Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

How difficult is the process to tailor from L to M? Any good tailor should be able to do so?

A good tailor won’t half ***, which is usually a lot of work(especially Mitchell ness jerseys) , from using same colored threads(instead of random colors to save time) to measuring things beforehand(like the tags to make sure placement isn’t off) . I’ve seen tailors just chop and paste which results in a “Frankenstein” jersey.

9ABC7976-CCD2-49A5-9103-4CB8B3C77314.jpeg

2018 XL (inferred orange / smaller triangles) 2021 L (Orange / larger triangles). The XL lines up 3 inches wider then the large.

it seems like tailors have a hard time with jerseys that have a design on the side vs no design on the side...for example rookie kobe jersey vs his 24 jersey in the 08 finals...i never had a terrible job yet since i started getting my jerseys tailored... the worst thing they did was mess up the tags on the bottom... one tailor put it too high and one put it too low but easy fix...then my recent kobe rookie jersey i had tailored i said make it the same exact length as another jersey i gave them... when i got it back it was actually longer lol but again easy fix just waste of money...i told the guy he said he measured the buttom of the neck trim to the bottom of the jersey which was weird but had the same length using the ruler...as far as side designs i gave my nuggets home alex english to the tailor and its not terrible but the front rainbow isnt aligned with the back rainbow... you dont notice it unless you look at the jersey real close and i raise my arms up and see it on the sides lol...for the most part they do a great job... what makes the process easy is telling them exactly what you want done and give them a jersey that fits you perfect and let them keep that to use as an example on the new jersey that will be tailored...

it seems like tailors have a hard time with jerseys that have a design on the side vs no design on the side...for example rookie kobe jersey vs his 24 jersey in the 08 finals...i never had a terrible job yet since i started getting my jerseys tailored... the worst thing they did was mess up the tags on the bottom... one tailor put it too high and one put it too low but easy fix...then my recent kobe rookie jersey i had tailored i said make it the same exact length as another jersey i gave them... when i got it back it was actually longer lol but again easy fix just waste of money...i told the guy he said he measured the buttom of the neck trim to the bottom of the jersey which was weird but had the same length using the ruler...as far as side designs i gave my nuggets home alex english to the tailor and its not terrible but the front rainbow isnt aligned with the back rainbow... you dont notice it unless you look at the jersey real close and i raise my arms up and see it on the sides lol...for the most part they do a great job... what makes the process easy is telling them exactly what you want done and give them a jersey that fits you perfect and let them keep that to use as an example on the new jersey that will be tailored...
Any asymmetrical graphic design jersey is a no go on tailoring, width wise. I.e. Suns 90s flaming basketball jerseys, nuggets mountain jerseys, bucks big buck jerseys, pacers flo jo jerseys etc etc.

Can anyone comment on the sleeves on the nba warmups? I’ve got long arms, not sure if I should size up.

Can anyone comment on the sleeves on the nba warmups? I’ve got long arms, not sure if I should size up.

The arms have plenty of space. Body of the warmup is tailored, meaning as you go down to the waistband of the jacket it gets slightly narrow, but not by a whole lot. You should be good.

Back
Top Bottom