Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

This thread is on one today, gonna get hiccups from all the lulz :rofl:

mine has gold jerry. i got em in 2018.

You def have the first run then, i must have them confused with the red Heat cause i think those had the regular jerry logo. Check the inner tag that runs down the right seam to see when they were manufactured. I got these red Bulls in '16 from apparel zoo for about $70....good times in here, errbody was EATING off those deals

IMG_20200830_204639.jpg

my 1st runs has the gold logo. The newly produced ones that were manufactured in spring 2020, looks identical with the gold Jerry as well.

it looks exactly the same, weird how it randomly dropped though.
I think the red ones had the regular jerry logo, i must have got them confused

wore mine today too

Upon further review, yours are swingman. You talking about 1st run swingmans? I’m talking about 1st run authentics vs the 2020 authentic remakes.

I was tripping out on why your M I A M I was spaced so far apart, then I realized it was printed on a patch and sewed on.

Either way, nice shorts :nerd:

This thread is on one today, gonna get hiccups from all the lulz :rofl:

You def have the first run then, i must have them confused with the red Heat cause i think those had the regular jerry logo. Check the inner tag that runs down the right seam to see when they were manufactured. I got these red Bulls in '16 from apparel zoo for about $70....good times in here, errbody was EATING off those deals

IMG_20200830_204639.jpg

I think the red ones had the regular jerry logo, i must have got them confused
This got me curious. Just peeped a pair on eBay and even though they’re swingman, it also has a gold Jerry?
52AAD88F-9854-4460-9567-D179F4EA083F.jpeg

Someone wildin tryna charge almost 300 for swingman lol

But goddamn that red pair goes hard. I'd get them over the black.

I mean I still want the black because I don't have either pair but if that red up there was a medium...

I’m still waiting for some other websites to post up the black Heat shorts for sale. I missed the Eastbay drop bc I was helping a friend clear out his storage unit and didn’t have good reception in there

The authentic replicas we get are not what players wear, it is heavy because of fashion. The earlier runs (US, El Salvador, Mexico) are closer to on court/field versions. No way I believe players felt comfortable playing in what's being produced now. The shorts are fire, but they're stupid heavy. Imagine having to play defense on a professional level in the weight of those shorts lol

I own Champion and Nike authentic shorts from the 90's, it's just as heavy as the ones M&N sells. 80's/90's era always had the heavy mesh. It didn't change until the late 90's when the NBA got split into different manufactures. I wouldn't necessarily say that M&N authentics are heavy because of fashion. It all comes down to what's readily available when it comes to mesh fabrics. It would help if M&N stayed consistent with the types of meshes they use on these jerseys according to the time they were used in the NBA. Late 90's to early 2000's era of jerseys are harder to replicate at times because a lot of companies made jerseys in that time period (Champion, Nike, Reebok, Starter, and Puma)

I own Champion and Nike authentic shorts from the 90's, it's just as heavy as the ones M&N sells. 80's/90's era always had the heavy mesh. It didn't change until the late 90's when the NBA got split into different manufactures. I wouldn't necessarily say that M&N authentics are heavy because of fashion. It all comes down to what's readily available when it comes to mesh fabrics. It would help if M&N stayed consistent with the types of meshes they use on these jerseys according to the time they were used in the NBA. Late 90's to early 2000's era of jerseys are harder to replicate at times because a lot of companies made jerseys in that time period (Champion, Nike, Reebok, Starter, and Puma)

Thanks, I get it. The point was already expressed earlier today.

I don’t understand. After a while people’s swingmans gonna look like this:

EED2153B-82DD-44B9-8891-6DEEC1049CE3.png

Then u got other swingmans that don’t even look remotely the same as the authentics like theses:

60858033-1AE4-45AC-A779-69C0580FEE5D.jpeg
Like the diamond trim on the sides don’t even connect to the bottom trim.

Other Swingman shorts look NOTHING like the authentic version.

idgaf, you can wear what u want to wear, but at least wear the versions that make the most sense.

My list of borderline acceptable swingmans compared to authentics are:

Showtime Lakers shorts (no logos). Plain purple/gold or gold/purple. Looks the same as authentics minus the real trim and different materials, and triangle cut at the side. D

Charlotte Hornets shorts. Teal or dark purple/blue. Looks exactly the same as authentics. No patches or logos you have to worry about.

just saying...
Damn some of you should embalm ur shorts and put them in a sarcophagus. They ain’t made to last forever. Wear em , enjoy em and toss em.

moderators need to understand
Not to Delete post since we are disagreeing. It’s not all unnecessary post.
I posted about price differences with no shade.
🤦🏽‍♂️

We can all disagree and have opinions as long as it doesn't get personal or has nothing to do with Mitchell & Ness. But a lot of times people diverge far from the thread topic in a debate so it's understandable why they clean up irrelevant posts.

Some get sensitive when you don't tell them what they want to hear or like to hear, and it has nothing to do with them personally, so they go on attack mode. It's like the moderation team has to prevent battles and wars on here.

Yeah you tried to educate someone who clearly didn't understand basic math about price differences earlier, but there's possibility it would have been a battle because some don't want to learn. A lot don't know how to read context so they assume you're attacking them when you have your own ideas.

I can still appreciate M & N reproducing something that wasn't available at that time. Ironically some of the Champion or Nike jerseys from the '90s had discrepancies although they were the contracted apparel provider that time.

Authentics were available in the 90’s. I still have multiple pairs I purchased throughout the decade. The main difference between retail and game issued was the omission of the brand logo (NBA not NCAA) and custom player cuts/sizing. The materials were the same.
Back to my original point- if you’re so wrapped up in people not wearing “authentics”, you should take a step back and actually hunt down proper authentics. Until then, you’re just a hypocrite buying imitation pieces while calling people out for doing the exact same thing.
I agree that the M&N authentics are a better quality than the swingmans but they’re both licensed knockoffs of a brand(s) that is no longer making the original product.

What’s worse is the fact that M&N is charging $125+ for made in China while Champion made their authentics in the USA during the 90’s.
34d26a00-e926-4a46-8157-7155bd3652dd-jpeg.2641402

Attachments

• 34D26A00-E926-4A46-8157-7155BD3652DD.jpeg
    34D26A00-E926-4A46-8157-7155BD3652DD.jpeg
    471.7 KB · Views: 780
hate this place (not really, well kind of). Just grabbed Don Lakers.

hope rockets and that code hang around lol.

Oneness has 20% off just don shorts. I scrolled back 3-4 pages and didn’t see anyone post so I’m throwing it out there in case anyone’s interested. FSR of the Lakers. 6 pairs, warriors, lakers, heat, bucks, rockets, raptors.

I pulled the trigger on the Just Don Lakers shorts. Thank you!

Oneness has 20% off just don shorts. I scrolled back 3-4 pages and didn’t see anyone post so I’m throwing it out there in case anyone’s interested. FSR of the Lakers. 6 pairs, warriors, lakers, heat, bucks, rockets, raptors.
hate this place (not really, well kind of). Just grabbed Don Lakers.

hope rockets and that code hang around lol.
I pulled the trigger on the Just Don Lakers shorts. Thank you!

I hate all tree of y’all. :smh:

Grabbed the Lakers joints also.

Back
Top Bottom