Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Just found out the Dream Team authentics are screen printed. Sick to stomach that I dropped $240 for a screen print. I didn't even pay attention because I never dreamed a $300 retail jersey would be screen print. Now I have to go through their awful return process. I currently have an item that was returned 20+ days ago and I still haven't gotten my money. (Yes I know the original Dream Team jerseys were screen print, I don't care, if its $300 make that thing stitched)
Would it be an authentic then?

Just found out the Dream Team authentics are screen printed. Sick to stomach that I dropped $240 for a screen print. I didn't even pay attention because I never dreamed a $300 retail jersey would be screen print. Now I have to go through their awful return process. I currently have an item that was returned 20+ days ago and I still haven't gotten my money. (Yes I know the original Dream Team jerseys were screen print, I don't care, if its $300 make that thing stitched)

Stitched does not equal better. Nike made a stitched version and it looked awful. I personally wouldn't go anywhere near a dream team jersey that wasn't screen printed.

I always read about inaccuracies in jerseys in color, execution, etc

so youre saying purposely make it inaccurate?

Don’t sleep on screen print. That’s the way teams did biz back in the day. Nothing bad about it. MNN does a good job with it most of the time. You could wash it and be fine. It’s not gonna crack unless u beat it to sssshhhhh.

While most of us prefer stitched because it's more intricate in detail, you just have to accept that some bygone era authentic jerseys were produced that way. You have to cope with it if that's what you want to own and wear with a certain style. And I'm a dude who is strongly biased and have a serious preference for stitched jerseys saying this. But I can cope with screen printed since it's authentic like that and especially if I'm going to own and wear older era Jordan jerseys since I'm a big fan of his.

No one is ever pleased on NT, accuracy be damned

I know, right?

I'm reiterating what I posted with this, although I prefer stitched jerseys, I feel the screen printed Jordan jerseys I have came out better than the stitched ones I have ironically. Definitely better materials, and somewhat better font sizes although a fellow member elaborated the slight discrepancies on the screen printed ones. The stitched Jordan jerseys actually have more discrepancies with the font sizes, and I feel the materials are also off a little.

Don’t sleep on screen print. That’s the way teams did biz back in the day. Nothing bad about it. MNN does a good job with it most of the time. You could wash it and be fine. It’s not gonna crack unless u beat it to sssshhhhh.

This is accurate on all fronts. The only cracking and fading and peeling that occurs is on any crappy replica ones that look and feel so cheap that it looks like you could tear them up with your hands based on the optics of those.

I stupidly got a retro 76ers NBA 50th Anniversary jersey of Allen Iverson made in U.S.A. in a size 56 in early 2004. So I was able to swap that useless oversized crap for this one pictured. I got my repurpose on again with this one.

Some others mentioned there were discrepancies with the current made in China version. Please reiterate them to me so I can know what I'm basically enduring with this one. I'll also gladly post more pictures of the old one and the current one together so everyone can compare and contrast them at a later date.
IMG_4196.JPG
IMG_4198.JPG

I stupidly got a retro 76ers NBA 50th Anniversary jersey of Allen Iverson made in U.S.A. in a size 56 in early 2004. So I was able to swap that useless oversized crap for this one pictured. I got my repurpose on again with this one.

Some others mentioned there were discrepancies with the current made in China version. Please reiterate them to me so I can know what I'm basically enduring with this one. I'll also gladly post more pictures of the old one and the current one together so everyone can compare and contrast them at a later date.
IMG_4196.JPG
IMG_4198.JPG

You were probably better off keeping the older one and trying to get it tailored. The shoulders are too wide on the China production run. The US production run had thinner shoulders, which closer resembled the original jersey. I copped this Iverson too, knowing the discrepancy, it just didn't bother me as much.

For reference....https://s48.photobucket.com/user/Ni...xers1996-97aiversonblue.jpg.html?sort=9&o=471

Thanks to Nick for posting the link to his pics, I use it for reference a lot to go LC for stuff I happen to find.

Anyone know how fast the shorts sold out?
Checked on them this morning & saw they were OOS. Was hoping for a discount.
Looks like them days are done. :lol: :smh:

PO

I truly believe they're either not producing as much inventory as before OR they're dropping in small bunches, in turn creating a "demand."

IMG_4196.JPG
IMG_4198.JPG
Low key one of my fav jerseys but the current version is absolutely hideous especially the thick *** pipping on the neck and arm holes

:smh:

Buggin, that screen print is sick.

The orange Curry might be the most slept-on jersey, I haven’t seen too many people rock it or post pictures of it. At first I wasn’t sold on it but the color and the shiny material make for a perfect summer jersey. Some nice details too. Definitely a head-turner. 90$from the EU NBA store.

That Curry and the Willis Reed are super underrated.

A0827C75-69DB-4350-A74A-ED491600D33C.jpeg

that's why I'm passing on the mj dream team... I got the Nike one which is stitched... not as accurate as the m&n one but I prefer it over the screen print... I do want the shorts though

The orange Curry might be the most slept-on jersey, I haven’t seen too many people rock it or post pictures of it. At first I wasn’t sold on it but the color and the shiny material make for a perfect summer jersey. Some nice details too. Definitely a head-turner. 90$from the EU NBA store.

That Curry and the Willis Reed are super underrated.

A0827C75-69DB-4350-A74A-ED491600D33C.jpeg
With the white polo cap, set it off 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Back
Top Bottom