLB jersey on my list. I may buy some here and there, but now I can focus on my gamers and pro cuts.

SeattlePilotsMN1.jpeg
SeattlePIlotsMN2.jpeg

Every time I wanna knock the 2000's shorts era I gotta stop and remember it could be worse and seriously how in the hell did these dudes play in BRIEFS out there man :lol: :smh:

gem9fa5kobg11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom