Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

B86B0ABA-7888-4F33-9EE8-13402C741D60.png

Since were giving opinions

I prefer authentic‘s and have only purchased authentic’s going on 19 years. But to the general public $100 is a lot for a jersey and that’s the swingman price range. They’re not spending 200+ for the authentics, and never once has anyone noticed that I had on authentic shorts specifically only noticed the team/color combo/design.

but then again this is Niketalk where it’s common too a have 25 pairs of shoes and not be looked that funny. The average consumer ain’t buying $100 dollar shorts and $300 jerseys, They wouldn’t spend $300 on any single article of clothing, for the most part.

P.S don’t ever go to the basketball court in a nba jersey people are gone go at you twice as hard like oh he thinks (MJ, Kobe,Vince,T-Mac)............

1758ACA6-CE0B-463A-88E3-7D6630167B6D.jpeg

what I have left from the Jersey era most of them I gave away to family and friends (2007-2012) due to them being too big, all purchased pre-2004, massively oversized 3X and 4X, they are too big take to a tailor. I’m a 44 /L by the way

Im thinking about getting those pistons shorts. I just got the OG 95 Filas that Grant Hill wore with these shorts but the colors dont go lol I dont know how Grant Hill pulled that off in the 90’s
56D26C9F-87ED-4E98-BF9D-9E9E3E7902A8.jpeg
7E12E735-BB37-4496-A625-9B2C902EAFA3.jpeg

He was still wearing the red/blue jersey when those shoes came out. I guess fila didn't bother to give him a PE. Funny thing is they finally gave him a PE like 3 or 4 years ago with this color scheme .

sober thoughts sober thoughts You made me try on my jerseys I bought during the baggy era. Now I’ve firmly added Jordan and AI to the list of jerseys to rebuy in a Medium. Both the Large Nike and XL Reebok almost hit my knees smh. I distinctly remember the extra light wash baggy jeans I used to rock them with in my white/red XVIIIs :lol: Good times

Replicas or not, the authentics still get much closer to the real OG joints (except the ones they really messed up like the Richmond Kings piece and others), as close as one can get to the actual gamers, which are far more expensive. The authentics are legit nice and good quality fashion pieces. Of course, none of this matters if you don't know how to dress but that's besides the point :lol: .

Swingmans look cheap to me. The names and numbers are made of plastic, and they fade after a couple washes anyway. In fact, they fake the double stitching effect to replicate the 3D look. They're official fakes. Not knocking anyone for wearing swingmans, that's not my point, by all means do you. But they're not even comparable to the authentic line.

I disagree with the price tag too. I think swingmans are the ones that are unreasonably expensive. They should sell for 70 bucks max at retail. I mean with a 20% code, I was able to get a markdown authentic for 168$ recently. That's far better value than a 110$ swingman that'll last you two months.

What outsiders think doesn't matter to me honestly.

All this is true. But sometimes its not about the quality/price for some people . it's about will I ever see this product again in a authentic version to begin with. Especially when your talking about smaller market team fans. We all know M&N produces way more gear for ceartin teams!

Agree with majority about authentic quality being far and above swingman. I don't mess with swingman jerseys only because I don't rock jerseys all that much anyway so prefer the authentics. Have one pair of swingman shorts since it's my team and the difference between swingman and authentic is night and day. No disrespect though if you rock swingman jerseys or shorts, just not for me.

Back
Top Bottom